“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Strathaven
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Perhaps the best feature of this hotel is its location ie next to a metro station. The hotel itself looks dated and lacks some of the refinements expected in a four star establishment. I also found it noisy in the bedroom where there appeared to be a continues air noise which affected my sleep during the first night. The initial solution suggested to me was that I switch on the air conditioning fan then I wouldn't hear the background hum ??? I was then provided with ear plugs and shortly after offered a different room. As we were fully unpacked we decided to keep the original room and use the ear plugs if necessary. To their credit the hotel did provide complimentary breakfast for the final three mornings.

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My in-laws (not Trip Advisor folks) stayed at this hotel for the Thanksgiving holiday. This hotel is nowhere near Hyatt standards. Their room (#312) was not clean. The bedside table was cracked and damaged. The only place to put the coffee pot was on the counter next to the bathroom sink, leaving no room for toiletries, etc. On the third floor, there was a recent large 'stain' on the wall in front of the elevators. It had not been cleaned. The carpet was threadbare.

They won't be staying at this hotel again, and I advise you to stay clear of it.

Room Tip: I've heard they've remodeled some rooms. If they have, perhaps one of them might be accepta...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Good Afternoon KLPCLT,

Thank you for bringing your experience from the Hyatt Regency Bethesda to our attention. I am do sorry to hear about the condition of the hotel and it's guestrooms during your visit. I have forwarded your remarks to our executive management to follow up with this property and make sure we do not have any other issues with housekeeping and speak of renovations. Again, thank for bringing this information to us and if you would like to speak about this matter further, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Associate. Hope you have a great holiday.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spending time with my daughters in Bethesda. Walked past the Hyatt, ate in the restaurants there, but never actually stayed.

Excellent service, get a room upgrade...terrace with a great view!

Traveling to visit your own kids fir the holidays can have plenty of built-in disappointments, but Thu shotel was not one of them.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday with your family and at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the service and view at the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back this Thanksgiving.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed one night - Nov. 28 to Nov. 29. Room was clean. Nothing too fancy, but okay for the night. What I really liked was the online check in. We were not checking in until 8pm. It was a convience to do it on line and use the kiosk to get the room keys. No waiting in lines! Only bad note was a heavy cigarette smell by the elevators on the 3rd floor.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

No way is this a Hyatt?!!! When we arrived the valet acted surprised that we would even consider valet parking after our 12 hour drive in heavy rains... No bellman. No welcome. Then we decided on a late dinner at the grill. The waiter was friendly but kept coming back to say they were out of everything we wanted!!
The decor is a wreck table side lighting hanging dangerously off the walls.... Hyatt should be ashamed of this hotel!!!! We won't be back!

• Stayed November 2013
Greetings Melissa R,

Thank you for going out of you way to provide your feedback on your past stay at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda! Our sincerest apologies for the many challenges you encountered upon your arrival of this location and we will definitely be forwarding your comments to our executive management so we can ensure this never happens to any future guests. If you would like to speak about this matter further, we are more than happy to speak with you. Please contact our Guest Relations department. Hope we can welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Bethesda for 5 days earlier this month. The room was clean and the bathroom was well stocked with towels and wash cloths every day. The room service attendants were also very nice. The best part was the location of the Metro. I loved that I could walk out the door and enter the Metro.

That said, the walls of the room as super thin. I could hear the people in the rooms next to me talking. My room was on the third level and I was able to hear the noise from the lobby level, as well as firetruck and police sirens, which seemed to go off on the street quite often. I had a hard time sleeping because I need complete silence. If you're like that as well, then I would recommend bringing ear plugs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

It has sort of become a tradition for us to stay at a Hyatt during a long-distance move, the night before we move into a new apartment.
We have had such a great experience at the Hyatt in downtown Boston that we didn't even look at other hotels in downtown Bethesda.
However, this hotel does NOT meet the Hyatt standard.
Not only are the rooms outdated, the amenities do NOT feel 4-star (see below: i.e. no safe in the rooms!).
I cannot speak for the day staff, however, the night staff is HORRIBLE.
They have a horrible attitude and are the furthest thing from welcoming!

Pro (yes, singular):
- Room service from the Daily Grill. The gentleman who brought our room service was very nice, and a welcoming change from the rest of the staff we encountered!

Cons:
- No safe in the room
- No mini fridge in the room
- No real comforter: a super thin "down" comforter that is barely there and that is not enough to feel warm
- Rude front desk staff at night: horrible attitude and manners
- It took more than half an hour to get a pair of slippers, and got attitude from the guy at the front desk when I called to see why the slippers were not delivered yet
- Very noisy hotel: noise echoes from the lobby, since the rooms are around the interior balcony around the lobby
- The parking garage is a separately managed garage - it is not the hotel's garage AND there is not direct access from the garage to the hotel. One must take an elevator from the garage and go out to the street and then walk over to the hotel.
- We were not greeted by anyone when we pulled up to the hotel. We were stuck behind a car that pulled up and blocked the driveway in front of us. We had no idea where the parking was and no one came to help us for a long time. It was not a welcoming experience.

BOTTOM LINE: It shocks and appalls me that this is a four star hotel, and that the Hyatt chain blemishes its name with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!