“Still a great place in Bethesda” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
West Chester, PA
“Still a great place in Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This certainly isn't the newest hotel in Bethesda, and while it is starting to show it's age it is a great value for the money. The real selling point for me is that the rooms are all suites. I stayed here with my wife and son and it was nice to have a separate bedroom and then a pullout couch in the living area. It was also nice that the price was the same as other hotels in the area that do not even have the suite setup. Parking is easy and included in the room price (at least it was for me). The only negative I can point out is that although it is a Marriott Suites, there is no concierge floor or lounge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hello Ken T - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to read that you liked the layout and spacious size of the sleeping room as well as the ease and convenience of the parking garage. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests on your next visit to the Bethesda area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's supposed amenities and location. I had a meeting at NIH early in the morning and the web site claimed there was a free shuttle to NIH. Not true. There was a shuttle to a metro station (not NIH's) or I could walk to one of the NIH rental buildings in the vicinity and hope the NIH employee shuttle would let me on. In addition, many of the restaurants listed as "dining nearby" are no longer in business. I would definitely find alternate marriott hotels in the vicinity

• Stayed July 2014
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear SmallTownTravelRX,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologize that we did not effectively communicate our shuttle service to NIH. We will be reviewing our website to ensure the information is accurate so that in the future our guests do not have the same experience. We provide a shuttle to the Grovesnor Metro Station and several local offices that does include the NIH facility on Rockledge Dr. We will also review our local restaurant listings and adjust as needed; thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at debbie.niswonger@marriott.com or 301-897-5600 if I can be of any further assistance.
Palmyra, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here for business but I will make sure to bring the family next time. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff very professional. Nice bar and great food. The pool looked like a lot of fun a combination of indoor and outdoor. Keep up the great work,

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie N, Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello Ludamibe - Thank you very much for the excellent review. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and it seems as though we achieved our goal. I appreciate the comment about the professional staff and will be sure to pass the comment onto the team. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests on your next visit to Bethesda.
Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends who lived nearby and it was very comfortable and convenient. We had a king room with queen pull out sofa, perfect for our family of four. The bedroom/bathroom/closet layout was wonderfully spacious. The room was spotlessly clean. The king bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. This is also the first hotel that had more comfortable pillows than the ones I brought with me. There were a ton of pillows making it easy to sit up and read in bed or watch TV. We had two TVs which is nice. The food area had a huge counter, bar sink and fridge which was perfect for making light meals and snacks. One big complaint: the basic wi-fi was approx $18 per day. We get free wi-fi at the small chain hotels and this came across as very cheap and stingy. We received two nights free when we complained but that was only half our stay. A couple of small complaints: 1.The outdoor pool was dirty and cloudy, human hair got caught in your fingers as you swam, they needed to clean the filter. Also it closed while it was still light outside and my kids wanted to swim. 2.The room layout was a bit awkward - with the sofa bed open in the living room you had to walk through the closet and bathroom to get to the bedroom. It would have been easier to move around if the desk was near the door and the sofa TV near the window. 3. We had to drape towels over the doors to the bedroom or the kids could see through when we were changing. The bedroom door curtains should be more opaque.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the pool so ask for that if it's important. Our room looked over a parking g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello stick2theplan - Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed the bed and pillows as well as the spacious sleeping room. I will follow up with the pool staff about your comment and will address it right away. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here July 25-27 this year and this visit couldn't of been better than our last 2 visits! Abigail checked us in and was extremely nice and gave us a room on the 11th floor or the top floor. Our room was 1112. (Close to our last room when we stayed in April) The room was a traditional 1 bedroom suite which we always get when we stay here. The room was clean and a tad bigger than our last room, which was very nice! I want to thank Abigail for helping us get a room on the 11th floor (Which she did!) and for being very friendly and understanding to our needs! We will totally stay here again and again the next time we visit Bethesda, Washington DC, & Tysons Corner!

Room Tip: Request the top floor in room 1112. It faces the side and you get a nice view of Tysons Corner! Ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings BrandonMarkowitz - Thank you so much for the excellent review. I was glad to read that this has been your third visit with us and that each time you have had a great experience. I will make sure that Abigail gets properly recognized for her personalized service. Thank you for you continued business, we hope to see you again when your back in the Bethesda area.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The one bedroom regular was spacious, however we ended up in an executive king which had a very large living room (seating area w/sofa & 2 wing chairs, wet bar and desk area). There were all of the usual Marriott amenities: coffee maker, frig, toiletries, etc.

The room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable. Housekeeping good. Each room in the suite is individually climate controlled. There was a TV in each room in the large suite, I don't know about the regular one bedroom. The bathrooms are adequately sized.

The "suites" are divided by glass french doors, so if you have one person who stays up at night, the light does shine through, even in the larger room.

The staff was gracious and helpful.

The breakfast buffet was around $19.00 and left nothing to be asked for. The breakfast menu was reasonably priced and also good.

The lobby is nice, with a comfortable computer center and nice area seating.

There are pools, a hot tub and fitness center.

The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and the main highway.

Warning: It is a rather inconspicuous turn off of the main road, so be watchful as you look for the very small entry sign. Also, one side of the hotel is located facing the highway and across from an emergency center (although the sounds did not travel too much to our 10th floor room).

There is also a $15.00 per night parking fee.

Room Tip: One side faces the highway and an emergency vehicle release center.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Heather H - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was very pleased to read your comments about the staff being gracious and helpful as well as the breakfast food being good and reasonably priced. We hope to have you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have relocated from Hawaii and looked online for a hotel that would accommodate my stay while looked for an apartment; the Marriott Suites was the answer. The front desk staff, Berta, Abigale, Jacklyn, and Lucia all provided me with exceptional customer service, anything that was required, they provided with excellent results. My room 1124 and 714 were very clean and had ample space for me to continue working without any interruptions. My dining experience was nothing short than great food at reasonable price. As a Marriott vacation owner I will continue to stay at all Marriott Hotel because customer service is what sets the corner stone for success.

Room Tip: The first impression of your front desk will set the tone for great service
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Greetings David M - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was very happy to read your comments about the exceptional customer service, very clean room and the great food in the restaurant. I will make sure that Berta, Abigale, Jacklyn and Lucia get properly recognized for their personalized service. We hope to have you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!