“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 10-26-2012 to 10-28-2012 in deluxe room. Firstly I feel hotel was prized at very high rate against the amenities in the room. There were no Microwave, Fridge or safe in the hotel deluxe room. I don't remember exactly but I guess there is no free breakfast as well!!!

At the arrival we were asked to pay additional $15/night parking charge in hotel's basement parking. upon asking for explanation I was told that it is public parking and is shared by metro train parking as well, then receptionist (both of them) mockingly told me that there are free parking places 2 blocks from hotel. I mean if I pay more then $100/night for a room I expect at least a free parking or some good behavior.

Also I learned that hotel has no Jacuzzi and pool area is closed after 10:00 PM. I booked this reservation from hyatt.com and no such information regarding additional charge for parking/pool timings provided on reservation website.

I visited Washington DC first time and when I asked for some good visiting places the lady at reception was blunt and was not helpful at-all. Comm'on, Washington dc is merely 15 min drive and they do not care to tell tourist what all good places/monuments to visit, anyways I had my good homework on that so I do not really care if they helped me or not!!!

During our visit, there was some student conference going on and the lobby/lift and breakfast places were too over crowded.

Room Tip: Book room in some other hotel!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Konstancja K, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us.
I apologize for the fact that the hotel's amenities did not meet your expectations and I wished your stay was more exceptional. As we strive to provide great customer service, I hope that you give us another chance and let us prove that our guests' satisfaction is top priority.

Best Regards,
Konstancja

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our family stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda for a wedding. The location is great, right next to the Metro. We cannot say enough about the wonderful, helpful, friendly, attentive staff - doormen, front desk, housekeeping, every employee we met. The hotel is very clean and housekeeping is quick to respond to any request. We ate a few times in the hotel restaurant and were very pleased with both the quality and various offerings on the menu. The hotel is currently a little dated and worn, but we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hyatt hotels - to me- seem to have spotty service and are really hit or miss. This one, while still really dated, was basically pretty good.

Big, nice, flat screen television
Refrigerator
Large bathroom, well lit
Nice desk space, well lit
Room lighting was good (can you tell I'm big on lighting?)
Bed was comfortable
Pillows, linens, towels all good
Extra outlets had been added via a power strip attached to the night stand. Not exactly hi tech, but functional nonetheless
Polite, helpful staff
Decent lobby convenience store
Small but efficient lobby bar
Good meeting space (was there for a meeting)
Only ate food here in the meeting space but it was surprisingly good
Was on a lower level (4th) and street noise was not too bad
Very close to Metro
Good area/neighborhood

One thing that was odd was the safety lock on the door. They had the standard deadbolt, but the 'extra lock' was the old fashioned 'slide and chain'. Kinda weird.

I'd stay there again. Not five star, but definitely a fine place to stay.

Room Tip: Some travelers have said street noise is bad. I didn't experience this and I was on the main str...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Key Biscayne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friendliness and great service hard to find combined, and I found it here. From the Bell men to the receptionist to accommodate my request. Room impeccable.
The location couldn't be better, few steps from the Bethesta Metro.
Restaurants around the area for every taste and every budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Hyatt Regency in Bethesda has several great things going for it. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was pleasant. But above all, the location was tops for Bethesda. The hotel is right next to a red line metro stop and is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater. I used to live in DC, so I know the area pretty well, and I would definitely stay here again. I can't comment on value, because it was a work sponsored trip, so I never saw the room bill. I also didn't breakfast at the hotel, so I'm not sure about the food, but there is a (pricey) steak place on the premises, so guests won't starve. The workout room was small, without much equipment, which was probably the main detractor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Positives
+ The staff was universally friendly and helpful, from the doorman to the front desk and in between
+ The food at Morton's (steakhouse in the hotel) and from room service was quite good
+ The proximity to the Bethesda Metro stop and to the National Institutes of Health make it the best-situated hotel in Bethesda

Negatives
- Slightly scruffy room: chipped / gouged nightstand, stain on comforter, baggage skidmarks on one wall, one half of windo drape set didn't work
- High-priced, under-powered WiFi. The provider cut off my access, saying I was doing a "massive download that had made the hotel's system unstable." In reality, I was just reading my email

Bottom Line
-I'll probably stay there again due to its proximity to NIH, but I won't be doing cartwheels about the prospect.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Have stayed here many times. The rooms are comfortable and good sized. Having Morton's and the daily grill for restaurants is an advantage, but a bit pricy. Many other good places to eat nearby. Service has always been pleasant. Location is very convenient to the Metro and to nearby Bethesda restaurants. the large atrium does increase ambient noise somewhat but it has never been a big problem. Rooms are a bit dated and starting to feel slightly run down.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main street will be quieter. Rooms not directly on the atrium will be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!