“Convenient and Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Centennial, Colorado
“Convenient and Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Had to go to Washington DC for a funeral. We wanted to stay in Bethesda, but not at the Hyatt. My husband had been back two weeks before and stayed at the Hyatt and it was terrible. Got a good package deal for air,hotel and car. Room was adequate, not huge, but big enough for the two of us. They do have connecting rooms if you need them. The staff was fantastic! We did not eat in the restaurant, but had room service one day for breakfast and it was good. The only complaint was that the bathroom was very small. You could not open the door all the way or it would hit into the curved shower rod. Also, while there were balconies, there was no way to access them.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
DTcookie, general Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for your valuable time and detailed feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated and present an opportunity for us to build on our service levels, as we strive for continious improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hellertown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

Folks - I'm not gonna lie - I'm a hotel snob. I'm in the industry (have been for over 14 years) and I am a picky hotel guest. The way my family and I ended up at the Doubletree Bethesday was unexpected. While driving from Pennsylvania to Orlando, FL for our Holiday vacation, we were hit a severe storm when driving through Maryland. I panicked, as I've driven through some pretty bad situations, but this storm was terrifying. I searched for nearby hotels on my GPS and found the Doubletree Bethesda. After some scary driving off the exit, getting to the hotel felt like relief. The Valet Parking attendant was right there to welcome us, and the front desk agent was cordial and helpful. She checked us into room 505, for what we thought would be one night. Unfortunately the storm got worse, and one night has turned into two. However, the room is very comfortable, even has an air purifier which helps with my allergies. Room service was quick and great - pricy - but well worth it. In general, no one likes to be stranded by a storm, but if I had to be stranded again, this is the definitely the hotel I would want to stay at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
New Haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

First room had paper thin walls and needed to move. Second room was perfectly fine with free internet, clean, and quite fine. Then came a trip to the restaurant OZ. Staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Our waiter was perhaps the worst I have ever had due to his poor attitude. Should be fired immediately! In the end I spoke with the restaurant manager to obtain my food and although he finished my order fine, he seemed unconcerned about his incompetent employee. Food was hit and miss by dish. Overall people are not service oriented and unhelpful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you for the candid feedback from your experience at our hotel and restaurant. We use all feedback as a training tool to assist us in focusing on improving and also for recognizing outstanding service. We strive to deliver good food, attractively presented, great wine selections and professional service to every guest that comes into our establishment, and your experience in our restaurant was out of the ordinary and regrettable. We will use your comments to highlight our goal of warm hospitality and I want to invite you back to experience our improvements first hand as my guest. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so i can personally take care of your needs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I live nearby but have friends who stay in the hotel during conferences. I've met various people at different times in the hotel bar, "OZ," and it has always been loud, with incredibly rude and inefficient service. I just spent 10 minutes looking for the barman who agreed to wait on us but couldn't be bothered to tell us what beer was available. (Answer: no taps, no dark beer, lots of Bud).

With so many good places in the immediate neighborhood, there is no reason to stay in the hotel and be first ignored, then insulted, then ripped off.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 16, 2009
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take local and out of town visitor comments seriously, using our guests' insight to address any and all deficiencies. Your experience was not of the norm and I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Livermore, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed here for a business trip at NIH. The room had just about everything I wanted, but I had to request a refrigerator several times before getting it. The first morning I requested room service for breakfast to get an early start, but it was late. My major complaint was with the shuttle service that was reported to run on the hour to NIH. There was a different driver everyday, and the timing of it varied from on time to 50 minutes late depending on the driver and how busy they were. Overall, everyone was very nice and I got what I needed, except for the hourly shuttle service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and insight. Since your review we have added shuttle service to compliment NIH's and assist in overcoming the delays caused by the enhanced gate security at the facility. Please let us know when you return, so we can provide you with proper and timely services for all your needs
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

With hourly shuttles to the NIH (and being within walking distance), this hotel is very conveniently located for someone who will be visiting NIH. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Also close to good restaurants and bars so there were good nightlife options close by. The beds were extremely comfortable!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Stayed over the weekend and enjoyed our stay. The bed was super comfortable. I had a great sleep. The decor in nice and breakfast was scrumptious. Many choicese to choose from. Would recommend again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
DT-Bethesda, Owner/ manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, August 23, 2009
Thank you for your valuable feedback and helpful insight. We strive to exceed guest expectations by learning from the experiences you share with us. We look forward to your return visit in the future and allowing us to make us your home away from home

Sincerely
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 241 reviews

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!