“just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
cayman islands
“just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

simply put, this is the worst Marriot Hotel I have ever stayed in. Lobby and restaurant was fine but the doors to the rooms are old, rooms have a mild moldy smell. Just wasnt up to the marriot standard that Im used to. I was disappointed

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hello Blackbeauty1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent visit to our hotel. Based on your response we are currently investigating your room further to address the concerns you mentioned. We hope we will have an opportunity to host a future stay of yours and rebuild your confidence in our hotel. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance. I may be reached at Marty.Roth@marriott.com

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've stayed at Marriotts before, but this one was probably the best one yet, not counting the one on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. Looks good. Up to date. Very comfortable room/suite. And price that can't be beat. Very courteous staff. A sure winner!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Nando-Escabi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting from London – meeting up for a boys reunion – all of us rapidly approaching our midlife crises. I was sharing the room with a friend of mine from Nashville and we were meeting up with two other guys, one from Fairfax the other from Baltimore. Bethesda was a good location for "central command". We went into DC quite a bit – a couple of times on bicycles that we easily rented from Bethesda downtown, rode into and around DC, taking the Metro back at night.
I emailed Marty, the general manager, before leaving the UK telling him about the trip and asking for a nice room if possible. Marty was as courteous and responsive as he is in all the posts below, and made sure a great suite was reserved for us. When we were checking in his staff were very complimentary of him indeed, which I haven't often found to be the case in US or European hotels. Thank you Marty for a great stay – despite never actually meeting up!

• Stayed April 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hey JazzAara,

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to connect. We probably passed each other in the lobby at some point. I am very glad to hear that you had such a great experience and that our staff took care of you. We appreciate you allowing us to host your boys' reunion. Those are often difficult to pull together, but it's great when you do.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back across the "pond". Please let me know if I can ever be of additional assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My room was as advertised. Very clean and surprisingly quiet for being across an elevator and right next to the highway. The bed... wow, the bed was phenomenal!!!!! The staff was courteous and helpful too. Only problem is it isn't near anything for after hours. You have to drive somewhere if you want to eat other than the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Hello Outdoorloverforlife,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the beds and found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We checked in on April 11th very early due to my appointment on the way to Myrtle Beach. Since we're gold members at marriott, they know we love hight floors and especially the top floor. We were put on 11 (Top Floor) in room 1114. We had a really good view which wasn't the best but we still loved the view, especially the sunrise! We also got free breakfast which was really nice. The one thing they could improve is renovating the hotel and adding more stuff to it because other than the restaurant and rooms, there's nothing else to do except to go swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool which is clean!

Room Tip: Request the top floor with a front view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello BrandonMarkowitz,

Thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Maryland area.

Take care!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

First, know that this hotel is on the campus of Marriott headquarters, just across the courtyard are the offices for the company. So, I have to say I am shocked and disappointed with some of the quality here.
I have stayed here a number of times out of convenience to a business location. The rooms are always immaculate, comfortable, and well appointed, and very quiet. However, the old box televisions with limited channel line up is a little frustrating. Rooms have little to no information on the neighborhood, dining options, etc.
My chief complaint involves an apathetic staff. I checked into one room and the TV did not work, so I was moved to another room. On A prior stay they were having plumbing issues and had to move everyone off of a floor.
Dining room is there, but the food was terrible and lacking decent healthy choices. Go to the next door Mall or better yet head for Bethesda if you have the time. Edible food in the dining room, but really not enjoyable at all. The bar is lively and business people gather to watch sports. The only thing I like about the food service is that they can prepare starbucks coffees at the bar.
Now, staff at the bar and dining room, including maintenance all were wonderful, helpful, smiling and kind.
Desk staff not so much. Every stay I have had problems with accounting errors, charging the wrong rate, forgot to give me credit for my stay on my rewards, etc.
Maybe I am naive to assume the hotel at Marriott headquarters would be run well and an example of how all other properties should be managed? I think not. As I say, disappointing.
Also, wifi and parking can add $30 per day.

Room Tip: Plan meals at the Mall next door or better yet drive into Bethesda. Expect to pay for parking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello NorthCarolinaAida,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words about the maintenance, bar and dining room staff as well as the rooms being immaculate, comfortable and well appointed. I was very disapointed to read about the poor service you received by our front desk team and the food quality at the restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that our objective is to provide exceptional service and superior quality of food, so when we fall short of that goal it is not taken lightly. If you would like to discuss this or any of the issues you experienced, I would welcome you to e-mail me directly at marty.roth@marriott.com. Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience so that we may have the opportunity to learn and improve from it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here repeatedly over the years. Room accommodations are always top notch. Housekeeping is immaculate. Food and beverages are of the highest quality. International staff cater to a diverse clientele with great warmth and professionalism. Every need is consistently met. We look forward to next visit.

• Stayed April 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Billiesmile,

It was great reading that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate you continuing to select our hotel when in the area. Let me know if I may ever be of any assistance.

PS - Your profile picture looks like a great place to visit as well.

Safe Travels!

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!