“Bethesda Double Tree by Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

2015 - New Years Party!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bethesda Double Tree by Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was immaculate. The food was excellent. The cookies were warm and so yummy. The location was convenient to my conference location. The valet service was very helpful. I parked in the parking garage vs valet and it was much cheaper and very close. The valet gentleman assited me every step of the way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, on behalf of the entire Doubletree Bethesda Team I want to say a big thank you for your kind heartfelt words about our hotel services. We hope to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albany, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Friendly efficient staff. Nice location and good amenities. Close to great shopping and restaurants. Had a very pleasant stay. Great for both business travel and a family trip. Close to the metro and Washington DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hi Vinny, I shared your kind feedback with our staff, and they are thrilled. We take a lot of pride in trying to delivering friendly efficient service to every guest who walks through our doors. I am glad you felt it... We hope to see you again soon.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel for the most part is nice enough. The room itself is dated aside from the bedding which is very nice. The bathroom is decent size but the fact that the oversized door swings into it made bathing my 8 month old in the tub quite difficult. Some of the Pro's would have to be the nice beds, the fact that they offer a shuttle bus to and from Walter Reed throughout the day starting at 7am, a starbucks coffee shop in the hotel, free internet access, and are located near a variety of restaurants. The staff was friendly and especially helpful. The con's..... no self parking, only valet parking which costs $22 a week day and $12 a weekend however there is a parking garage behind the hotel that offers week day parking for $.80 an hour and free parking on the weekend, the area around the hotel is not especially nice and the view of the torn down gas station out our window were less than pleasing. The hotel itself was nice but overall I think we paid more than we should have for what we received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi JDHL, thank you for your feedback. You were kind enough to mention quite a few pros about our hotel, thank you. The torn down gas station you mentioned is being cleaned up by a developer; it is a proposed site for a bank. Most of our guest appreciates the area around the hotel for its proximity to restaurants and shops. We believe that our rates are very competitive in the Bethesda area.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Needed a reasonably priced place to stay for a night away from parenting and tried this for the first time. Easy walking distance to restaurants and has a shuttle to the metro. VERY friendly and helpful staff. Room and lobby looked great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good: clean, comfortable beds, good room service food at reasonable prices, convenient walking distance to shops and restaurants. Troubling: if there for a few days with your car and you need to use your car, have to have them bring it to you every time, plus you end up in a line of cars waiting to drive back in to drop off the car at valet parking. There for a wedding Memorial day weekend so they were very busy. The bad: I carefully made a certain room reservation for deluxe room with double beds since traveling with elderly relative. They had my packet ready when I checked in and turned out they put us in a deluxe room with one bed. Called down, they said no record of a double bed reservation - I said it showed clearly on my iPad email. Fixed it but 1 hour of waiting for us, with no offer of more cookies, lunch, etc for our trouble.

Room Tip: Bring a copy of your room confirmation with you so you get what you reserved. Also, suggest NOT get...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Maggie, we are delighted that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for pointing out some of our great amenities. We are particularly proud of our new Share concept menu and small plate offering in our lounge. Our valet team's efficiency is one of the more celebrated area based on guest feedback. Our Hilton Reservation system is one that has to have integrity; we believe strongly that we should deliver to our guest whatever we promised.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently reserved a room at the Doubletree, through Priceline, for a two-night stay. My son was injured and we were not able to keep the reservation. I called the hotel and explained that we could not come the first night but maybe the second night (driving from New York to D.C.). The situation did not allow us to go either night. I called Priceline and they told me I had to speak to the hotel directly (the Priceline people were very understanding and did attempt to help). When I called the Doubletree, I was told that the reservation could not be refunded. I don't see why the hotel could not make an exception due to the fact that the circumstances were unforeseen, unpredictable, and out of my control. I consider this poor customer service and total lack of understanding. I would not stay here in future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kristen, we are usually pretty flexible with extreme circumstances. We understand that unexpected things happen in life.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in DC for Memorial Day weekend. I got a great rate here from Hotwire (around $72/night) and then discovered that there is a lot of street parking around the hotel where you can park for free if you get in late enough each night and left early enough in the am (which we did) so this saved us another $20 or so each day in parking.

The hotel was clean and had nice amenities. One day our keys weren't working anymore and the gentleman at the front desk was very accomodating--fixed the problem and gave us extra cookies and bottled water to compensate. The beds are nice--almost too soft for my taste--and the tolietries in the bathroom were Crabtree & Evelyn (if you care about that kind of stuff).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Emily, I hope all is going well with you in Charlotte. Thanks for your kind feedback. You were nice enough to point out some of our great amenities. If you come back in the summer, be sure to try our popular roof top pool with the best view of Bethesda.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!