I stayed in this hotel from 10-26-2012 to 10-28-2012 in deluxe room. Firstly I feel hotel was prized at very high rate against the amenities in the room. There were no Microwave, Fridge or safe in the hotel deluxe room. I don't remember exactly but I guess there is no free breakfast as well!!!
At the arrival we were asked to pay additional $15/night parking charge in hotel's basement parking. upon asking for explanation I was told that it is public parking and is shared by metro train parking as well, then receptionist (both of them) mockingly told me that there are free parking places 2 blocks from hotel. I mean if I pay more then $100/night for a room I expect at least a free parking or some good behavior.
Also I learned that hotel has no Jacuzzi and pool area is closed after 10:00 PM. I booked this reservation from hyatt.com and no such information regarding additional charge for parking/pool timings provided on reservation website.
I visited Washington DC first time and when I asked for some good visiting places the lady at reception was blunt and was not helpful at-all. Comm'on, Washington dc is merely 15 min drive and they do not care to tell tourist what all good places/monuments to visit, anyways I had my good homework on that so I do not really care if they helped me or not!!!
During our visit, there was some student conference going on and the lobby/lift and breakfast places were too over crowded.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Bethesda
- Bethesda Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 12-story atrium welcomes guests to 390 luxurious guestrooms and suites, located directly above the Metro Red Line's Bethesda stop, just 6 miles from the White House. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Bethesda is well known as a lively chic destination with over 200 ethnic restaurants, boutiques, local art galleries and trendy hot spots, all within walking distance of the hotel. Bethesda is also home to many associations and corporations, such as The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center. Hyatt Regency Bethesda is also nearby Suburban Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Chevy Chase Bank Headquarters, and Clark Construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.