A colleague and I selected this hotel for a one-night stay based primarily on its location in Bethesda, close to our business meeting. This was my first stay and I really liked this property and would recommend it for either business or pleasure. As many have noted, it is literally next door to the Bethesda Metro Station so it is extremely convenient for getting into DC. Likewise, it is obviously convenient for the many corporate and professional locations in the Bethesda and Chevy Chase area. The hotel is big and busy (arranged around a large interior atrium) but the service was prompt and professional.
The rooms are somewhat dated but clean and comfortable -- very good water pressure and I noticed no street noise although the hotel fronts on busy Wisconsin Ave. Likewise, the HVAC unit was relatively quiet and did not wake me while cycling off/on during the night. Many restaurants of all kinds are around the hotel for all tastes and budgets. There is a Morton's on site if you just want a reliable/traditional steak house and don't wish to leave the property.
I walked to a nearby French cafe, Le Madeleine, for a breakfast croissant and coffee, so cannot comment on the breakfast quality or prices at the Hyatt.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel
- Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 12-story atrium welcomes guests to 390 luxurious guestrooms and suites, located directly above the Metro Red Line's Bethesda stop, just 6 miles from the White House. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Bethesda is well known as a lively chic destination with over 200 ethnic restaurants, boutiques, local art galleries and trendy hot spots, all within walking distance of the hotel. Bethesda is also home to many associations and corporations, such as The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is also nearby Suburban Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Chevy Chase Bank Headquarters, and Clark Construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.