I have stayed at this hotel four or five times now. This recent visit was the first time I was back in about a year and a half.
The staff continues to be very friendly and helpful. There are two decent restaurants in the hotel, Morton’s Steakhouse and The Daily Grill. There are other good restaurants just a short walk from the hotel. The hotel is directly above the Bethesda Metro stop (Red Line), which is very convenient.
The Not So Good
The rooms are starting to look worn out. You know how white linens and towels get gray when they get old, well that is what was in the room. The carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned and it needed to be vacuumed. The grout in the bathroom floor and shower was in desperate need of a scrubbing. There was a red velvet chair in the room that had hair stuck all over it. It wasn’t a dump, but it was in need of upkeep.
The wireless internet access was sketchy at best. It didn’t work at all my first night there. After that it was hit and miss. I had to use my own WiFi card several times to get online.
Since I am a Gold Passport Platinum member, I was supposed to get a Wall Street Journal each morning, but I never got one. With Platinum status I am also eligible to get an upgrade to a preferred room. Rather than being given an upgrade, I was offered one for $15/night.
Parking is a bit strange here. The garage is directly under the hotel. Parking cost $12 per day…unless if you want to actually use your car. If you want in and out privileges with the car, then parking is $20 per day. I found it odd that they charge you 66% more to use your car. The staff at the check-in desk said if I was leaving in the morning and not coming back until the evening, I was better off just paying the daily rate of $12 each morning when I leave the lot.
Overall this stay was disappointing compared to my previous ones. It wasn’t horrible, but it was average at best.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 12-story atrium welcomes guests to 390 luxurious guestrooms and suites, located directly above the Metro Red Line's Bethesda stop, just 6 miles from the White House. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Bethesda is well known as a lively chic destination with over 200 ethnic restaurants, boutiques, local art galleries and trendy hot spots, all within walking distance of the hotel. Bethesda is also home to many associations and corporations, such as The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is also nearby Suburban Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Chevy Chase Bank Headquarters, and Clark Construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.