“Better furniture at the Salvation Army thrift store.” 2 of 5 stars

Cyber Weekend Deal!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lasagnejoe
“Better furniture at the Salvation Army thrift store.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel staff were courteous and public areas well maintained. Armchair and hassock in my room (604) were worn and had threadbare piping at the seam. Manager on duty said they were in process of replacing these items but had not gotten to this room yet. Gave breakfast voucher to comensate. I think Doubletree would be better served to close this room until it is presentable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I regret the impression you left with and assure you it is not the norm for our hotel. I do appreciate the valuable feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity when you are back in the area, so we can reverse those impressions you left with. We are in the process of changing out our room furniture. Please contact my office directly should your travels bring you back so I can ensure we meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
BETHESDA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last five years and for the first time I was very disappointed. The bathroom door was jammed shut. I reported it but but it was never fixed. If my wife and I were not in the room one of us would be locked in. I reported two light bulbs out and they were not fixed. The lounge chair arms were frayed and sloppy looking. If this happens again I will change hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mr. Steven for your time and for sharing your impressions. I have shared your concerns with the staff at the hotel, as your comments are not typical for our property. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I can ensure we will exceed your expectation when you return.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

No fans in bathrooms. Internet very slow. Housekeeping not so good. Otherwise good location, decent fitness room and great eronomic chairs in the conference rooms. This box requires 200 characters minimum so I am adding some characters.

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree Hilton and was a great experience. Wonderful location- close to NIH and many nearby facilities. Rooms were clean, staff very helpful and it offers late night dine-in options. This is the hotel of choice for my business trips to Bethesda, and I have a great stay each time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi Velma, we appreciate your kind feedback. I am glad we are your choice for your home away from home. We will continue to ensure that you have a valuable experience each and every time that we are privileged to serve you.
Richmond, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Rooms were decent, staff, was polite. Room service was a disaster both nights I stayed. I am 8 months pregnant so I didn't feel like going out. The Pasta Prima Vera was cooked noodles with watered down soup on top of it the second night I ordered it. The following morning they completly missed my breakfast order. I expected more from a hotel that costs this much. I will likely be avoiding the Doubletree in Bethesda in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Jodi for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I am happy to see you were happy with your room and the staff, I do regret that we were unable to exceed your expectation with the quality and service of our restaurant. I have shared this feedback with our food and beverage management team for immediate follow-up. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please do not hesitate to let us know, so we can have the opportunity to reverse your impressions of our customer service. Thank you again for sharing this feedback.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Doubletree Bethesda offers a great location with easy access. You have lots of dining options nearby.

Hotel is a former Holiday Inn and while it is improving, it did still have HI feel to it with higher prices attached.

If you get a great rate, give it a go but there are better options available!

Room Tip: away from elevators