“Super comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
New Delhi
“Super comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Huge rooms with comfortable beds , latwst bathrooms and seprate dressing space , excellent location and coffee shop restaurent in the lobby .

centrally heated pool and health club perfect for weekend & business traveller's

• Stayed June 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello TeenaNewDelhi - Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed the huge rooms and comfortable beds. We hope to see you again in the near future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was on business trip to Bethesda and stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. First the positives about the hotel :

1. Rooms are big, clean and nice.
2. Hotel has a very nearby mall.
3. Shuttle service to mall.
4. Check-in and check-out process was smooth and quick.
5. Decent food in the restaurant.

Things I really feel can improve the reputation of Hotel :

1. Amenities in the room are very basic. Even you find then lacking in toiletries. For namesake they provided soap, a shampoo, hair conditioner and a moisturizer. Have to call up customer services for dental kit and shaving kit. Really i found hotel lacking on this front.

2. Shuttle to Metro Station : They provided shuttle service every 2 hours. If you miss one, either you wait for 2 hours or get an taxi for around 15 dollars to reach metro station.

3. Buffet Breakfast has limited options.

4. I have marriot reward membership and i requested at checkout to make sure my stay is updated in rewards program and they confirmed its done. But till date its not reflecting in my account.

5. No help was extended to shift my luggage from reception to room and vice-versa. This was bit annoying experience.

6. There was a ballroom near to my room and there were so many noises coming from ballroom. One particular day I remember there was an 50th Anniversary of an couple was going on and I have to bear with loud music till late night.
Mgmt should look into this serious problem.

Room Tip: Dont take rooms on lower floor due to lot of noise. I think rooms on higher floors are more quite.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello, thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Bethesda Suites Marriott. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel as well as the areas of improvement. I can assure you we pride ourselves on exceptional service and I will share your review with the appropriate departments. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly if there is anything additional at debbie.niswonger@marriott.com.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would absolutely stay here again. The hotel room was really nice, my only complaint is that the bathroom was a bit outdated and on the small side. Otherwise, the entire hotel was nice - they even had Starbucks coffee offered near their bar. The staff was so helpful and kind!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings JRaeWilk - Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read that you felt the staff was helpful and kind and that you would absolutely stay here again. If I can ever be of assistance with a future stay, please do hesitate to contact me.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this to be an excellent hotel. Stayed here for four nights to attend a wedding and enjoyed the accommodations very much. The location is perfect. The parking is accessible and was provided free of charge. The public rooms were nice and never crowded. The computers in the lobby were a great benefit for printing my boarding passes without any problem.

The breakfast was good and reasonably priced and the servers were very friendly.

The manager was at the front desk day and night and always making sure that things were working properly. The free newspapers (NYT, Post, etc.) was a nice touch.

I have stayed In hundreds of hotels all over the World and find the Bethesda Marriott Suites a very nice one.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hello Sonia W - Thank you for the great comments as well as the excellent review, it is very much appreciated. We are very happy that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I can get free WIFI at the donut shop, but NOT my hotel room, WHAT!?!?! I would expect this from a low budget place, but this is the Marriott! I expect these things to be included in the price. Mandatory parking fee of $15. I was afraid to open up a coffee pack, because the water next to it was $4.50. If you plan to stay here, ask for a list of items you might have to pay extra for. Otherwise, the staff was delightful. The indoor pool and spa were great and opened late on the weekend. The pull out sofa bed seemed worn.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello GldnGrl - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. With regards to the free Wi-FI, I wanted to let you know that effective January 15, 2015, Marriott hotels will begin providing free WI-FI to all Marriott Rewards members who book directly via Marriott.com, Marriott's mobile app, 1-800 Marriott, or through a Marriott- branded hotel. Thanks for the nice comments about the hotel staff and Im glad you enjoyed the indoor pool. If you would like to speak further, I can be reached at marty.roth@marriott .com or (301) 571-2201.
Champion, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I stayed this past weekend after some booking issues at another Marriott. The secretary who made our reservations made them for the wrong dates at a different Marriott hotel that was booked this weekend. When we came the the Marriott Suites they were very accommodating and even cancelled our other reservations (that were for the wrong date). They were patient with me as I figured out the mix up and offered to help as much as possible. The rooms were comfortable and included a King bed and a pull out couch in the living room. The rooms were quiet and clean and very convenient in location.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Greetings alf6065 - Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and for the excellent rating. We are glad that you found the staff to be very accomodating as well as the sleeping rooms being comfortable and clean. We hope to see you again in the near future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Concord, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

Overall, Marriott does a great job but we really felt like they squeezed every dime out of us they could for things we had no choice but to pay. Wifi was $12 for the day (no hourly rate we saw), parking was mandatory, confusing to deal with, and expensive. Even the bottle of water in the room was around $5. So the "deal " we got ended up being no deal.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Hello ConcordAnn- Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you felt the hotel was squeezing every dime out of you. This is not our intention. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you further about this. I can be reached at marty.roth@marriott.com or (301) 571-2201. I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!