“Always the best!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, United States
“Always the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Double Tree Bethesda is a fantastic place to stay - perfect location, staff are VERY friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean, Lobby is beautiful. Overall quality is second to none!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Lindsey, thanks for your kind comments. We will continue to build on a culture that seeks out memorable relationships with our guests. We hope to serve you again soon.

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's nice to feel welcome when you walk inside and that's how we felt as we received our warm chocolate chip cookies at check in! The room was very clean, though there was a slight food like odor we couldn't quite place. The lines were fresh and clean and the room was well lit. We forgot to bring a corkscrew and when we asked for help, we were given one along with a smile and 2 wine glasses! Highly recommend to all, especially families headed down to visit students at the schools nearby...a 12 minute car ride to American University! The 2 double beds worked for the 3 adults and there was a desk with a chair...we thought there might have been a piece of furniture missing as there was a large empty space where another chair or small couch might have once been. the bathroom was small but clean and fine for an overnight. We should have requested more towels...the staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Eaglebunny, I am glad you chose to stay with us and had such a great experience. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon; BTW…The rooftop pool in the summer is great for families as well..
Bethesda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great place to stay for Walter Reed or NIH travelers. Parking is an add, but you can self park behind in a city parking deck with Go Park Now app or with coins for less. All hotels in Bethesda are expensive, but this one provides great access to the Medical Center (i.e. Walter Reed) or the NIH.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Caleb, thanks for your review. I am glad your stay went well with us, please come see us again soon.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and no food was being served for lunch. At dinner time we had to eat a hamburger at the bar because the restaurant was not open for dinner either. The phone next to the bed did not work. There was only one chair in the room which had two queen size beds!

Room Tip: Make sure everything works and there is more than one chair in the room.
Green Features: I liked the dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi JoEllen, Your description of dinner experience is quite unusual; I will look into this further. We offer our full dinner menu in the evenings and often receive great compliments about our food. We hope you will try us again for a more favorable experience that we are known for.
Painted Post, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

While I am typically a fan of Hilton-branded properties, my experience at the DoubleTree Bethesda gave me ample reasons to reconsider my assessment.
I arrived last Saturday night during a torrential downpour to find cars blocking the hotel entrance and a valet attendant who told me to "go park your car in a city lot a couple of blocks away". After walking back to the hotel with my bags in the rain, I arrived to find a rude and unprofessional front desk clerk who told me (1) I had no reservation (2) you have already checked-in, and finally (3) that I did indeed have a reservation but that there was some type of system issue. After waiting while he left to speak and joke with the other desk clerk, I finally was given a room key. As I walked away from the desk, he yelled for me to come back, grabbed my folio and changed the room from the Hilton HHonors floor to another part of the building. While the room was clean, the hotel has obviously seen better days and is in need of significant upgrade.
After calling room service 3 times without anyone answering, I went downstairs to the restaurant to try and find something for dinner. My frustration levels only increased as I waiting for the restaurant server to end a personal call on their cell phone before taking my order for a burger and salad. While the food arrived within the promised 30 minutes, I certainly expected better from DoubleTree.
The perfect ending to the day involved the hotel's fire alarm and evacuation siren going off at midnight and joining my fellow guests outside the hotel entrance for almost an hour before being able to return my room via the stairs!
I spend 50+ days a year in hotels and have elite status with Hilton HHonors and a number of other chains. The DoubleTree Bethesda is not up to the usual standards one expects from Hilton properties. Very disappointing service and inexcusable treatment...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear FlyFishGuy, based on your feedback it is quite obvious that you had a “not so great” experience with us. We are definitely better that what you described. I would hope for another chance to serve you in the future and to change your perception of our service levels.
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Just spent two days and two nights here for a conference. Did not have a chance to make full use of the place but my room was big enough, the bed was comfortable, the wifi was free and the shower was fine so my basic needs were met. The entry is a bit odd - basically off what seems like a parking garage driveway and when you walk in you are greeted by a spiral staircase. Okay place for a business traveller.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi MJN63, thank you for your feedback. It is great that you found the hotel comfortable and convenient. This is what most travelers look for in a hotel… Don’t stay away too long before visiting us again :)
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Best thing about this place is the proximity to the NIH. Just a ten min walk and you are there. I was here for a week in July and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are big enough.comfortable beds.Nice lounge area at the entrance to catch up on some light reading.

There is also a beautiful roof top pool. Quite a nice view of Bethesda especially towards the evening. They also have a nice breakfast spread.

There are quite a few eating options around the neighborhood (Italian, Mexican, Persian, Japanese... you gt the point). Bethesda Row is just a few blocks away.

Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cindy, your feedback was a pleasure to read. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience. My personal favorites are the great atmosphere in the lounge, the roof top view of Bethesda and the comfort of our bed. Thanks for sharing..

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!