“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here again over the weekend. As always, the room was clean and comfortable, and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also nice and the chocolate chip cookies were great! We also got a great AAA rate of less than $100, which I thought was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St. Louis Metro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice now. First time around I came with my young daughter to visit the NIH, and there are convenient shuttles available all day that stop at this location. The second time, I came back with my entire family. It's close to everything you would need, and a short walk to the Metro to head into DC. The staff was just as wonderful the second time around as they were 2 years ago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Staff was attentive and available at all time. Loved the beds. Appreciated the rides to the Metro when it was raining, but preferred to walk the 6 blocks which goes by Caribou Coffee. The best Whole Foods is two stops on the Metro to Tinley Town and on your right as you get to ground level; Shopped at Redds and got great designer shoes and a dress; South Street Sandwiches have great Philly sandwiches; BGR have great variety of burgers and fries; Trader Joes is a busride away, the local bus service is free and convenient; and emergency One Med Care on Old Georgetown was a life safer when sick. Big props to the night shift desk person who rescued me at 3am with milk to take pain meds. Loved it.

Room Tip: Room on the left side of the hotel could see the commuter bus and was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hi LTVentura, thank you for this great feedback. You were kind enough to touch on quite a few things that make our hotel very special and the best hotel choice in Bethesda. Our Stabucks coffee shop in the lobby is a new favorite for some of our guests who are on the run and looking for great coffee, a muffin, a quick sandwich or even a quick healthy salad, be sure to check it out on your next visit. I see you are from beautiful sunny California, I hope to visit that state with my family this year…Take care, and we hope to see you again soon in Bethesda..
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My major pain point with my stay was that I requested early check-in as I flew in from a red eye flight. I called to notify the hotel around 10a and they said there would be no room available until around 1p. I arrived at the hotel at that time and still not room available. I didn't get into my room until around 2:30p. The front desk staff also made me feel like they were doing me a favor, when I had requested early check-in all along. We also didn't get any cookie upon checking in.

Room was just fine. Beds were a little soft. Really liked the towels. The work-out room was quite good too. Loved the fact that internet was complimentary! Parking also costs $22 per night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lkfreema, thanks for sending your feedback. I would like to point out that 3pm is our check in time but our staff is known for being generous and flexible with early check in requests. Our guests usually understands when we are coming off a sold out night and cannot offer an early check in. I am glad you enjoyed our great bed and towels; these are usually popular with our guests. I hope you come see us again the next time you come to the DC area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great staff, safe area, few blocks from the subway, about 30 min ride to Capital Hill. You're also close to the best areas of Bethesda for shopping and food! They do charge for parking but we negotiated that for free due to an extended stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello cnhoel, it appears that you had a great experience with us. This is awesome; and thanks for this great feedback. Being a few blocks from great shops and restaurants gives our guests the best of both worlds since the hotel also has such great amenities. Our Executive Chef is the new talk of the town; our Share concept restaurant has been creating a new buzz in the community for its quality, affordability and tasty small plate offerings. Check this out the next time you visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was excellent. Great staff and comfortable room. I tried to tip the guy working in the business center for going above and beyond the call of duty and he refused to except the tip saying it was his pleasure to help me. The front counter staff was the same way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, I truly appreciate your kindness in your attempt to tip our team member. While we do not discourage our staff to accept tips, we also celebrate team members like the ones you encountered who express their passion for their jobs in this way..
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only negative was breakfast not included and add $22/day for valet parking. Room was comfortable and service was friendly. I would return to this hotel. (The pool is only in the hot weather as it is outside. Didn't use the gym but it looked very nice.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi WinderW, thank you for your feedback. We do offer weekend and seasonal packages that include breakfast and sometimes parking. Our service levels, rooftop pool and gym are two of our key features; along with these our guests also appreciates our proximity to shops, restaurant and the subway in Bethesda. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!