“Cheap hotel rates make this hotel a good place to stay in Bethesda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Bethesda

Save Up To 20%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Athens, Ohio
“Cheap hotel rates make this hotel a good place to stay in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was surprised to find the room rates for this hotel were well below those for the american inn which is next door. However, paying $12/day for valet parking the prices even out and this hotel does not supply free breakfast. The rooms were larger and cleaner than the american inn. I had stayed at this hotel before for about twice the amount that I was charged during my last trip. I think the hotel rates are higher during the summer time. Breakfast buffet was good, but pricy for what you get. However, $17 for breakfast I think is the norm for large hotel chains. Air handling system was very noisy and if you put the temperature down during the winter, it does not shut off but instead starts blowing frigid air into the room.

Room Tip: Try and get the upgrade to the 12th floor for the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Harring, I am pleased that you were able to find a bargain deal with us; I am also pleased to know that you think the hotel was worth a lot more than what you paid. We like to purposely load these lower rates sometimes, especially on the weekends to introduce our newly renovated hotel to guests coming to the area. We believe our hotel has great value, second to none in the Bethesda area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The furnishings are nice and there was room for a king bed and a sitting area with two chairs. There was nothing particularly spectacular about my stay, but I had no complaints either. There are some shops and small restaurants within walking distance. There is a shuttle to NIH. I didn't eat there so I don't know how good the food is.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello FreqFlyMom, It seems you did not get a chance to take full advantage of our great amenities. We have some of the most spacious/beautiful suites you will find in the Bethesda area; you can request this upgrade for a small difference in price the next time you visit the area. You can also grab a hot cup of coffee, pastry, sandwich or salad to go from our lobby Starbucks coffee shop; or relax at our Share Wine Bar where you will discover a variety of tasty wine blends. Ask to speak to our restaurant manager who you will discover to be a knowledgeable wine connoisseur.
Waterloo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was spacious and comfortable. The King size bed was very comfortable. The small frig and microwave were a blessing since we were there a week. It was very quiet also, none of that running and banging around and listening to the person next doors TV. There were a few down sides though. They pre authorize about 300 dollars in case of "essentials". Not sure what essentials you would need for that amount. Also we didn't eat in their restaurant because at the bottom of the menu it stated a 20% gratuity would be added to the bill and split between the servers, plus an additional 3 dollars. It didn't say what the additional three dollars was for. Needless to say, I tip according to my service and I don't feel it should be added to your bill. There is no parking it is all Valet at 22 dollars a night in their spacious underground parking garage. The parking attendants were very nice and helpful and deserved a good tip. I reserved from the Hilton site and got the best room rate. Not a bad stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the better room on the higher floor you will be glad you did.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Regarding the menu and gratuity, I understand your point completely. I will certainly look into this and make necessary adjustments. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon for a pleasant dining experience in our new Share Concept restaurant..
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for business overnight ----- The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi was fast.

My only issue was the heater. It ran constantly, and was very loud. I had to turn it off to get to sleep. If the heater was not so loud I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sending your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our guest rooms. We have a very aggressive daily preventative maintenance program to ensure quiet and effective HVAC units for our guests; we will try to trace your feedback to this room that needs attention. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.
Landstuhl, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree while visiting family in Rockville, MD. The location on Wisconsin Ave. which becomes Rockville Pike, was perfect. The hotel is also close to Betheda Military Hospital and the NIH. Restaurants are very close and the hotel has a fine breakfast buffet (not included) and a good quality evening restaurtant. We found the parking charges high. There is a county parking garage nearby, but we used the hotel parking for security and the convenience of valet service. Our one complaint was that the room was not made up one day (of a nine-day stay). The maid knocked on our door before we left at 9:30 AM and apparently forgot to come back. We had clean towels sent up and were not horribly inconvenienced. The best thing we loved was the coffee bar in the lobby. We bought fresh Starbucks coffee every morning, and got free refills before we left for the day. That and the Doubletree cookies are very nice touches. The bed and linens were excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback on your experience with us. It appeared that you enjoyed your overall experience. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issue you had that one day. We do not take lightly the maintenance and cleaning of our guest rooms; so I must say that it is quite unusual that the housekeeper did not return to clean your room. Often times some guests forget that they placed a DND sign on the door and leave for the day. We hope to see you again soon for a problem free experience with us.
LITTLE ROCK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is located on Wisconsin Avenue, midway between Bethesda and the Medical Center metro stops. Hence, it is within walking distance to the NIH, but also within walking distance to the many good restaurants in Bethesda. The hotel was pretty good, the rooms were large. My only complaint was the very poor water pressure in the shower. This is most irritating and would actually make me choose another hotel for future stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your candid feedback. I am glad that the location worked out quite well for you. I would like to apologize for the water pressure issue you experienced during your stay; I must tell you however that this experience is very unusual for our property. We have since investigated and resolve the problem. Hopefully you will return on your next trip to the area and enjoy a problem free experience with us.
Central Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed there twice, and i'll be back. Like the breakfast buffet, its top notch, the sausage gravy is to die for! They have a nice wine selection, and good dinner selections as well. Van service to Bethesda and Medical Center metro stops, or a 10 minute walk from Bethesda stop.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared this with our Executive Chef and he really appreciates your kind comment on breakfast. He is passionate about keeping our guest happy with the food that comes out of his kitchen. Thanks again, and please try our new Share dinner menu concept the next time you visit; I think you will appreciate it.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!