After dealing w Guestek all morning, I'm still getting less than 2mbps speed. Never mind that Internet cost $10 a day. As a platinum member I was checked in and placed on the 11th floor (1123) and given access to the elite lounge since supposedly there were no upgrades - I've yet to be upgraded as a platinum member so no surprise there. After trying to access the lounge down the hall, my keys didn't work so I had to back downstairs and get the access loaded to my cards, as t seemed the girl at check in failed to do it. Hayford, a gentleman that helped later was the ONLY bright spot of this place. Rooms are very outdated, and noisy as you hear everything in the atrium in your room. I also had to call down and get a newspaper delivered to my room, another perk I'm suppose to receive for being platinum although clearly other gold passport members had received theirs.
Once I finally made it to the elite lounge I was greeted by nothing more than a small room w a Keurig, couple of coffee choices, out of sugar packets, more than one opened milk cartons in the fridge that offered a few Pepsi's and a couple of juices, nothing to snack on except a bowl of apples in which one was rotten (I swear to you - ROTTEN), no TV's, nowhere to sit except at the two computer stations.
Don't even think about eating at Morton's Steak House inside the hotel. The guy next to us ordered a shimp cocktail off the bar bites menu and was served a bowl of crushed ice and ONE shrimp on it. We all laughed and asked if it was a joke. I guess the bartender felt bad and brought him one more for good measure. My steak, salad, and 1 side w 2 beers cost me over $100. Can we say blown per diem!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel
- Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 12-story atrium welcomes guests to 390 luxurious guestrooms and suites, located directly above the Metro Red Line's Bethesda stop, just 6 miles from the White House. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Bethesda is well known as a lively chic destination with over 200 ethnic restaurants, boutiques, local art galleries and trendy hot spots, all within walking distance of the hotel. Bethesda is also home to many associations and corporations, such as The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is also nearby Suburban Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Chevy Chase Bank Headquarters, and Clark Construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.