“Couldn't ask for more” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Couldn't ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had our wedding here at the Doubletree Hotel in April of 2011 and it was the best experience. We had almost all of our guests come in from out of town and they stayed here too. The staff is amazing, all of the rooms are huge and the dining is excellent! Thank you Doubletree for everything :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charleston, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

The Doubletree is a fine hotel and one of the best deals around. But, what really makes it great is the staff at the front desk. Anita & Tamara were tops. Additionally, all maintenance and housekeeping staff are always pleasant. Free parking in county garage behind the hotel on the weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for two sinks.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I spent two nights at the Doubletree Hotel in Bethesda last October for work.
I was surprised by the nice service and rooms. Price is reasonable and location is good. some 4 blocks from the Bethesda Metro, and on Wisconsin Ave.
They also provide free internet access and speedy check out.
I do recommend it.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice weekend getaway. "pure" rooms, newly renovated. Comfey beds with lots of great pillows. Within walking distance of sooo many great restraunts. Staff great. Room service for breakfast very good, but super expensive. Overall, loved the room!

Room Tip: Floors higher up provide great view. We had a corner view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We used this hotel as the base for our wedding, and were very pleased. The rooms are nothing amazing - just basic hotel rooms that have been updated recently and show very little wear-and-tear. The staff was incredibly helpful when needed, and the location was ideal both for our rehearsal dinner and wedding itself; plus, our out-of-town guests could easily find it. The free parking in Bethesda was a rarity that we enjoyed, too!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Another quick in/quick out stay in DC for business. I only stayed one night and was not particularly impressed. I don't know what it is about Bethesda hotels and miserable room service but I am 0 for 2 in this regard. First, the hotel is not convenient to public transportation. It's in between the Bethesda and Medical Center stops, so you have a good walk dragging luggage if you come from the metro. This walk is not cute at night, as everything is dead. Anyway, I arrived late evening, and just wanted a snack instead of a full meal, so I ordered fries from room service. I waited for quite a long time and after 1 hour, I decided I ought to call. The staff member who answered couldn't say if they were coming and didn't really know what the status of the order was. Great, inspires lots of confidence that they are coming at all. Maybe 10 minutes after that room service brings the fries and says something happened and the order was never put in, or somesuch. Hardly any apology, just had me sign the bill with tip included. However, a manager then calls back and apologizes more appropriately and says he'll take the order off the bill.

But then come morning at the time of check out, the order is still on there. I asked the front desk person about it and she looked at me dubiously and asked the name of the manager who said this. Obviously I had no idea. She did take it off but it rubbed me the wrong way that 1) first they screw up a very simple order; and 2) they purport to rectify it but then don't, perhaps assuming they'll get over because I wouldn't scrutinize the bill carefully. Of course this incident doesn't exactly rate as the worst hotel experience ever, but these kinds of small things are what separate good hotels from the rest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. We obviously failed to meet your expectations upon your check-in, as our room service hours expired prior to your arrival. We will be testing a late night menu of various cold sandwiches and salads to meet the need of our late arriving guests. I regret your experience and welcome the opportunity upon your return visit to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact the hotel and notify us of your anticipated arrival, should your travel be delayed and we will prepare a late night care packet for you. thank you again for taking the time to write us.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was my 4th visit to the Bethesda Doubletree. First, let me say they have a fantastic staff. That said, the hotel is clearly going for the large meeting market. This has its downside for those of us who are looking for a quiet place to stay. We were surrounded by loud guys, pounding on each others doors and the place was pervaded with cigar smoke. Even as we initially walked down the corridor the day before to our room, I picked up on unpleasant smoke smells. This is supposed to be a smoke free hotel. However, it is in danger of becoming "animal house", as those attending the meetings act out. I'm sad that we may not stay here again. There are also ongoing problems with their wifi. This visit I talked with a support guy in Poland. Last visit, it was a guy in Canada.

Such a great staff deserves a better environment. (And as someone else pointed out, the room carpets are sticky.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience this past weekend. Although we had various groups in the hotel celebrating and participating in several events, by no means should other patrons' behavior be obtrusive to our remaining guests. We have been and remain committed to guest comfort as our top priority and when certain guests violate the code of conduct, we immediately take action to address the matter. You are correct about our staff, as they are empowered and vigilant to address any guest need or concern brought to their attention. We hope this past experience will not deter from your return. I am requesting that you contact my office directly to make your next reservation for travel to this area, so I can guarantee your comfort and insure that we deliver in the manner to which you have been accustomed during your past visits. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!