“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Bethesda
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My room was beautiful and spacious. Very clean each day. Only problem I had was the temperature in my room. I could never get it cool enough. Maintenance tried it just wouldn't cool down. Hotel is close to amazing restaurants and shopping. The Daily Grill in the hotel is also fantastic. Ask for Veronica, she is AMAZING! Happy hour is really fun and the food is great. Hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Mona60,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your getaway to our hotel. Our location is one of the best in the area. The local shops and restaurants are just steps from our doors. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

But maybe it's me when I stay at a Hyatt I kind of expect to be "wowed". At least a little! Now mind you I've only stayed at two Hyatt Regency hotels before this one-The Hyatt Regency Sacramento and the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. Both had a wow factor when you entered the lobby and the rooms. This one screamed "Okay, nice architecture" and the room was like "It's clean and serviceable, it'll do". Maybe because I don't spend 300 nights of the year in hotels as part of my work so when I do go somewhere I want to say "Hey, this is REALLY nice!" As I said the hotel was okay and the front desk staff are really nice and very helpful. Try as I might I always forget people's names so I can't mention the specific people I dealt with. My King bed room was roomy and I was very pleased with the size of the bathroom. Usually the bathrooms in a lot of hotels are kind of small but this one was very roomy. The bed was also very comfortable but still suffers from that "motion transfer" issue I hate when sleeping with another person. Better known as the "I can feel it every time you move" syndrome. The location is very good but be warned you have to pay for parking even if you are parking it yourself. When I was there it was $15 per day for self parking and $20 to valet. There's also some type of pay difference between "in and out" and "park and stay" but I don't remember what it is because I've never been on a vacation where I had a car and didn't move it or use it for daily or even multiple times during the day/night.
They have 2 restaurants, Morton's Steak House and the Daily Grill. I ate at the Daily Grill (which also provides room service). The food was tasty but service is slooow. I had breakfast Saturday morning and there were several large tables of people already there but I waited at least 8 minutes at the desk waiting for someone to acknowledge my presence and seat us. Fortunately I wasn't starving or my grumpier nature would have taken over and I would have left. After we were seated as usual the waitress came 5 minutes later and asked us for our drink order. I just asked for coffee and my husband wanted tea. That took another 10 minutes! When she came with our beverages we decided to give her our order in case we never saw her again. Once we got our order (omelet and a continental breakfast plus yogurt and berries) 20 minutes later we had been there from start to finish a total of 43 minutes before we got food. As I said once we got our food it was delicious but unless there is only one person back in the kitchen with one arm and one leg, it really seemed to last forever!
My other pet peeve was the wi-fi which seemed to be slow in the evening and faster in the morning-maybe more people were on it in the evening not sure but if you are charging $12 for "premium" service i.e. faster than basic but they don't tell you the speed but since it's double the price I want double the speed!
After an evening out on our return to the hotel I wanted a cup of coffee so I stopped at the Daily Grill for a to-go cup of coffee-how long do you think that took? Yep, another 10 minutes to pour hot brown liquid into a cup. A lady next to me was going to order but asked me how long I was waiting for coffee and when I told her she decided to bolt since she had a show to catch. Later on that evening I decided to push my luck and call them for a piece of cake but this time I didn't time them but it sure felt like they came back quicker with the cake than any of my prior orders!

Room Tip: Hard to say because all the doors open onto a "balcony" where the whole middle section of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, bed super comphy...didn't notice anything to irk me......cleaning crew was awesome....my paper was at my door every morning.....various restaurants near....subway nearby....you do have to pay for parking...self parking at the hotel, 12.00 a day....there is an elevator which takes you to the outside of the hotel, just walk around to the front to enter the hotel. I would have given this review four stars if I didn't have to walk around...lazy me *shrugs*

Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Hyatt before and I have concluded that this hotel needs to have a complete renovation. I have discovered that the air conditioning system is not cleaned very often as i arrived home with a sinus infection. The whole hotel has a severe mold problem and the interior finishes are old, warn and tired. The hotel needs a serious face lift.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating, but that does not make up for the sad condition the hotel is in.

Room Tip: During my recent stay my room was on the 11th floor. The room was quiet but as many other rooms, the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Opusone1,

I would like to thank you for going out of your way to provide comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I am disappointed to learn your stays have yet to meet your expectations. Our hotel offers a Respire by Hyatt room for guests with sensitive allergies. This includes re-certification of the rooms every six months to maintain the high standards of the Hyatt Pure room. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back. If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to contact me.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
SoCal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have previously stayed in the Hyatt Regency Bethesda many times over a 30 year period and always appreciated the professionalism with which the place was run, so when I arrived recently on a Wednesday evening around 10pm I was taken taken aback at the changes. Starting with the Lobby, the registration desk has been pushed off to one small corner of the lobby, and for some reason the middle section has been draped with black velvet curtains that look like they came from the Casbah. Arriving late as I did I just wanted to check in and get up to my room, but the clerk was more interested in engaging me in small talk than in processing my registration. When I was finally able to break free from the chit chat I encountered the next problem. The elevators were not working properly. At least one was either stuck or being held on an upper floor, so I found the stairs and lugged my luggage up several floors. Granted I may need exercise, but at 65 and tired from a long coast to coast flight, climbing several flights of stairs with a packed suitcase and a briefcase wasn't what I had in mind. In the morning I had an early conference call, so I hung the do not disturb sign and dialed in. A few minutes into the call I had a loud knock and heard "HOUSEKEEPING". Lucky I was dressed because the maid didn't wait for an answer before she barged in. Enough was enough. I was never happier to check out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked through Expedia and got what they call a "Summer Special" rate for the weekend. The rate goes up for week days. The room was clean; towels changed every day; personal care products replenished. They did all the basic things you'd expect any good hotel to do. Very convenient to the Metro. The two cons were: they charge $12+/ day for parking and free wifi only available in the lobby.
Overall, Hyatt did a good job and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm afraid that the Hyatt Bethesda really is in need of updating.The rooms have no safe deposit boxes. The wi-fi needs to be paid for in-room and is unreliable (Most hotels nowadays give complimentary wi-fi). The service is literally non-existent except in the restaurants which are any way franchises. It seems like a self-service hotel. It has a noisy lobby with people going in and out to the Metro. Check-in and check-out involves someone getting the bags and then handing them to someone else for loading into a taxi or taking up to the room - I think this is just a way to get tips out to as many of their staff as possible. It is just inefficient and silly.
I've stayed here several years before, and then they did have better wi-fi and a safe deposit box, and there was some semblance of service. I think it's moved downhill from there.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Management team so that these issues can be addressed and future guests do not experience the same challenges. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the excellent customer service which is indicative of Hyatt.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!