“Convenient to the Bethesda office park” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Convenient to the Bethesda office park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My room was as advertised. Very clean and surprisingly quiet for being across an elevator and right next to the highway. The bed... wow, the bed was phenomenal!!!!! The staff was courteous and helpful too. Only problem is it isn't near anything for after hours. You have to drive somewhere if you want to eat other than the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Hello Outdoorloverforlife,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the beds and found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. We hope to see you again in the future.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We checked in on April 11th very early due to my appointment on the way to Myrtle Beach. Since we're gold members at marriott, they know we love hight floors and especially the top floor. We were put on 11 (Top Floor) in room 1114. We had a really good view which wasn't the best but we still loved the view, especially the sunrise! We also got free breakfast which was really nice. The one thing they could improve is renovating the hotel and adding more stuff to it because other than the restaurant and rooms, there's nothing else to do except to go swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool which is clean!

Room Tip: Request the top floor with a front view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello BrandonMarkowitz,

Thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Maryland area.

Take care!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

First, know that this hotel is on the campus of Marriott headquarters, just across the courtyard are the offices for the company. So, I have to say I am shocked and disappointed with some of the quality here.
I have stayed here a number of times out of convenience to a business location. The rooms are always immaculate, comfortable, and well appointed, and very quiet. However, the old box televisions with limited channel line up is a little frustrating. Rooms have little to no information on the neighborhood, dining options, etc.
My chief complaint involves an apathetic staff. I checked into one room and the TV did not work, so I was moved to another room. On A prior stay they were having plumbing issues and had to move everyone off of a floor.
Dining room is there, but the food was terrible and lacking decent healthy choices. Go to the next door Mall or better yet head for Bethesda if you have the time. Edible food in the dining room, but really not enjoyable at all. The bar is lively and business people gather to watch sports. The only thing I like about the food service is that they can prepare starbucks coffees at the bar.
Now, staff at the bar and dining room, including maintenance all were wonderful, helpful, smiling and kind.
Desk staff not so much. Every stay I have had problems with accounting errors, charging the wrong rate, forgot to give me credit for my stay on my rewards, etc.
Maybe I am naive to assume the hotel at Marriott headquarters would be run well and an example of how all other properties should be managed? I think not. As I say, disappointing.
Also, wifi and parking can add $30 per day.

Room Tip: Plan meals at the Mall next door or better yet drive into Bethesda. Expect to pay for parking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello NorthCarolinaAida,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words about the maintenance, bar and dining room staff as well as the rooms being immaculate, comfortable and well appointed. I was very disapointed to read about the poor service you received by our front desk team and the food quality at the restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that our objective is to provide exceptional service and superior quality of food, so when we fall short of that goal it is not taken lightly. If you would like to discuss this or any of the issues you experienced, I would welcome you to e-mail me directly at marty.roth@marriott.com. Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience so that we may have the opportunity to learn and improve from it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here repeatedly over the years. Room accommodations are always top notch. Housekeeping is immaculate. Food and beverages are of the highest quality. International staff cater to a diverse clientele with great warmth and professionalism. Every need is consistently met. We look forward to next visit.

• Stayed April 2014
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Billiesmile,

It was great reading that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate you continuing to select our hotel when in the area. Let me know if I may ever be of any assistance.

PS - Your profile picture looks like a great place to visit as well.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I like this Hotel. It is a bit far off the beaten track as regards the restaurant district and central Washington but the rooms are great and the bar very good. The food is excellent and the guys behind the bar and the Hotel staff are all very nice. Try the burgers at the bar. Very tasty. Personally I like Marriotts, especially the beds which are super comfy. Highly recommended for anyone coming to Bethesda which means you will likely be in the area for business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Doug G,

We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on a return visit to the Bethesda area. It was great to read that you enjoyed the burgers and the service from our bar team. I will be sure to share that with them. Let me know if we may ever be of assistance to you on one of your future stays. We hope to see you again soon.

Maple Shade, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great location, amazing rooms, and fantastic staff. I loved staying here and wish I could stay more often. Room service was prompt and friendly. The room was very comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here if doing business in Bethesda.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello HaveWineWilTravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience and look forward to sharing this with our staff. We hope to see you again in the future should your plans bring you back to the Bethesda area.
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed from a Thursday night to Sunday to visit family in the DC area.

Pros:
-Room was nice and as described. Little cramped when the sleeper sofa was out.
-Both regular bed and sleeper sofa were comfortable.
-I've never been at a hotel so friendly. Everyone from the desk folks to cleaning staff and the wait staff at the restaurant were unbelievably nice.
-Great pool.

Cons:
-As mentioned in earlier reviews, TV itself and available channels a little lackluster. More kids channels and some sort of on-screen guide for stations would be great.
-Parking is not inexpensive, but parking layout (tight spots) and a lot of folks driving large rental minivans leads to a lot of tight squeezes and people taking up two spots, especially on the desirable 3rd floor of the parking garage where there's a covered walkway to the lobby. Expanding the spots might be a good way to go.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hey NickB1091,

I was so glad to read your review and the kind words you had about our staff in particular. I look forward to sharing your comments with them at our daily stand-up meeting. Thank you also for the great input regarding the parking spaces and children's TV channels. We will keep that in mind as we look to future projects involving the parking garage and updating our TV channel line-up.

Safe Travels!

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!