“Saved our weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Saved our weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We checked into a differnt hotel on 6/29/12 was about 100 feet away from the Doubletree. That hotel was a disaster and 5 hours later we were in a clean, cool and beautiful room at the Doubletree. The staff felt bad that our vacation started so bad - worked with us to get a great rate and the customer service was exceptional. We will stay there again this year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

You have to love a hotel stay that starts with a warm cookie that packs 300 calories. Conveniently located in Bethesda, any ethnic restaurant is a short walk away. The Doubletree offers shuttle transportation to area metros and Walter Reed Bethesda hospital. Military rates and AAA are available.

The clean rooms are renovated with Kohler bathroom fixtures, free in room wifi and feather pillows topping comfortable beds. Vanity items are Crabtree and Evelyn. Towels are soft, but the toilet paper is not. There are no slippers, robe, or fridge in the room, but there is a safe. The TV's are large flatscreen Panasonics.

I was impressed that the room had a card to list items requiring attention. My request was taken care of immediately without even picking up the phone. I also appreciated the 2 complementary small water bottles each day in this 100 degree heat and the recycle bin.

I also changed my arrival and departure dates 3 times and was pleased that the front desk accommodated me without change fees.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with corner windows, they feel larger.
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

First of all i think it's only fair to explain that the location of this property...eventhough it says Bethesda, it is actually almost by the freeway, therefore at the very end of Bethesda.
It is beutifully decorated indeed, the pool in the roof very nice and the rooms were clean. However, seems to us that they built a Hotel in a space that wasn't there, in other words...they have vallet parking, yet they truly have NO space to cover that. Not only you need to pull from a very busy road into an extremely narrow parking area, but the same space you are pulling in, someone else is trying to get out. In short: the vallet parking, the space in the parking and the shift that was the morning i arrived (07/06/12 ) was a complete chaos! My car got scratched by another car while parked right at the entrance, a lady with her 95 year old father waiting forever for her car, the 2 men in charge of vallet parking that day completely lack knwoledge, speed, common sense i'm afraid... (unlike the evening shift which was really sharp). The arrival was already an extremely dissapointment, the staff did nothing for us, even the GM just showed up and did nothing nor offered anything at least to make us feel like they cared about us. Complete lack of customer service skills!! We dislike having to write all this in here, we are not the complaining kind of people at all....but we feel like we need to report it.

Room Tip: An ok Hotel, not in the best location...if you have a car...choose somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
washington, dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

So I had to book 7 rooms for employees coming from out of town for a meeting for 3 nights. The meeting was cancelled. Well not only do they charge for the date because of the late cancellation - which I understand but they CHARGE FOR EVERYDAY OF THE BOOKING. Yes that's 7 rooms times 3.
That people is unreasonable! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Book a Marriott or a hotel in the dicey area of New York Avenue Washington. At least you know you will be robbed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were in town for a wedding in Georgetown and really had a fantastic experience at this property. The hotel looks like it was renovated in the last year; it is very modern, sleek and upscale. Probably the best thing about this hotel is its location. We met friends there Friday and we able to walk to dinner--I kid you not, there must be 100+ restaurants/bars within walking distance. The metro stop was also close by although we didnt end up having time Saturday to go into DC. I really enjoyed the workout room and they have a really nice rooftop pool that even had a lifeguard there on Saturday. We left the kids at home, but had they been there, they would have loved it. Our guestroom was absolutely huge with a very large HD TV(maybe 42") and the picture was excellent. Our checkin experience was one of the best I've ever had--I wish I could remember her name and there was an outstanding hispanic server at breakfast.
Overall I cannot site one thing that would prevent me from staying there every time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. The check-in and out was very quick and efficient, and the warm chocolate chip cookie they give everyone at check-in is a nice touch. I agree with other posters that it is difficult to figure out where the hotel entrance is!

My room was nice, spacious, with a very comfortable bed and pillows and nice desk area, and plenty of plugs!. The bathroom was small but adequate (although they should make the door open OUT!). The Starbucks in the lobby had slow service the 2 times I went there, and one time the person working there was rather surly. The elevators are slow at times, only 3 smallish elevators is not enough to handle the traffic at "rush hour" (when meetings in the hotel are getting started in the morning, for example).

There are many restaurants within a short walk of the hotel, and you can easily get here from the Bethesda Metro station (about a 15-min walk or a free ride on the Bethesda Circulator bus).

Caesarea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel while attending a two day meeting at the National Institutes of Health. I arrived at the hotel early in the day after an international flight. Inspite of the early arrival, a room was available and the check-in was very fast. The friendly staff at reception, noticed that I had a made a second reservation made with a booking agency and urged me to make sure this had been properly cancelled, which it was. I got a better deal by reserving throught the hotel 's website directly.The room was very large and had a large LCD TV in addition to the standard ammenities. There are many restaurants in the area and the staff at reception were kind enough to provide a list of all the restaurants in Bethesda and go through which ones were close to hotel and what their specialties were. We had a pleasant dinner at the Woodmont Grill a few blocks away. The hotel has a shuttle bus every hour that goes to the entrance of the NIH visitors center and the adjacent Medical Center metro station. We missed it one morning and the driver was kind enough to make a special trip take me and two other guests to the NIH. I did encounter some problems with the Wifi system. I wasn't able to get online early one morning. However there was a Lan cable also in the room that worked fine. There is a card on the desk providing instructions on how to send from the room a print request to the hotel's business center using the Print To Go system. The email address given on the card for the hotel was incorrect. I was able to get on to the service's website and upload the document and get an printout ID number. However, when I went down to the Business Center to retrieve the print out, the terminal for this service was dead. I called the front desk and within a minute an electrician arrived who checked out the terminal and said it couldn't be started. Although there were many operating terminals in the business center, I didn't have the option to access the email with my boarding pass from any internet terminal. However, the receptionist at the front desk was extraordinarly helpful and asked me to forward the email to his personal account at the Hilton. I did so from my cellular phone and he was able to quickly locate it and print it out. The IT at the hotel may have left something to be desired but the hotel staff more than made up for it. On my next meeting at the NIH, I will plan to stay at the Doubletree Hotel again.

Room Tip: Forget using the Print to Go service and just go down to the Business Center and use one of their te...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!