My family usually stays in Arlington Va, but wanted to try another location wilst in DC. We attempted to check in, but the hotel did not have our reservations. They DID allow us to use their office to contact expedia,com to see what happened. Long story short,...it was some type of misunderstanding with the reservation on the hotels behalf. (strike one) The hotel desk worker didnt offer any type of discount or breakfast comp, so my husband asked!! She agree'd . The next morning they charged our room for the breakfast and 25 dollars for parking (strike 2), which the front desk worker agree'd on 12 dollars the day before. When my husband went the to question the front desk worker, he was clearly agitated and rude. slamming the receipt and being very disagreeable, making it seemed as if we were trying to get over on them. At the same time the front desk worker was having serious conflict with another hotel guest and directed security to "GET RID OF HIM!" which we found VERY rude to treat another hotel guest like that. (strike 3)We were appauled!!!
On to the rooms: they were hot and stuffy. very small rooms for such a big hotel. 4 people in our room (2 which are kids) felt cramped.
The only thing that saved this hotel was the pool and hot tub on the top floor. The weight room was nicely done!!!
I don't see my family staying at the Hyatt every again. The Embassy Suites is a MUCH better hotel for the money and you get FREE FULL breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 12-story atrium welcomes guests to 390 luxurious guestrooms and suites, located directly above the Metro Red Line's Bethesda stop, just 6 miles from the White House. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Bethesda is well known as a lively chic destination with over 200 ethnic restaurants, boutiques, local art galleries and trendy hot spots, all within walking distance of the hotel. Bethesda is also home to many associations and corporations, such as The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is also nearby Suburban Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Chevy Chase Bank Headquarters, and Clark Construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.