“Good hotel in good location, nothing stands out” 4 of 5 stars

Save Up To 20%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
omaha
“Good hotel in good location, nothing stands out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have to admit that it took me a while to decide between three stars or four stars rating, I wish there was a 3.5 option. This is a good hotel in ad good location with decent facility. Everybody was friendly and tried their best to help. It is more on the old side so if you prefer modern places look elsewhere. I would go back again since there is nothing major to complain about and the location is perfect for business trips in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your patronage and for taking time to share this feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again when in the area. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have travelled a lot to Bethesda in the past few years, but this was my first time in this hotel and excellent value for a weekend stay. Good location, well within walking distance to the metro and both main restaurant areas (although worth making clear here that I'm English and we tend to walk further than Bethesda locals). They also have shuttle buses and the free Bethesda circular bus stops nearby. Room was as I expect for this brand. Comfortable, plenty of power sockets and lighting options and the free internet was fine (i.e. now need to pay more for higher speeds). Shower took a long time to get to hot water, though not sure if that was because of the time of day I took them. Breakfast is good, $18 dollars for a buffet, which seems a lot to me, but in line with other hotels I guess. Not bad for vegetarians either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time in sharing these comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and the convenience of our location, as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to having you back on your next trip through the area. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda.
Kapolei, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Strongly recommended for Business Stay and it is located near the Metro Station for easy travel around the Washington DC areas. many local and fine dinning available for the groups and families to enjoy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your patronage and for taking time to share this feedback. I happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again when in the area for business or leisure. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda.
Murrieta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Met expectations. Did not exceed and any areas. Good price and good value. Missed shuttle after I was told to wait in waiting area where I would be notified; I was not notified. Good overall quality, great location near Metro subway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Dan for your time and for sharing your impressions. While I am happy to see we met your expectations, I do regret that you were misinformed about the designated shuttle pick up location. I have shared this feedback with our Guest Services management team for immediate follow-up. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please do not hesitate to let us know, so we can have the opportunity to reverse your impressions of our customer service. Thank you again for sharing this feedback
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this property on "Easter Eve" as we were attending the National Cathedral for services the next morning, so we basically used it for a stopover for the evening. We used one of those "discount travel" sites to book the property, and for what we paid for it we certainly got our money's worth. The hotel is clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable, service was just fine. There is no indoor pool, parking onsite is tough and expensive, but there is "reasonable" parking across the street. There are some decent dining options close by, so see our reviews for the evening. All in all, if you can get a "deal" for the night, it's a good choice.

Room Tip: As is the case with any city hotel, be prepared to fork over hard earned cash for parking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tubaman, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for choosing The DoublteTree by Hilton Bethesda. Our guests satisfaction is our top priority and we are fortunate to have a great team of genuine caring team members to serve our guests' needs. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We look to having you back when traveling to the Washington DC area.
Lasagnejoe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel staff were courteous and public areas well maintained. Armchair and hassock in my room (604) were worn and had threadbare piping at the seam. Manager on duty said they were in process of replacing these items but had not gotten to this room yet. Gave breakfast voucher to comensate. I think Doubletree would be better served to close this room until it is presentable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I regret the impression you left with and assure you it is not the norm for our hotel. I do appreciate the valuable feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity when you are back in the area, so we can reverse those impressions you left with. We are in the process of changing out our room furniture. Please contact my office directly should your travels bring you back so I can ensure we meet your expectations.
BETHESDA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last five years and for the first time I was very disappointed. The bathroom door was jammed shut. I reported it but but it was never fixed. If my wife and I were not in the room one of us would be locked in. I reported two light bulbs out and they were not fixed. The lounge chair arms were frayed and sloppy looking. If this happens again I will change hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mr. Steven for your time and for sharing your impressions. I have shared your concerns with the staff at the hotel, as your comments are not typical for our property. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I can ensure we will exceed your expectation when you return.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!