“Good points and not so good points” 3 of 5 stars

RoofTop Poolside Package
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Lansing, Michigan
“Good points and not so good points”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a quick, bullet point review: the Good:
* Large Rooms recently renovated
* Excellent Location
* Priced Right
* Extremely comfortable beds
* Service at wine bar/restaurant was excellent
* Bath was clean
* The warm cookie at check in is a nice welcome--too bad they aren't provided every day!

The Not So Good:
* I was never able to get hot water from the shower and warm water was spotty at the sink. I noted this on the repair comment card first night, but nothing was done. At checkout, I did indicate my unhappiness at not having hot water in my room-a small compensation was given for my restaurant bill, which I appreciated but I would have expected more since hot water would seem to be a basic.
* Rooms have heating/air conditioning via wall units-which I have found are always noisy.
* Although I did not need to park a car, it does not appear that there is enough on site parking available.
* It did not appear my room was vacuumed at any time during my stay (3 nights) based on observations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Although you have highlighted some positive aspects of your recent stay with us, we do appreciate the details of your concerns, so we can address and correct the deficiencies. Thank you again for taking valuable time to share your comments and for selecting our property for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

It was a really good place to stay. The shuttle picks you up from the Metro and can take you there too. Only a 10 min ride. You can walk it too. Only takes like 15 min or so. Its a nice little walk. The front desk was courteous and I had no complaints about them. They gave us the cookies which were delicious. And we had them everyday we stayed. The only complaint was the toilet, I had to hold the handle down till it flushed but everything else was on point. Well worth it!

There is a pizza place right across the street and a CVS and 7-11 a couple blocks away. You gotta go to Rock Bottom Restaurant not far at all. Delicious..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will review your comments with our team, so we can address your noted deficiency. Thank you also for highlighting the positives about our staff and service, as our entire team is always focused on taking care of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback and for selecting our property for your stay. We look forward to your return!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here two nights and were very pleased. Our room was large and comfortable with a king sized bed. We arrived after two flights (one a ten hour overnight) from Buenos Aires so it was great that it was ready immediately.
We have found the staff to be friendly, polite and ready to the extra mile to help us. I wanted a manicure and the front desk whipped out a map to show me where exactly the salon was and offered to book the appointment. I missed the shuttle to the Metro and one of the managers insisted on dropping me off personally. Great people!
The food is good. We enjoyed crab chowder and blackened prawns and scallops. We did not take full advantage of all the facilities and there is a pool open in the summer. Good restaurants nearby, Onsite gym a five yoga studios nearby. I walked back from the Bethesda Metro station which took ten minutesé Wifi in rooms and business center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

great food, excellent service. Did not stay in a room. Attended 2 social functions for high school reunion. Brunch was terrific with the best french toast. Conveniently located with easy valet parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a good alternative to the more expensive Hyatt and the more remote Marriott. It is about 2 blocks from the Metro and teh rooms are good. Although a little dated, many rooms have balconies and the upper level rooms >10th floor have great views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback and helpful insight. We strive to exceed guest expectations by learning from the experiences you share with us. We look forward to your return visit in the future and allowing us to make us your home away from home. Again many thanks for letting us know of your experience.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed in this area for business for a number of months, and this has been my favorite hotel so far. I made the reservation with my HHonors number and when we arrived they gave us 2 warm cookies and upgraded us to a really nice 2 room suite. The suite was huge, with a bathroom bigger than most standard-sized hotel rooms. There was a shower and separate whirlpool tub, all marble. We also received access to the pantry on another floor, which had complimentary snacks and drinks that you could get anytime.

Breakfast was delicious, the chef making the omelettes was very friendly and did a great job (he even cooked the veggies before adding the eggs). I probably wouldn't pay the $16 and change for it, but we had breakfast vouchers so for free we couldn't have asked for more!

The staff here was great - some of the friendliest I've seen. Plus they gave us more warm cookies when we checked out!

The only downside here is the $20 parking, which is pretty much your only option. I hate having to pay for parking. I also hate being forced to use valet parking. Both are the case here, unfortunately, but the hotel and staff were too great for me to take it down a point in the rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. You probably don't need to worry about being away from the elevators, they...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will make sure to pass your comments onto the team. We look forward to your return visit in the future and allowing us to make us your home away from home. Again many thanks for letting us know of your experience.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend when traveling up to that area for college hockey...

The hotel is located off Rockville Pike (a busy street), if you are driving or have a rental car the hotel has ONLY VALET PARKING!!! (@ $10.00 per day)

Arrived at front entrance and had to ask for a luggage cart for help with a few pieces of luggage and hanging clothes...

The front desk staff was very friendly and was able to get me a room on the 12th floor with the room facing the city which was nice...

The hotel also boasts a nice rooftop seasonal pool and fitness center...

The rooms are very nice and modern...beds were very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was the normal fair but good...

The hotel also has a nice bar area for use in the evening but closes early on Friday's & Saturdays @ 11pm...The bar also has 2 TV's to watch games or other things that are on..

The hotel is near a number of restaurants and other bar areas...

WIFI which I saw were issues with others, I didn't have a big problem with, but only used it for a short time..

If I was in the area again I would stay there...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience. Your comments are appreciated, as they help us focus on continuously improving our product and service. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We look forward to your return visit to this area and giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!