“Marriott Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Marriott Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in search for a home away from home in the Maryland area. Marriotts are usually my "go to" hotels. I came across the Marriott Suites in Bethesda. Although it is tucked away, it was a very nice hotel. My suite was spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly. I ordered room service for breakfast and the food was delicious. I also liked the fact that I could exit the hotel and go right to the parking garage without walking outside. The pool was beautiful and relaxing. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Greetings Kesha W - Thank you so much for the very positive review and recommendation. I was very pleased to read your great comments regarding the friendly staff service, room service food quality and room cleanliness. We hope to have you back again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Army put us up in this hotel as we had a wounded warrior at Walter Reed National Medical Center. The staff was awesome and went out of their way to accommodate our family. The breakfasts in the dining room was very good. The bar was open and friendly. Rooms were spotless and the mattress on the bed was extremely comfortable

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello LynnanGlynn,

Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience, particularly with our friendly staff, cleanliness of the room and your food during breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Bethesda Marriott Suites. The rooms are nice, it was clean, and the restaurant had great food. You also can't beat the location! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hey DCavanaugh310,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. We appreciate the input and hope to see you back again in the future should your plans lead you back to the Bethesda area again.

cayman islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

simply put, this is the worst Marriot Hotel I have ever stayed in. Lobby and restaurant was fine but the doors to the rooms are old, rooms have a mild moldy smell. Just wasnt up to the marriot standard that Im used to. I was disappointed

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Blackbeauty1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent visit to our hotel. Based on your response we are currently investigating your room further to address the concerns you mentioned. We hope we will have an opportunity to host a future stay of yours and rebuild your confidence in our hotel. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance. I may be reached at Marty.Roth@marriott.com

Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've stayed at Marriotts before, but this one was probably the best one yet, not counting the one on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. Looks good. Up to date. Very comfortable room/suite. And price that can't be beat. Very courteous staff. A sure winner!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Nando-Escabi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting from London – meeting up for a boys reunion – all of us rapidly approaching our midlife crises. I was sharing the room with a friend of mine from Nashville and we were meeting up with two other guys, one from Fairfax the other from Baltimore. Bethesda was a good location for "central command". We went into DC quite a bit – a couple of times on bicycles that we easily rented from Bethesda downtown, rode into and around DC, taking the Metro back at night.
I emailed Marty, the general manager, before leaving the UK telling him about the trip and asking for a nice room if possible. Marty was as courteous and responsive as he is in all the posts below, and made sure a great suite was reserved for us. When we were checking in his staff were very complimentary of him indeed, which I haven't often found to be the case in US or European hotels. Thank you Marty for a great stay – despite never actually meeting up!

• Stayed April 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hey JazzAara,

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to connect. We probably passed each other in the lobby at some point. I am very glad to hear that you had such a great experience and that our staff took care of you. We appreciate you allowing us to host your boys' reunion. Those are often difficult to pull together, but it's great when you do.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back across the "pond". Please let me know if I can ever be of additional assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My room was as advertised. Very clean and surprisingly quiet for being across an elevator and right next to the highway. The bed... wow, the bed was phenomenal!!!!! The staff was courteous and helpful too. Only problem is it isn't near anything for after hours. You have to drive somewhere if you want to eat other than the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Hello Outdoorloverforlife,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the beds and found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe Travels!

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!