“A++ staff and a B-/C hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“A++ staff and a B-/C hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I echoed the other traveler's review (A+ staff and a B- hotel).
First of all, I would like to thank Konstancja K (the front desk manager) and Andy (the agent in training) for their assistance and addressing the problems in a timely manner during my stay. It is not their fault that the rooms and the in-room internet are so outdated. They tried their best by transferring me to another room. The new room is much cleaner with functioning pluming. However, the in-room internet simply was TERRIBLE--both wireless and hard wire. Forget about tapping into the VPN for work if you do choose to stay here. According to the staff, they are planning on remodeling and fix the internet issue by the end of the year. I sure hope they hire the right people to fix this internet mess.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I really like this hotel. Very nicely located on the top of the metro station. The staff were all around outstanding. I was there on a business trip and was impressed with the service, quality of the room, the restaurant, and the nice, well equipped meetings rooms. I will recommend this hotel to all my business associates.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Qamar1,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bethesda. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay as our guest. I am delighted to hear how you were able to navigate the local area easily with our hotel directly above the metro. It will be my pleasure to welcome you as our guest, on your return visit to Bethesda.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel while in town for a concert. The concert was in silver spring but with the metro right outside the front door, getting there was no problem. However, parking became a bit of a problem when we decided to go out after the concert.

The parking attendant was asleep when we pulled up to exit and not even the horn woke him up. We had to knock on his hut with true effort to wake him. In a daze he tried to quickly put together that he had just waken up and that we had now been waiting done time to leave. In the confusion he had our pricing wrong and we were eventually forced to repark, go back up to the lobby, and sort it out at the front desk. Antoine at the front desk was truly costumer service oriented and a great, comforting help through an otherwise frustrating situation. He sorted out the problem in no time and he explained what had been miscommunicated to us originally.

All in all evening was clean, quiet, and mostly friendly. Glad we were able to stay and may stay again for future events.

• Stayed October 2013
Hi austin h,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I am glad our location worked well for you to see the concert in Silver Springs. Antoine will be recognized for the wonderful customer service he provided. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back, as our guest, on your next visit to Bethesda.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Great location but very disappointing accommodations. Hotel is outdated, furnishings are old and worn. Bathrooms need updating. Towels are rough and scratchy. There aren't any outlets to charge devices. Not what I expected from a Hyatt Regency !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Greetings Moskier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda. Thank you for being the outdated comments to us, we appreciate all feedback good or bad. We will be following up with our housekeeping management and hotel management to look into this matter. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations department for any assistance on this past stay. We hope this does not deter you from returning to the Hyatt Regency Bethesda in the future.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relation Associate
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda. The hotel is very nice, and there are plenty of necessities in the vicinity. We had a bit of trouble with the parking attendant, but the night audit Antwan (not sure of the spelling) was very helpful and was able to get our issue sorted out in a timely, professional manner. I was very impressed with his customer service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel did a great job throughout my three night stay. They were friendly and helpful from check in to check out. The hotel itself is out of date and a bit stuffy. It is one of those large "open concept" hotels from the 80's or 90's where you can see all of the room doors from inside the hotel. I was at the hotel for a conference and it wasn't really as bad as some of the reviews indicated; I really didn't mind it overall, and I'm on the picky side, but it wasn't a great hotel either. The walls are paper thin (I could hear my neighbors) yet the bathrooms have steel doors. Not sure why. In my room the pipes under the sink were exposed and it was kind of gross that for some reason the pipes had old foam covering all over. The flooring was a bit frayed as well and the draperies were plaid, so not a lot of style. The food was a bit old-fashioned as well without a lot of healthy options (except for one of the breakfasts that included yogurt and oatmeal, but the day before it was all sausage and some kind of breakfast cake in a tray). One major advantage of this hotel is the location literally above the subway stop, but even here it was confusing. When you leave the escalator (from the subway), there is no signage indicating that all you need to do is take an elevator directly to the hotel. You will figure this out on day 2, since no one (other than me) will tell you about this time-saver). When I was there it rained every single day, so this kind of access was really nice. It was also disappointing that the entry way to the subway was leaking every time it rained, but this is not the fault of the hotel. So, I know this doesn't sound great, but if you have to use this hotel for a conference or a few nights, it really isn't that bad. The staff really need to be commended for keeping things going with friendly and prompt service. I'm sure that Hyatt is not investing too much in paying their staff but they really should. Everyone I ran into was great, friendly, and genuinely concerned about my stay. If I were making decisions at Hyatt I would give everyone a raise and start planning a next phase remodeling strategy.

Room Tip: When leaving the subway, look to your left and find the elevator that goes directly to the lobby; it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel, during the stay, was more than I could have ever hoped it to be for the decent price per night. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a concert which was held at RFK Stadium. The rooms were clean and very nice, plenty of towels and a full bathroom with a spacious shower were nice to have after a big paint rave party.

I paid $20 for valet parking, and that was so convenient, as we took the metro everywhere. I also locked my keys in my car, and the valet staff were AMAZING with helping me calm down and fix the problem.

The front desk staff were also nice and knowledgable about the area. After the concert, we were starving, but too tired to go anywhere and eat. The front desk gave us some menus for nearby
pizza places and they even recommended one place, which had amazing food!

Our stay itself was amazing, but if you happen to leave something in your hotel room after you check out, you will never see that item again.

I left my cosmetic bag, with about $250 worth of makeup, on the bathroom counter. I called about an hour later, and nobody found it. Which was weird, because housekeeping was just a few rooms down from ours when we left. Over the past few weeks, I've been arguing with management about how I believe someone had taken my stuff for their own (I mean, come on, what female wouldn't want those cosmetics?) and they told me "if the value is less than $1000, we won't reimburse you because of the insurance deductible"...wow. So not only could the housekeeping manager not control his housekeepers, but when they DO steal stuff, it's irreplaceable.

I finally asked for a free night or some other type of reimbursement. The best the guy could do for me is a "discounted price". What a joke.

The hotel itself is a very nice, convenient hotel. I would stay here again, this time remembering to never let housekeeping in my room until I'm 100% packed and gone.

• Stayed September 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Greetings,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the amenities of the room, the conveniences of valet services and recommendations and services from our hotel staff. Hope you enjoyed your concert!

Feel free to speak with one of Guest Services team members regarding your concern with your cosmetic bag at 1-800-323-7249.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Julie B--Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!