“Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a gala to attend on a Saturday night and decided to stay at this property for the evening. Over the several years attending this particular event (it's in the area, not at a hotel), we've always stayed at a local Marriott (Pooks Hill, Bethesda North and this one). Overall, we'd prefer the Bethesda North location.

The service at check-in at this property was perfect... Spot on! The rooms are nicely laid out and look like the "typical" Marriott Suites hotel room. It was clean, but not fully stocked, as there was only one bar of soap and none for the sink and tub. But we were able to quickly get more from the front desk. Bed was very comfy!

The bar was decent... we had a couple of drinks right after checking in. Something funny and odd that's written in bold across the bottom of the menu pages "Fresh from kitchen to table." ?!?!? As if there would be another stop for the food between the kitchen and table?!?!?
Seriously, this is tacky, almost as if they're trying to suggest farm-to-fork freshness. Not picking, just saying.

We also had breakfast the next morning, since it was included. The potatoes look really nicely prepared, but were beyond bland. The egg preparer was great! She did a perfect job making me an egg sandwich. The oatmeal (always have to get the Marriot oatmeal, it's usually GREAT!) was watery and not very enjoyable. Worst of all was the knife that was part of my set of utensils, as when using it, I was cut in the palm by a sharp spur of metal protruding from the rear of the knife. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, but did mention to the server that she should throw it out and when she saw the blood, she was very apologetic and offered a Band-Aid.

Once we were done with breakfast we asked for a couple of towels to take showers to get out ahead of an impending storm. After waiting about 20 mins in the room, we had to call the desk to ask where they were. They arrived a few minutes later.

Checkout was a breeze. The location of this property is great. parking garage is ample and easy to get in/out of.

Overall, not sure if I'd go back... Might. But the Bethesda North property was a bit better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello J E,

Thank you for the feedback concerning your recent stay. I hope you had a great time at the gala while here. I was glad to hear that your check-in went well. We appreciate your feedback about the quote at the bottom of the menu and have shared that with our culinary team. We hope that you will consider us again for a future stay along with our sister properties.

Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North of Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Suites Bethesda for last Sunday night on business. It was exactly what one would expect , from arrival to departure. No surprises, either pleasant or unpleasant. I suppose the bar closing before the Sunday Night football game ended was a drag, but the TV in the room was acceptable, if standard definition.

And the location could not have been more convenient for my meetings the next day.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given one, as far away from the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hello Soxfannumberone,

Thank you for your post concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to hear that we were convenient for your meeting at the office nearby the next day. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Suites are clean and spacious, and breakfast is good. 2nd time we've stayed here. The garage is a ripoff, and so is the in-room wifi, as most hotels offer for free. Would rather be charged more than nickel and dimed. Lastly, we had to have our room cards swiped 4 times, which was not cool. Not sure I would come back a 3rd time.

Stayed November 2013
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello BCtravelpeeps,

Thank you for your recent posting about your experience at our hotel. I was glad to hear you found the suites to be clean and spacious. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room keys and appreciate you making us aware of it. Our Engineering team is looking into what may have caused this issue. We hope that you will keep us in mind for a 3rd stay and are offering packages that include wifi and parking that may be of interest to you as you look to return to the area in the future. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance as well.

Safe Travels!
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel was quite good and I had stayed for a trip with my family on the way to Washington airport. The parking is charged at bit higher rate which was one disadvantage. The staff was friendly and the property is at a good location and with excellent rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello DuraimuruganTM,

Thank you for your recent posting about your experience at our hotel. I was glad to hear that our staff took great care of you and you enjoyed our suites. We hope to see you again in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Washington area.

Take care!
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I tagged along with my husband, who was traveling on business. We loved this hotel! Staff and management was very visible, professional and efficient. We expected to see Mr. Bill Marriott walk in the door at any moment! (Marriott International Headquarters is adjacent...) If he had, he would have been delighted. This hotel team treats the hotel as if it were their very own. Special thanks to Joey at the Democracy Grille, who remembered my name after meeting only once. He is the epitome of the Marriott family vision. We hope to return again. Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Myers

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello Mr. And Mrs. Mitchell Myers,

I really enjoyed reading your post and look forward to sharing your feedback with Joey. He is a tremendous asset for our team and it is great to hear that he is perceived the same way by our guests. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance in the future.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on business. My room was large and very clean. The staff was very friendly throughout the stay, including the room service delivery person. The lobby and bar areas are up to date and a nice area to enjoy a few drinks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello TJ20810,

Thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe Travels!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott room was clean and appropriately appointed. Front desk staff was efficient, parking convenient and everything you need available on property.
The staff at the bar was spectacular. I pulled up a stool, read my e-book and had my dinner. The staff was friendly, gave just the right level of service, knew a lot about wine and the menu and made a woman, alone at the bar, feel comfortable. Nice job!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Caligal 831,

Thank you so much for the feedback concerning your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you at some point again in the future.

Safe Travels

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!