“Perfect for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Newmarket, Canada
“Perfect for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends who lived nearby and it was very comfortable and convenient. We had a king room with queen pull out sofa, perfect for our family of four. The bedroom/bathroom/closet layout was wonderfully spacious. The room was spotlessly clean. The king bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. This is also the first hotel that had more comfortable pillows than the ones I brought with me. There were a ton of pillows making it easy to sit up and read in bed or watch TV. We had two TVs which is nice. The food area had a huge counter, bar sink and fridge which was perfect for making light meals and snacks. One big complaint: the basic wi-fi was approx $18 per day. We get free wi-fi at the small chain hotels and this came across as very cheap and stingy. We received two nights free when we complained but that was only half our stay. A couple of small complaints: 1.The outdoor pool was dirty and cloudy, human hair got caught in your fingers as you swam, they needed to clean the filter. Also it closed while it was still light outside and my kids wanted to swim. 2.The room layout was a bit awkward - with the sofa bed open in the living room you had to walk through the closet and bathroom to get to the bedroom. It would have been easier to move around if the desk was near the door and the sofa TV near the window. 3. We had to drape towels over the doors to the bedroom or the kids could see through when we were changing. The bedroom door curtains should be more opaque.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the pool so ask for that if it's important. Our room looked over a parking g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello stick2theplan - Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed the bed and pillows as well as the spacious sleeping room. I will follow up with the pool staff about your comment and will address it right away. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here July 25-27 this year and this visit couldn't of been better than our last 2 visits! Abigail checked us in and was extremely nice and gave us a room on the 11th floor or the top floor. Our room was 1112. (Close to our last room when we stayed in April) The room was a traditional 1 bedroom suite which we always get when we stay here. The room was clean and a tad bigger than our last room, which was very nice! I want to thank Abigail for helping us get a room on the 11th floor (Which she did!) and for being very friendly and understanding to our needs! We will totally stay here again and again the next time we visit Bethesda, Washington DC, & Tysons Corner!

Room Tip: Request the top floor in room 1112. It faces the side and you get a nice view of Tysons Corner! Ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings BrandonMarkowitz - Thank you so much for the excellent review. I was glad to read that this has been your third visit with us and that each time you have had a great experience. I will make sure that Abigail gets properly recognized for her personalized service. Thank you for you continued business, we hope to see you again when your back in the Bethesda area.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The one bedroom regular was spacious, however we ended up in an executive king which had a very large living room (seating area w/sofa & 2 wing chairs, wet bar and desk area). There were all of the usual Marriott amenities: coffee maker, frig, toiletries, etc.

The room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable. Housekeeping good. Each room in the suite is individually climate controlled. There was a TV in each room in the large suite, I don't know about the regular one bedroom. The bathrooms are adequately sized.

The "suites" are divided by glass french doors, so if you have one person who stays up at night, the light does shine through, even in the larger room.

The staff was gracious and helpful.

The breakfast buffet was around $19.00 and left nothing to be asked for. The breakfast menu was reasonably priced and also good.

The lobby is nice, with a comfortable computer center and nice area seating.

There are pools, a hot tub and fitness center.

The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and the main highway.

Warning: It is a rather inconspicuous turn off of the main road, so be watchful as you look for the very small entry sign. Also, one side of the hotel is located facing the highway and across from an emergency center (although the sounds did not travel too much to our 10th floor room).

There is also a $15.00 per night parking fee.

Room Tip: One side faces the highway and an emergency vehicle release center.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Heather H - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was very pleased to read your comments about the staff being gracious and helpful as well as the breakfast food being good and reasonably priced. We hope to have you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have relocated from Hawaii and looked online for a hotel that would accommodate my stay while looked for an apartment; the Marriott Suites was the answer. The front desk staff, Berta, Abigale, Jacklyn, and Lucia all provided me with exceptional customer service, anything that was required, they provided with excellent results. My room 1124 and 714 were very clean and had ample space for me to continue working without any interruptions. My dining experience was nothing short than great food at reasonable price. As a Marriott vacation owner I will continue to stay at all Marriott Hotel because customer service is what sets the corner stone for success.

Room Tip: The first impression of your front desk will set the tone for great service
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Greetings David M - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was very happy to read your comments about the exceptional customer service, very clean room and the great food in the restaurant. I will make sure that Berta, Abigale, Jacklyn and Lucia get properly recognized for their personalized service. We hope to have you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Silver spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 1014, which was an executive king room. The staff was great. The girl at the front desk, Abigail mosquera, was really nice. She even called to check if my room was good and if she could further assist me. The restaurant food was tasteful. And overall my experience was above and beyond my expectations! Great hotel! I recommend it to all

• Stayed July 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello Thompson0 - Thank you so much for the excellent review regarding your recent stay with us. I am really pleased that our staff took great care of you and I will make sure that Abigail, who works at the front desk gets properly recognized for her personalized service. I am so glad that your overall experience was above and beyond your expectations. Hope to see you back here soon!.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

In town for business and stayed here for 7 nights. The rooms are huge. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Staff were very pleasant and eager to help. The room includes a fridge and microwave. Many dining options in the mall nearby and the restaraunt on site served an awesome burger. I would highly recommend this hotel. The outdoor pool was very relaxing as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greetings DonnaB0129 - Thank you very much for posting on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the excellent review and recommendation. I was very happy to read your nice comments about the hotel staff. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for 1 night on 8th June 2014. Actually we were travelling with a group from India and had complete Hotel Booking and sightseeing arrangement by the Group Tour Operator. So first of one the Hotel was not chosen by me.
But the Hotel is excellent...
The room was clean and very specious in size. and with beautiful ambiance.
Our breakfast was been arranged in separate area (only for our group) and did had hot breakfast. All in all the total experience was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Chetan_yan - Thank you very much for the excellent review and recommendation. I was very pleased to read your comments regarding the cleanliness, size as well as the beautiful ambiance of the room. We hope to have you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!