“wonderful hotel, but families of 4, please read this!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“wonderful hotel, but families of 4, please read this!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Hyatt in Bethesda was a beautiful hotel with wonderful staff. From the quick check in (used the computer at the front desk) to the concierge (clearly a Bethesda native!) to the easy check out, it couldn't have been better.

The hotel is right at the Metro station, so easy access. Parking was $10 ($15 if you wanted in & out privledges).

There was only 1 downfall for this hotel - the size of the double beds. They were more of a bed & a half, NOT A DOUBLE! There is no way that 2 adults would fit comfortably in these beds. The desk was able to move our room to 2 double beds w/ a pull out sofa couch, at no additional cost. This helped a little, because we have 2 tweens - but had we had 4 adults, we still would have been in trouble!! I would guess this is their way of making you book 2 rooms for 4 adults, but families with older children will run into a problem.

Also, we thought we got a decent price through the direct hotel website, but talked to a couple at the pool that booked through hotwire & got it for $30 less than we did!

Room Tip: book through hotwire!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Southwest, va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here 2 nights for business in Bethesda. First the service people were very nice. From the front desk person, coffee attendant and door men. All very friendly and helpful. Other than that this hotel really needs an update. My room was just up from the lobby and was pretty noisy. They upgraded my room to a larger business suite. However the room was VERY dated. Old tube TV. Dated linens. Furniture had seen better days. Needs a good overhaul to really cater to the business traveler. Also, the internet was TERRIBLE and very slow. I would not make the choice to book here again, if it were up to me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Great crabcakes in the restaurant and excellent cappuccino. The concierge desk was very helpful especially Jack who got us sorted for a quick ride to the airport.
However the air conditioning in the room was extremely noisy and during the night, each time it clunked on I thought it was the alarm on the radio, so I am feeling a bit sleep challenged.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I needed a quick hotel room due to a winter storm and power outages in our area. We booked the Hyatt as it was close to our home incase we needed to go back for anything (or to check the status of the outage). The hotel itself is large and open - there is a Morton's and Daily Grill on the premisses for those who just want to stay in. Upon checking in, we went to our room and I just thought it was not clean at all. The floors looked like they hadn't been vaccuumed in weeks - I mean there was a lot of visible dust and debris on the floor - to the point where I did not want walk around even in my socks. The bathroom was stained, old and a little outdated, but since we paid a very low price and were only staying there for one night, we decided that it was okay. (Our sheets appeared to be changed and clean!) Unfortunately, because of the level of cleanliness, I would not go back. The location of the hotel is very convenient for anyone who wants to stay in the Bethesda area - there are many restaurants, shops and movie theatre within walking distance. The metro is also right outside the door of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was perfect for a business meeting. It is convenient to the metro stop and lots of restaurants and shops. I was there for a conference in the Crystal Ballroom and the food was incredible. Best hotel conference food I've had by far. It was even presented beautifully on plates. The food staff was friendly. The space was very pretty as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Pemberville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel as home base during a family visit to DC. The location to the Metro rail was really nice. The hotel staff were so friendly, helpful with suggestions, assistance at check-in/out, carrying luggage....very great experience with the staff. The rooms were average - very clean and well appointed as you would expect with Hyatt. They were nothing special, though. No extra nice touches or significant room upgrades that I could see. The area is ok - but you need a car or other transport to see any local sights or go to dining, etc. in Bethesda. I know all hotels in DC come at a higher price, but this one just seemed too pricey for what it was. That aside, I would stay again if it worked out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed with my 2 kids and husband in late June just as a getaway. I got to express that this is one of the strangest hotels I've ever stayed at.

We were greeted many times throughout the hotel, but never offered any help with small things like luggage or when a service person was heading down the elevator they did not wait for us.
Every question was answered but it seemed as though every time I asked the concierge a question (Kate), she was socking it right back to me and asking me in reverse! Such as, "what is the internet password for today?" and she'd say, "didn't I see you yesterday? I thought you knew that it changes everday" I actually felt SORRY to ask a question. She is VERY egotistical.

Parking is a nightmare with the customer service. I was told by the front office manager that they are a separate company and that they had no control over them. The price isn't too bad at $10 a day, but the service was atrocious.

I wish I could say we had a better time. I'm a Platinum member in their 3 tier program and enjoy staying at other Hyatts. I can't say I will return to this odd one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
nicholas_koonz, Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a valued Platinum Gold Passport member with Hyatt we appreciate the feedback and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly. If you could please contact the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott
Bethesda Marriott
#8 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 341 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!