“Glad we stayed there” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
New Milford, New Jersey
“Glad we stayed there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel. We were not disappointed. From the moment we inquired at the front desk about a reservation, we were greeted by warm and friendly staff members. We stayed in a lovely suite. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well maintained. We stayed in a room with a king bed, the living area was roomy and very comfortable. On Tuesdays through Thursday they offer a small selection of food from 6:00- 7:30pm. That night it was meatballs with sauce, salad, bread and a few other snacks. We had been driving all day and decided to go out for a bite, so we can't comment of the food. We just thought it was nice to offer it to the guests. The location is very convenient, you can walk to nearby shops and restaurants. The next morning we ate breakfast. The food was pleasant and the staff very attentive. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hello pat g - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be warm and friendly and that overall you had a very positive experience. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is the best Marriott I have stayed at. The staff downstairs were exceptionally courteous and are literally standing around so they can offer you smiles. My room was $229/night and it was a beautiful suite. It had a microwave and refrigerator and a nice table and comfy executive chair. And I loved the water pressure in the shower!

I had really great experiences with the bartender/Starbucks maker downstairs. I think his name was Alonso and he was super friendly and helpful every time I talked to him.

I will say its best to avoid the on site restaurant. There were four of us who stayed here for the week and nothing we ate was ever good. By the end of the week everyone was hating the restaurant. It's also overly priced. Example theres a $28 breakfast buffet. I spent $31 on two super small crab cakes that left me feeling sick. I highly suggest trying to find something in the area to eat instead of here.

On a side note there is a shopping mall a very short distance away. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you there and bring you back.

Other than the restaurant, I enjoyed my stay and will likely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Hello Misty P - I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your comments about the exceptionally courteous staff as well as the beautiful suite. I will make sure that Alonso gets properly recognized for his super friendly service. I was very disappointed to read about the poor food quality at the restauraunt. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that our objective is to provide superior quality food, so when we fall short of that goal it is not taken lightly. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you about your restaurant experience in more detail. I can be reached at marty.roth@marriott.com or (301) 571-2201. Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience so that we may have the opportunity to learn and improve from it.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was super friendly. My husband commented on the comfort of the mattress and said it was the best sleep he had in a hotel in months. We checked in late and we still were able to get a very good meal at the bar.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hello RTGJK - Thank you very much for the great review. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed the super friendly staff as well as the food quality at the bar. Im glad your husband was able to have one of the best nights sleep he has had in a hotel in a very long time. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This certainly isn't the newest hotel in Bethesda, and while it is starting to show it's age it is a great value for the money. The real selling point for me is that the rooms are all suites. I stayed here with my wife and son and it was nice to have a separate bedroom and then a pullout couch in the living area. It was also nice that the price was the same as other hotels in the area that do not even have the suite setup. Parking is easy and included in the room price (at least it was for me). The only negative I can point out is that although it is a Marriott Suites, there is no concierge floor or lounge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello Ken T - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to read that you liked the layout and spacious size of the sleeping room as well as the ease and convenience of the parking garage. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests on your next visit to the Bethesda area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on it's supposed amenities and location. I had a meeting at NIH early in the morning and the web site claimed there was a free shuttle to NIH. Not true. There was a shuttle to a metro station (not NIH's) or I could walk to one of the NIH rental buildings in the vicinity and hope the NIH employee shuttle would let me on. In addition, many of the restaurants listed as "dining nearby" are no longer in business. I would definitely find alternate marriott hotels in the vicinity

• Stayed July 2014
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear SmallTownTravelRX,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologize that we did not effectively communicate our shuttle service to NIH. We will be reviewing our website to ensure the information is accurate so that in the future our guests do not have the same experience. We provide a shuttle to the Grovesnor Metro Station and several local offices that does include the NIH facility on Rockledge Dr. We will also review our local restaurant listings and adjust as needed; thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at debbie.niswonger@marriott.com or 301-897-5600 if I can be of any further assistance.
Palmyra, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here for business but I will make sure to bring the family next time. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff very professional. Nice bar and great food. The pool looked like a lot of fun a combination of indoor and outdoor. Keep up the great work,

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello Ludamibe - Thank you very much for the excellent review. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and it seems as though we achieved our goal. I appreciate the comment about the professional staff and will be sure to pass the comment onto the team. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests on your next visit to Bethesda.
Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends who lived nearby and it was very comfortable and convenient. We had a king room with queen pull out sofa, perfect for our family of four. The bedroom/bathroom/closet layout was wonderfully spacious. The room was spotlessly clean. The king bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. This is also the first hotel that had more comfortable pillows than the ones I brought with me. There were a ton of pillows making it easy to sit up and read in bed or watch TV. We had two TVs which is nice. The food area had a huge counter, bar sink and fridge which was perfect for making light meals and snacks. One big complaint: the basic wi-fi was approx $18 per day. We get free wi-fi at the small chain hotels and this came across as very cheap and stingy. We received two nights free when we complained but that was only half our stay. A couple of small complaints: 1.The outdoor pool was dirty and cloudy, human hair got caught in your fingers as you swam, they needed to clean the filter. Also it closed while it was still light outside and my kids wanted to swim. 2.The room layout was a bit awkward - with the sofa bed open in the living room you had to walk through the closet and bathroom to get to the bedroom. It would have been easier to move around if the desk was near the door and the sofa TV near the window. 3. We had to drape towels over the doors to the bedroom or the kids could see through when we were changing. The bedroom door curtains should be more opaque.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the pool so ask for that if it's important. Our room looked over a parking g...