“Nice hotel in Bethesda” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, NY
“Nice hotel in Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel was a nice place to spend two days during a business trip to Bethesda. The bed was very comfortable and it was a nice surprise to get a room with a balcony. It was nicely furnished and the bath was clean and well laid out. The only downside for the hotel is that it only had valet parking and the Metro stop is a bit of a hike down the street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe this is a Hilton! Such an embarrassment to the, normally, amazing hotel chain. Over priced! The Super 8 or Motel 6 would have been better and cheaper than this.

• Stayed March 2012
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please feel free to contact my office directly with more detail about your experience, so I can address your concerns.
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our company originally was going to stay at another property, but there was a mixup and we ended up at the Doubletree Bethesda. All i can say is, it was meant to be. The property is much better than most in the area. The sleeping rooms are clean and has an airpurifier. The conference rooms are spacious, the staff are extremely friendly (always smiling) and accommodating. As the onsite support person from my company, I was spoiled rotten by the staff, they bent over backwards to help me. The hotel's free shuttle service for my group to and from the Metro was very helpful as well. I look forward to my next meeting. I miss the staff already. :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Overall I think the hotel and rooms were clean, modern and the hotel was near some great restaurants.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My rooms was clean and well appointed, the Meeting Room was functional and had everything our group needed, the breaks (which were out all day) made it s that if we wanted to take 10 miuntes off from the meeting we had food and drinks waiting fo us and the staff did absolutley anything they could to accomodate our needs. I dont know how anyone could go wrong here.

Room Tip: The Pure Rooms here gave me the best night's sleep I have had in a hotel room in a very long tim...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Laytonsville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

What a great place. Very modern decor, great food, service and very clean. We went to dinner in Bethesda for Valentine's Day (we're locals) and decided to spend the night instead of driving home.

The hotel manager, Salim, new it was a special night so he asked me for pictures of us (which he framed and put in the room) and he also delivered chocolate covered strawberrys and champagne!

The room was perfect with a nice balcony and views of Bethesda.

Definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a balcony view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at the DoubleTree Bethesda for two nights over the weekend. Since I've enjoyed suites at other DoubleTree hotels, I decided to go for a suite again. Definitely a wise choice as even the junior suite at this hotel is incredibly spacious. When you first step into the room, the bathroom is directly in front of you with the sitting area off to the right and the bedroom to the left. The ceilings are really high, with a floor to ceiling window in the sitting area. Unfortunately that is the only window as the bedroom has none. Really disappointed about that.

Both rooms have large flat screen t.v.'s. The sitting room has a microwave and mini-fridge which was really helpful when storing/heating up leftovers. The microwave is very old though--does not even have a digital screen, just a knob you turn for the timer. The mini-fridge also looked a bit beat up. But both items proved useful nonetheless.

The sofa-bed in the sitting room was by far the worst I've seen at any hotel. After opening up the sofa I discovered that not only was the mattress ripped it was also missing both the fitted and flat sheet. After pulling the flat sheet off of the bed in the bedroom, I put it onto the sofa bed and tested the mattress. It was terrible; I could feel every spring and coil in the mattress pressing into my back. I ended up asking housekeeping for a blanket so I could add some cushion to this awful mattress. Thankfully, I was not the one sleeping on the sofa bed. The mattress in the bedroom was very comfortable. I definitely enjoyed the down blanket and down filled pillows.

Although the bathroom was small, but it was well lit with a large mirror, updated fixtures and a decent size tub. There was also another sink right outside the bathroom door which was great with more than one person trying to get ready in the morning.

The wi-fi is absolutely abysmal. It was impossible to watch videos on my laptop as they buffered repeatedly every few minutes. I ended up having to tether my phone to my laptop to remedy the situation.

One amenity I was surprised they had was the pantry. I am a Hilton Gold member so I am not sure if this amenity was exclusive to Hilton members or all guests. The pantry is a little lounge you access with your room key. Inside the lounge are snacks, juice, water, even ice cream and frozen breakfast sandwiches. Very nice!

If you're looking for more than a snack, the food at the hotel is also quite good. The room service menu is a bit on the small side, but there are more than a few items that were definitely above average. The room service attendants always brought the food quickly--they were friendly and very helpful. I was really annoyed at the number of times my order had items missing though. I ordered steak twice and both times I did not receive a steak knife. I ordered a side of seasonal berries which stated it came with sugar and cream but I only received sugar. I ordered a cobb salad which was missing all of the fixings except the cheese and dressing. I ordered fruit pancakes which were supposed to have bananas, blueberries and lemon curd but only got the bananas. Maybe they should take a look at their own menu before they continually send up incomplete meals. Again, the food was good but my orders were repeatedly missing items.

I'd be willing to stay at the hotel again if there are rooms with more than just one window, better wi-fi, and my room service orders were correct. The staff are all professional and friendly so that was a big plus. Hopefully my next visit will be better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback regarding your recent stay. Obviously we did not meet all your expectations, however your time in sharing the positives is very much appreciated. unfortunately only one corner floor to ceiling window is in every room, except room for our two room executive suites where the bedroom and living room each have a window. I would like to invite you back to stay if you want to with T-1 speed and room service on me. please contact my office directly so I can make the reservation for you. Again many thanks for letting me know of your experience

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!