“Doubletree Behesda” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
torrington, United States
“Doubletree Behesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The staff and hotel were exceptional. Will def. recommend and stay again. Valets and desk service were very kind and helpful;prompt and polite. Centrally located to DC area and many points of interest. Room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi Darlas, thanks for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed you experience with us. We believe that our staffs are some of the best hospitality staff in the Bethesda. I am glad they showed you the service we expect. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Excellent buffet breakfast with many choices of eggs, yogurt, fruit, bacon, sausage. Park and Play option a good value for providing the free breakfast and valet parking. Rooms clean and comfortable, room temperature easily adjustable and quiet. Good location for visiting the Washington, DC area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast, room cleanliness and convenient location. If you come back in the summer time be sure to try our rooftop pool; the best view of Bethesda.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I travel often and like to stay at the Hilton properties. What a big mistake this trip was. First, I must say the property itself is a nice property but its service was horrible. With the hotel being in the city it does not offer parking, valet parking charges $22.00 per night. So be prepared. The morning of my first stay, I go to take a shower and there was HAIR in the shower. UUUGGGHHH! I have to clean the bathroom before going to my conference. the creamers left in the room were spoiled. What a great start to my stay. In mentioning this to the front desk when I returned and showed her pictures of the bathroom, she offered to buy me dinner. Day 2 - I go to make my bed ad noticed there were blood stains on the bottom of my sheets, YUCK. So this means the maid did not clean my room. I am furious, I call the valet to bring my car around; while I was waiting, I planned to speak to the from desk. No one is answering the phone at the valet desk. So I couldnt leave the hotel if I wanted to. Finally after calling the valet a few times I called the front desk, the guy covering the desk had to get my car. I waiting a few minutes before I went downstairs, when I get there no one was covering the the front desk and now I'm waiting for my car to be brought to me. Now I'm late for my conference. I call the genreal manager from my conference to complain about this visit.He gives me a song and dance about being upset with the service that was provided and would make a comp for one night. Upon my return to the hotel after my seminar he would make certain fresh towels and sheets would be brought to my room. Upon my return, I stop at the front desk to let them know I returned to the hotel and spoke with the GM of the hotel. The night manager was not aware of anything and would send someone to my room immediately. this was 6p. at 7:15pm I called to the front desk to find out what was going on, they said they were on the way. I finally got tired of getting the run around and told the manager I was calling Hilton Honors, while on the phone with the rep from Hilton, the maid comes to my room with towels but no sheets. the agent hears the conversation and was not happy, she decided to get a supervisor on the phone. I repeat my experience, the front desk calls and said they were on their way, they did not show up, the supervisor calls, they tell her they were on the way to the room. she stayed on the phone, they did not show, it is now 7 40pm, she had to the hotel to find out what was going on. They finally bring the fresh sheets by 7:45. I tell Hilton that I am not paying for the stay because this has been a nightmare.
So if you need to stay in the Bethesda area, the Marriott Pooks Hill is a great property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Psemale, it is our goal to deliver quality service to all our guests. We understand that blunders sometimes happen, and when they do we rush to correct the issue in order to turn a nightmare into a WOW experience! When you 1st reported the bathroom issue you gave our staff no opportunity to come into your room to fix the problem, you were also offered an immediate room change which you refused. For three consecutive days you had your DND sign on the door and you insisted that that no one was allowed into your room until you check out. This is quite unusual for us not being able to service a room or correct the issues you mentioned. My Front Office Manager offered you dinner even without being allowed in the room, the next day I offered you additional compensation which you accepted. Overall, we wish we could have made you a happier customer before you left the building.
Westport, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our experience at this property was negative. Given the other lodging possibilities in Bethesda, people should avoid this place and go elsewhere.

First, one of the parking valets stole cash from my car. We gave them every opportunity to make it right and they did not do so. Then we alerted the reception desk of the theft and the woman there advised us that such a thing would never happen. Except that it did.

Second, our room was not cleaned or made up between the first and second night of our two-night stay. No representative of the hotel gave any reason for this, nor was any apparent.

Third, there was insufficient toilet paper stocked in the bathroom. This led to an unfortunately timed call down to the front desk.

Doubletree should know better than to expect hotel guests to put up with things like these. My strong advice is to take your business somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
This review is unfair. The accusation of theft is unfounded. Our management team is learning about this for the very first time on Trip Advisor… We did a thorough investigation on 12/2/13 and our Valet Drivers all of which have been with us for 2 to 10 years were not even aware of this accusation. Protecting our guest is our top priority this is why we provide Safes in all our guest rooms and at the Front Desk to accommodate guest with securing their valuables. Regarding the room not being clean for two days; we checked our records and found that the guest had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door for both days
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had a very helpful front desk staff- friendly and able to solve any problem. The rooms were nice and quiet. The water saving shower head was not good and the restaurant breakfast was tasty but the waitress on the second and third day was terrible- just didn't know what was going on! And brought the wrong food!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello PSE, we thank you for your feedback. It appears that you enjoyed our friendly Front Office staff, our tasty breakfast and our quiet cozy sleeping room. We know these were major parts of your experience with us and it makes us happy that you enjoyed it. We pride ourselves on delivering friendly service all throughout the hotel; we will use your feedback to help us build on this. Come back to Bethesda soon.
Dayton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Parking attendants - Very Good Check-in personal - Good Cleanliness & maid service - Very Good Bathroom - No ventilation & hair dryer did not function Room - Heating/Air conditioning system very noisy. Unable to open in order to adjust heating system, door was intentionally wedge closed. Heating system was making banging, clunking and screeching type noises.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Coleen, It’s great that you enjoyed our check in process. It appears that you also enjoyed the maid service and was impressed with the room cleanliness. Our heating and cooling system is controlled by the electronic thermostat on the wall and not the actual unit. We will check into the unit noise you mentioned, our units are fairly new and noise is quite unusual. Thanks for your feedback; we hope you will try us again soon.
Sterling, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Enjoyed the weekend at the hotel, the room has all the amenities you expect from Doubletree. However, I should mention three things: the parking is a ripoff and the people working there are rude; the employees at the reception are doing all they can for the guest not to receive good HHonors benefit regardless of their status (in my case a gold member!); the breakfast buffet is so so, can and should be really improved

Room Tip: Just don't park your car over there for a ridiculous high price and a poor service. Look for alt...