“This was our second visit” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now. Save Up To 20%
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“This was our second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was for a wedding and this was for my birthday. The hotel is very consistent. The service is good and the staff is attentive. The location is just right for walking around Bethesda.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Dear Doubletree,

Last week, my company paid you an ungodly sum of money for us to stay for a few days. You asked for my debit card for "incidentals", I said fine.

Then you charged a higher ungodly sum of money to my debit card...as well as that of my coworker and my company. Your charge was so high, it bounced my rent check.

Your charge was so high, you froze my account while I was leaving for Europe right after. I was standing in the middle of the English countryside checking into my hotel and found my room unbooked because you got my card declined. My card was declined at restaurants, hotels, shops. You almost forced a cancellation on every single leg of my trip.

You forced me to cancel my plans to Amsterdam in order to make an emergency deposit of my cash in hand at 6 am at the airport in order to ensure my bills are paid.

When I called you (On a layover in Texas no less), you referred me to a manager who never called me back. It took involving my boss multiple phone calls to get the charge reversed, which was an embarassment to myself and to your institution.

You ruined my plans, my bank account and my stay. I hope no corporate entities will ever book a stay in your hotel again. Doubletree will attempt to make multiple charges on everyone's account and ruin their stay.

I wish there was an option for no stars.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I do regret the challenges you faced as a result of this Debit Card transaction. Unfortunately DC restrictions are different from traditional credit cards, hence the signage at our guest registration desk. The Priceline reservation made by your company was never prepaid. This forced the use of your own debit card a check-in. Once your company corrected this error and provided a corporate card, we adjusted the charges immediately. Yet funds are not always released in a timely manner by the bank. I regret this incident and wish to thank you again for your understanding and for taking the time to share this feedback.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We have stayed here several times and are always pleased with the hotel. The rooms are clean, breakfast is nice, and the overall service and value is excellent. Also a good location for getting into DC.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. Most hotel guests do not take the time to share their comments, so we are greatful for your feedback. We do appreciate your patronage and look forward to your future returns, so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Severna Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

“Great place”- stayed there with my husband for his company’s retreat and we got the royal treatment. Staff was outstanding, the cookies were fattening but too good to avoid. So much to do in the area.. I am coming back with just the girls for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Coupled with our recent remodel and great staff we are fortunate to also be in such a great location with over 100 shops, restaurants and entertainment venues in walking distance. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return visit with your guests so we can the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I am 2 nights into a 5 night business stay but I will be shortly investigating a shift to another hotel from myself and staff for the remainder of our stay.

The Bad;
1. Construction/ renovations are currently underway between 09:00 and 15:30. I am using this hotel as a base for meetings and short of yelling to each other I was unable to verbally communicate with someone at my restaurant table at 09:30 this morning. Construction/ jack hammering noise and vibration is also quite in the rooms.

2. As I type I can see several large items of food left sitting under the in room AC unit by a previous guest.

3. I have encountered 3 vending floor vending machines that do not work and at least one (mine) that does not have one at all.

The Good;
1. Service staff encountered are friendly.

2. Hotel is well positioned to local restaurants and the Metro.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I regret the experience you recently had at our hotel and wish to apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the final weeks of our hotel upgrades and although our attempt at scheduling the work during a time when most guests are away from the property, we failed to protect you and your guests. I wish to invite you back to see the New Doubletree By Hilton, as we wrap up our enhancements by February 22nd. Please contact my office directly for an update on all our improvements, should your travels bring you back to the area in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree with my wife as part of a weekend getaway. I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great rate, so I am not terribly upset that the hotel didn't thrill me. We arrived at the hotel late at night, about 10 o'clock and found that the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations. There was no valet at the valet booth and we had to go inside the lobby to find out where to park. After parking in a lot across the street, we checked in and received our free cookies. The room was decent, but nothing special. It was dated and the furniture was too big for the room. However, the room had a nice layout, with the bathroom and closet area in a hallway separate from the sleeping area. The location of the hotel is alright. There are several restaurants right around the hotel, but it isn't in the middle of downtown Bethesda.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for your patronage and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return visit as we wrap up our enhancements. Soon all our guests will enjoy new bathrooms, new dressers with new 42" flat panel televisions in every room, as well as a new more comfortable sitting area in our lobby. We hope your travels bring you back to the area to enjoy the new Doubletree and the area's 100+ restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

I usually stay in Doubletrees when traveling for business and love the beds and the cookies. So when my husband and I decided last minute to "get away" for a night, we chose the Doubletree in Bethesda - close to home, and we were looking forward to the awesome beds. Unfortunately, I booked the hotel without knowing it was undergoing renovation. Not a really big deal, but the parking was a little confusing, and we ended up parking in a public lot across the street. I'm also surprised I didn't see any notice of the renovations on the Doubletree website... there was no indication that we would expect this. Our welcome cookies were old and burned (HUGE disappointment!) and the bed felt lumpy... completely unlike other Doubletree Hotel beds (another huge disappointment). And... the down comforter was NOT in a duvet case - it was in between two sheets!!! In my opinion, this is really disgusting. I would have said something had I noticed sooner.

So, yeah... I'm sure this hotel is still nice in comparison to others, but by Doubletree standards, I would say this is currently on the low end. I will say the renovations are starting to look really nice, and I hope it will be a nice hotel someday soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Although the parking garage was under renovations, our 24hr valet service is always available to assist with your parking needs to save time and hassel of using other parking options. We do value client feedback and take these comments seriously, as they are not the norm for our hotel. I am committed to reversing your impressions and would like to invite you back as my guest upon your next opportunity for a getaway. Please contact my office directly to make your reservations at your convenience to we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and regain your trust in our Doubletree.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!