“Coming back soon for a girls weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Roof Top Poolside Package
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Severna Park, Maryland
“Coming back soon for a girls weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

“Great place”- stayed there with my husband for his company’s retreat and we got the royal treatment. Staff was outstanding, the cookies were fattening but too good to avoid. So much to do in the area.. I am coming back with just the girls for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Coupled with our recent remodel and great staff we are fortunate to also be in such a great location with over 100 shops, restaurants and entertainment venues in walking distance. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return visit with your guests so we can the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I am 2 nights into a 5 night business stay but I will be shortly investigating a shift to another hotel from myself and staff for the remainder of our stay.

The Bad;
1. Construction/ renovations are currently underway between 09:00 and 15:30. I am using this hotel as a base for meetings and short of yelling to each other I was unable to verbally communicate with someone at my restaurant table at 09:30 this morning. Construction/ jack hammering noise and vibration is also quite in the rooms.

2. As I type I can see several large items of food left sitting under the in room AC unit by a previous guest.

3. I have encountered 3 vending floor vending machines that do not work and at least one (mine) that does not have one at all.

The Good;
1. Service staff encountered are friendly.

2. Hotel is well positioned to local restaurants and the Metro.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I regret the experience you recently had at our hotel and wish to apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the final weeks of our hotel upgrades and although our attempt at scheduling the work during a time when most guests are away from the property, we failed to protect you and your guests. I wish to invite you back to see the New Doubletree By Hilton, as we wrap up our enhancements by February 22nd. Please contact my office directly for an update on all our improvements, should your travels bring you back to the area in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree with my wife as part of a weekend getaway. I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great rate, so I am not terribly upset that the hotel didn't thrill me. We arrived at the hotel late at night, about 10 o'clock and found that the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations. There was no valet at the valet booth and we had to go inside the lobby to find out where to park. After parking in a lot across the street, we checked in and received our free cookies. The room was decent, but nothing special. It was dated and the furniture was too big for the room. However, the room had a nice layout, with the bathroom and closet area in a hallway separate from the sleeping area. The location of the hotel is alright. There are several restaurants right around the hotel, but it isn't in the middle of downtown Bethesda.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for your patronage and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return visit as we wrap up our enhancements. Soon all our guests will enjoy new bathrooms, new dressers with new 42" flat panel televisions in every room, as well as a new more comfortable sitting area in our lobby. We hope your travels bring you back to the area to enjoy the new Doubletree and the area's 100+ restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

I usually stay in Doubletrees when traveling for business and love the beds and the cookies. So when my husband and I decided last minute to "get away" for a night, we chose the Doubletree in Bethesda - close to home, and we were looking forward to the awesome beds. Unfortunately, I booked the hotel without knowing it was undergoing renovation. Not a really big deal, but the parking was a little confusing, and we ended up parking in a public lot across the street. I'm also surprised I didn't see any notice of the renovations on the Doubletree website... there was no indication that we would expect this. Our welcome cookies were old and burned (HUGE disappointment!) and the bed felt lumpy... completely unlike other Doubletree Hotel beds (another huge disappointment). And... the down comforter was NOT in a duvet case - it was in between two sheets!!! In my opinion, this is really disgusting. I would have said something had I noticed sooner.

So, yeah... I'm sure this hotel is still nice in comparison to others, but by Doubletree standards, I would say this is currently on the low end. I will say the renovations are starting to look really nice, and I hope it will be a nice hotel someday soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Although the parking garage was under renovations, our 24hr valet service is always available to assist with your parking needs to save time and hassel of using other parking options. We do value client feedback and take these comments seriously, as they are not the norm for our hotel. I am committed to reversing your impressions and would like to invite you back as my guest upon your next opportunity for a getaway. Please contact my office directly to make your reservations at your convenience to we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and regain your trust in our Doubletree.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

This hotel is too far away from anything going on in Bethesda. When checking in, I had to go inside to get a valet as this was the only option, no one came out to get my keys and give me a ticket. The first room I got at 75 the air conditioner was on and at 80 the heat felt like 95. I asked for someone to check it but since no one did, I switched rooms. The manager was nice enough to give me options and make sure the heat worked in the room I chose. When I went down to breakfast in the morning, there was only one other family there. Yet the man tried to seat me at the only table for 2 which was right up against a huge column. I chose to pick my own table. I don't normally travel by myself but I was bringing my daughter home for Chirstmas break from college. But next time I'll definitely return to the Embassy Suites in Chevy Chase, a much nicer hotel where you could actually go out by yourself and feel safe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. Understanding the cold weather may be restrictive to strolls in our area, we are fortunate to be in a very safe neighborhood adjacent to the woodmont triangle which boasts over 100 restaurants, shops and entertainment venues throughout an 8-block stretch. Should your travels warrant use of the Metro into DC, one of the two stations a few blocks away, can be reached by the complimentary neighborhood circulator which stops behind our building every 10-12 minutes, which is also supported by the hotel's own free shuttle. Please contact my office directly, should your travels bring you back to our area, so I can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and so you can truly enjoy the many attractions Bethesda has to offer . Thank you once again for your patronage and taking the time give us your feedback.
North Shore, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Bethesda for a few nights while on a business trip. It is an older, multi-story hotel located on busy Wisconsin Avenue. The Bethesda Metro stop (red line) is an easy, less than 10-minute walk away. The hotel runs a shuttle to that Metro stop as well as to the Medical Center stop; the stops at both the hotel and Bethesda are undercover (don't know about Medical Center), which is very convenient in bad weather. From the Bethesda stop, it’s about 20 minutes into Washington, so the location, while not the best for Washington sight-seeing, can work (though not the purpose of my visit). Many restaurants, covering a wide range of cuisines and price-points, are located nearby, as is a CVS Pharmacy. The hotel staff were polite and friendly. I looked forward to a pleasant greeting from transportation/bellmen staff every time I entered the hotel and commend one of them for sprinting to stop the just-departed shuttle for me!

My room was clean and of good size with a king bed, flat screen TV, desk, and easy chair. I usually look forward to a great night’s sleep on Hilton beds, but this one was lumpy and saggy; I did not sleep well. The other furniture was quite worn-looking as well. Although there was an individual air-con/heat control, I found it difficult to regulate it to a comfortable temperature. My room had a connecting door with two locks, one of which didn’t work. Some positives: I heard no noise from the hallway and only an occasional muffled siren from the exterior (and my room faced Wisconsin Ave.). The bathroom plumbing all functioned fine and included a shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

In sum, this was not my favorite hotel, but it is a mostly functional place with a friendly staff and a good location near the DC Metro. Had I had a newer mattress and more restful sleep, I no doubt would be more enthusiastic in my review.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback regarding your recent stay. Your comments are extremely helpful, as it allows us to focus on specific areas needing improvement. Our bedding package was replaced approximatley 3 years ago throughout the entire hotel and comments have been very favorable to the comfort of the mattress. We will however address the matter and replace this item as necessary. Thank you again for your time in writing us about your experience.
Sharpsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We stayed in this hotel with our 5 month old daughter, we had a connecting room to our in-laws room. My brother in-law chose this hotel for wedding guest to stay at. There were many family members and friends staying at the hotel. It was very clean, Had an amazing view! The best thing is that it was close to the Wedding Venue and was walking distance to the restaurant where the rehersal dinner was. The Valet parking was nice as well.
Oh and the Beds Amazingly comfortable. The best I have slept in a long time

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are fortunate to have a great recently remodeled hotel in a fantastic location, just a short walk to many attractions and businesses. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, as your patronage is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your future return visits, so we can continue to exceed your expectations.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!