“Excellent, especially for the price” 4 of 5 stars

2015 - New Years Party!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Excellent, especially for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for four nights over Christmas in 2012. In general I found this hotel to be a great choice for downtown Bethesda, certainly better value and equal amenities to the much pricier Hyatt down the street, which I have reviewed in the past. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The hotel is modern and clean with a starbucks and a restaurant/bar in the lobby. I had a cup of coffee from the starbucks and didn't try the food in the restaurant (visiting family so ate meals out) but it was a pleasant space.

Fitness center is excellent with new life fitness treadmills and good ellipticals, set of free weights, pleasantly located on the penthouse level so the room is bright and airy.

Room was extremely large if a little dark, bed incredibly comfortable. Got some great sleep while staying here. Maid service prompt and thorough.

There is a $15 fee for valet parking (and parking is valet only). I used the garage across the street which is free on weekends and holidays and only availed myself of the valets once, they were very pleasant and prompt.

My only gripe is that as a hilton gold member the perks seem sort of limited- there's a "pantry" that you can help yourself from at any hour and you pick between points and free breakfast. The pantry contains 100% junk food, I would prefer a rooftop lounge or something for gold members.

I recommend this hotel for a stay in Bethesda, it was extremely pleasant and the price was unbeatable for the quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It gives us great joy whenever our customers feel that they are winners after their experience with us. Providing competitive value and excellent service is our top priority. Thanks for choosing us, and we hope to serve you again soon..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had a nice lunch ( the food was ok) and work out before my meeting. Clean rooms and great customer service. Idid manage to get a cookie. Valet parking was fast and easy. It was close to many restaurants that you could easily walk to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed 4 nights, had an excellent stay. Room was spacious, clean, modern. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice starbucks right in the lobby if you don't want to sit down for big breakfast. Free wifi! Walking distance to metro and lots of restaurants.

Will note that my stay as a guest was excellent, but as the organizer of a small meeting had a slightly different experience. Room was well set up and easy to use, but took a long time to get an answer on questions in advance, people weren't always easy to locate. Still, overall a fine experience.

• Stayed December 2012
Main Line area-Philadelphia, PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a conference held within the hotel. The conference facilities were great and very convenient. The hotel is about a mile from the metro station. Service was very good, food just OK. There is no spa. The room was very basic, with no mini bar, refrigerator or anything special. The usual $5.00 bottle of water is provided. On the positive side, you do get free wifi which was of good quality throughout the hotel. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Lots of good restaurants within a block or two and I'd suggest eating out where possible. The food provided for the conference was reasonable however. If you are looking for a place to stay for a day or two, this is just fine. If looking for a vacation resort, there are better options.

• Stayed November 2012
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a quick, bullet point review: the Good:
* Large Rooms recently renovated
* Excellent Location
* Priced Right
* Extremely comfortable beds
* Service at wine bar/restaurant was excellent
* Bath was clean
* The warm cookie at check in is a nice welcome--too bad they aren't provided every day!

The Not So Good:
* I was never able to get hot water from the shower and warm water was spotty at the sink. I noted this on the repair comment card first night, but nothing was done. At checkout, I did indicate my unhappiness at not having hot water in my room-a small compensation was given for my restaurant bill, which I appreciated but I would have expected more since hot water would seem to be a basic.
* Rooms have heating/air conditioning via wall units-which I have found are always noisy.
* Although I did not need to park a car, it does not appear that there is enough on site parking available.
* It did not appear my room was vacuumed at any time during my stay (3 nights) based on observations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Although you have highlighted some positive aspects of your recent stay with us, we do appreciate the details of your concerns, so we can address and correct the deficiencies. Thank you again for taking valuable time to share your comments and for selecting our property for your stay.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

It was a really good place to stay. The shuttle picks you up from the Metro and can take you there too. Only a 10 min ride. You can walk it too. Only takes like 15 min or so. Its a nice little walk. The front desk was courteous and I had no complaints about them. They gave us the cookies which were delicious. And we had them everyday we stayed. The only complaint was the toilet, I had to hold the handle down till it flushed but everything else was on point. Well worth it!

There is a pizza place right across the street and a CVS and 7-11 a couple blocks away. You gotta go to Rock Bottom Restaurant not far at all. Delicious..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will review your comments with our team, so we can address your noted deficiency. Thank you also for highlighting the positives about our staff and service, as our entire team is always focused on taking care of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback and for selecting our property for your stay. We look forward to your return!

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!