“Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Glendale, Arizona
“Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

great food, excellent service. Did not stay in a room. Attended 2 social functions for high school reunion. Brunch was terrific with the best french toast. Conveniently located with easy valet parking.

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a good alternative to the more expensive Hyatt and the more remote Marriott. It is about 2 blocks from the Metro and teh rooms are good. Although a little dated, many rooms have balconies and the upper level rooms >10th floor have great views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback and helpful insight. We strive to exceed guest expectations by learning from the experiences you share with us. We look forward to your return visit in the future and allowing us to make us your home away from home. Again many thanks for letting us know of your experience.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed in this area for business for a number of months, and this has been my favorite hotel so far. I made the reservation with my HHonors number and when we arrived they gave us 2 warm cookies and upgraded us to a really nice 2 room suite. The suite was huge, with a bathroom bigger than most standard-sized hotel rooms. There was a shower and separate whirlpool tub, all marble. We also received access to the pantry on another floor, which had complimentary snacks and drinks that you could get anytime.

Breakfast was delicious, the chef making the omelettes was very friendly and did a great job (he even cooked the veggies before adding the eggs). I probably wouldn't pay the $16 and change for it, but we had breakfast vouchers so for free we couldn't have asked for more!

The staff here was great - some of the friendliest I've seen. Plus they gave us more warm cookies when we checked out!

The only downside here is the $20 parking, which is pretty much your only option. I hate having to pay for parking. I also hate being forced to use valet parking. Both are the case here, unfortunately, but the hotel and staff were too great for me to take it down a point in the rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. You probably don't need to worry about being away from the elevators, they...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will make sure to pass your comments onto the team. We look forward to your return visit in the future and allowing us to make us your home away from home. Again many thanks for letting us know of your experience.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend when traveling up to that area for college hockey...

The hotel is located off Rockville Pike (a busy street), if you are driving or have a rental car the hotel has ONLY VALET PARKING!!! (@ $10.00 per day)

Arrived at front entrance and had to ask for a luggage cart for help with a few pieces of luggage and hanging clothes...

The front desk staff was very friendly and was able to get me a room on the 12th floor with the room facing the city which was nice...

The hotel also boasts a nice rooftop seasonal pool and fitness center...

The rooms are very nice and modern...beds were very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was the normal fair but good...

The hotel also has a nice bar area for use in the evening but closes early on Friday's & Saturdays @ 11pm...The bar also has 2 TV's to watch games or other things that are on..

The hotel is near a number of restaurants and other bar areas...

WIFI which I saw were issues with others, I didn't have a big problem with, but only used it for a short time..

If I was in the area again I would stay there...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience. Your comments are appreciated, as they help us focus on continuously improving our product and service. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We look forward to your return visit to this area and giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we arrive at a hotel and enter our room the first thing we like to check for is bedbugs. In fact we had a discussion with the hotel night manager at check in about this issue because there was a recent alert on a bedbug database about a room on the 6th floor that had bed bugs (which the manager had no idea about and also disputed). When we arrived at our room we found evidence of a dead bug (I don't think it was a bed bug) on the mattress cover and immediately called the manager. When he arrived at our room we had a discussion about the hotel's protocol in dealing with these issues which included not renting the room and the rooms above/below/adjacent to it until the exterminator can examine. The room we were moved to showed no evidence of bedbugs and we accepted the room. A hotel can't control what guests take with them into the room it can only control how it deals with problems when they do arise. What is of some concern though is that our friends checked into the hotel a few hours after us and were given the room with the dead bug. Maybe the manager was confident it wasn't a bedbug but if I were the manager I wouldn't have rented the room until I had my exterminator take a look.

The Valet at the hotel is a complete disaster. They lost our ticket the first morning and therefore couldn't find our key. Not a big deal as I looked at all the keys and pointed ours out. We we returned to the hotel I told the valet that the previous valet lost our ticket so he gave us a handwritten ticket to match the previous lost ticket. When I presented the handwritten ticket the next valet still couldn't find my key because the handwritten number didn't match any of the keys. Not a big deal I just pointed out my keys again. The following morning we went to check out of the hotel at 7am and we were the only ones at valet. I handed in my ticket and the valet brought up my car but a second valet brought the car back to the garage because he didn't know the car was going out. When I asked where my car was the valet apologized and ran to get my car but the only problem was that he brought up the wrong car. After about 20 minutes they finally got it right.

Pros: Beds were comfy and the breakfast was decent though the buffet options were a little limited.

Next time I'll stay at the Hilton down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeBethesda, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to help us improve our hotel and service to our guests, we take the feedback we receive very seriously. We greatly appreciate your understanding and realistic approach that we cannot control everything which is brought into our hotel rooms, but only how we deal with it. We apologize that you found a bug in your room and want you to be aware that we followed our proper protocols and immediately put this room out of order and contacted our pest control company. The company came out and inspected the room and found no evidence of any type of bug. Once we receive the report confirming that there were no pests were found, the room was placed back into available inventory.
We also would like to apologize for your Valet experience as this is not the norm. We never want our guests to be kept waiting and we appreciate your understanding with the situation.
Your feedback is well taken and we have shared this with our team so that we can improve our service to all of our guests. We hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip back to Bethesda so that we can exceed your expectations.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for a convention over a weekend. Valet parking & hotel check-in were both swift & friendly. The room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. The meeting facilities for the convention were more than adequate. There are a variety of restaurants, in terms of cuisine & price range, within walking distance.of the hotel. We stayed on an upper floor, and had no trouble getting an elevator resonably quickly (this can be an unexpected difficulty at some hotels).
Good luck if you need a consistent & reliable wi-fi connection in your room. Our room was centrally located along the hall and none of the three devices I had with me could keep a wi-fi connection; usually I couldn't even log on. Other hotels seem to have no trouble like this one does with wi-fi, but other than that I have no complaints about the accommodations or the service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for family wedding. Very convenient as reception was at this hotel. The food was surprisingly good (I did not really have high expectations though)- both room service and downstairs dining. We had a junior suite and our family of four stayed comfortably. Downside is valet parking seems expensive for this part of town and we ended up waiting 30 minutes for our car to be retrieved (!) & almost made us late for wedding so plan ahead on this-- poor design of parking garage/drop off that has been mentioned in previous posts. I think on weekends can save money by parking near hotel (need to put money in meter until 10 pm)-- we didn't get a chance to do this option.

Basically, clean and good value for a hotel.

Room Tip: junior suite fairly spacious and can save some $ compared to regular suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Although you have highlighted some positive aspects of your recent stay with us, we do appreciate the details of your concerns, so we can address and correct the deficiencies. Thank you again for taking valuable time to share your comments.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!