“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is right next to Marriott world headquarters, and it shows. It may not be a 5 star hotel, but I give it a ranking of 5 because they do everything very well. The service is exceptional (the answer is always "yes"), the rooms and the entire hotel are nicely appointed, and even the food is excellent (which is rarely the case in hotels). Even more surprising, we were there on an off-weekend, and the food was still excellent. Considering all the rooms are two room suites, this is an exceptional value. This hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway, and if you are in that area there is simply no better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings JRRF - Thank you for the excellent review and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you found the service to be exceptional and the food quality to be excellent. We were also happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious two rooms suites and that you found them to be an exceptional value. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Denville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have family in the area and this has been our go to hotel for family visits for years. The rooms are spacious enough for us, we enjoy having the separate sleeping/lounge areas since we tend to go to bed at different times. Over the years my son used the pull out couch but that is no longer necessary as he gets his own room now. The towels are cushy soft, the sink area is separate from the 'water closet' area which is very convenient.
The staff has always been helpful and attentive to our needs, always greeted by all staff with warm greetings. Our family loves when we visit because then everyone comes over for a wonderful breakfast. We advise the restaurant of the size of our group and they always manage to be able to seat us in the back room. The food is wonderful and we all proclaim they have the best oatmeal we have ever had (I only eat oatmeal here).

The only downside to staying here is the cost of WiFi and parking. Why should I need to pay $12 - $15 when so many other hotels provide this service for free? Perhaps the fee for the WiFi wouldn't be so annoying but that would be on top of the $15.00 parking fee which in reality is adding $30.00 to our room rate when using both services.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Greetings Laura R - Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious sleeping rooms as well as the wonderful food during breakfast. I was happy to read that you found the staff to be very helpful and attentive. Thank you for your feedback about the parking and WiFi charges. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town visiting your family.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the Bethesda Marriott Suites mid-December, and was very happy with both the level of service I experienced, as well as the food and amenities offered.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. When I got in late from a meeting in DC, they greeted me at the door and asked if they could watch my bag while I went and got something to eat. They alerted me the kitchen was about to close and they wanted me to get dinner before checking in. Very classy, and I appreciated them looking out for me.

The reason for 4 stars instead of 5, is the parking situation. In the back of the hotel is a parking garage. I wouldn't have minded if it was free, but they charge for the parking. Also, the first time you visit there aren't many signs to indicate you can enter the hotel via the elevator in the garage. On a very cold night I ended up walking all the way around to the front entrance which was unnecessary if I knew there was an entrance on the second level of the garage.

All in all, a good stay with great staff and great food/drinks.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hello Mark U - I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your very nice comments about the front desk team as well as the great food and beverage. I am sorry that you found the parking to be to be confusing and that you had to walk around outside to the front entrance instead of using the covered walkway we provide. I will look at our signage and see if we can make any improvements.
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Huge rooms with comfortable beds , latwst bathrooms and seprate dressing space , excellent location and coffee shop restaurent in the lobby .

centrally heated pool and health club perfect for weekend & business traveller's

• Stayed June 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2014
Hello TeenaNewDelhi - Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed the huge rooms and comfortable beds. We hope to see you again in the near future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

I was on business trip to Bethesda and stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. First the positives about the hotel :

1. Rooms are big, clean and nice.
2. Hotel has a very nearby mall.
3. Shuttle service to mall.
4. Check-in and check-out process was smooth and quick.
5. Decent food in the restaurant.

Things I really feel can improve the reputation of Hotel :

1. Amenities in the room are very basic. Even you find then lacking in toiletries. For namesake they provided soap, a shampoo, hair conditioner and a moisturizer. Have to call up customer services for dental kit and shaving kit. Really i found hotel lacking on this front.

2. Shuttle to Metro Station : They provided shuttle service every 2 hours. If you miss one, either you wait for 2 hours or get an taxi for around 15 dollars to reach metro station.

3. Buffet Breakfast has limited options.

4. I have marriot reward membership and i requested at checkout to make sure my stay is updated in rewards program and they confirmed its done. But till date its not reflecting in my account.

5. No help was extended to shift my luggage from reception to room and vice-versa. This was bit annoying experience.

6. There was a ballroom near to my room and there were so many noises coming from ballroom. One particular day I remember there was an 50th Anniversary of an couple was going on and I have to bear with loud music till late night.
Mgmt should look into this serious problem.

Room Tip: Dont take rooms on lower floor due to lot of noise. I think rooms on higher floors are more quite.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Bethesda Suites Marriott. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel as well as the areas of improvement. I can assure you we pride ourselves on exceptional service and I will share your review with the appropriate departments. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly if there is anything additional at debbie.niswonger@marriott.com.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I would absolutely stay here again. The hotel room was really nice, my only complaint is that the bathroom was a bit outdated and on the small side. Otherwise, the entire hotel was nice - they even had Starbucks coffee offered near their bar. The staff was so helpful and kind!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Greetings JRaeWilk - Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read that you felt the staff was helpful and kind and that you would absolutely stay here again. If I can ever be of assistance with a future stay, please do hesitate to contact me.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

I found this to be an excellent hotel. Stayed here for four nights to attend a wedding and enjoyed the accommodations very much. The location is perfect. The parking is accessible and was provided free of charge. The public rooms were nice and never crowded. The computers in the lobby were a great benefit for printing my boarding passes without any problem.

The breakfast was good and reasonably priced and the servers were very friendly.

The manager was at the front desk day and night and always making sure that things were working properly. The free newspapers (NYT, Post, etc.) was a nice touch.

I have stayed In hundreds of hotels all over the World and find the Bethesda Marriott Suites a very nice one.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Hello Sonia W - Thank you for the great comments as well as the excellent review, it is very much appreciated. We are very happy that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!