“good stay, no problems” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Martinsburg
“good stay, no problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. We had no issues, the hotel was clean, staff was friendly, room was okay. We walked a short distance to the DC metro and on our way home, we jumped right on the interstate. Good central location. We also loved the free cookie!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I thought I had seen it all, but much to my surprise, I found a couple of charges ($5.30) made directly to my credit card that did not appear on the bill at checkout time. When checking for receipts, none were to be found, so I called the hotel to find out what I "bought". As it turns out, I was told it was for bottles of water that were placed in my room. The odd thing, though. I never touch those, at least not in the US.

I suppose if you're traveling on the Company's dime, those "incidentals" slip below the radar. But when you are the Company, it adds up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay at the Doubletree in Bethesda was very nice. Housekeeping and staff did a good job making sure we were comfortable. The only flaw was that both of our key cards had issues. We had to have them reprogrammed and then still had problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Nutley, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and have always been satisfied. This time things were different. The room was nice, but on closer inspection we could see the carpet was dirty. We found an old hair clip on the floor which was still there when we left, which made us wonder if the room had been vacuumed. The chair was stained and worn. We called and also went down to the front desk for extra coffee. Each time we were told it would be sent up, but it never was. We ended up having to go to Starbuck's in the morning. We went up to the rooftop pool but did not feel comfortable. They had loud music playing and selling bottles of alcohol. The price of the room was very good and the area is nice. It is close to DC and there are lots of restaurants in walking distance. Right now we are not sure if we will return to this Doubletree.

Green Features: We like the fact that they encourage recycling and provide containers to do so.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night to catch the metro into dc the next mirning. The hitel was pretty clean, staff was nice, and the cookie was the bomb! It wasn't a luxury hotel, but wasn't ghetto. Perfectly adequate. The ac in our room sure did struggle though. Looks like it was a crappier hotel thats been renovated on a budget. I'd stay there again probably.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotch Plains, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel twice in the last 3 weeks, and we're going back again this weekend. It has become our home away from home when visiting Washington, DC. Great hotel, close to the Metro and the downtown DC area. Hotel is situated in a neighborhood full of a variety of ethnic restaurants. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Marietta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Terrible front desk staff. There was never anyone working on the front desk when I needed assistance. I had to wait around for someone to show up. Very rude front desk staff. Rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!