“Perfect Marriott Suites!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
North Royalton, Ohio
“Perfect Marriott Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I tagged along with my husband, who was traveling on business. We loved this hotel! Staff and management was very visible, professional and efficient. We expected to see Mr. Bill Marriott walk in the door at any moment! (Marriott International Headquarters is adjacent...) If he had, he would have been delighted. This hotel team treats the hotel as if it were their very own. Special thanks to Joey at the Democracy Grille, who remembered my name after meeting only once. He is the epitome of the Marriott family vision. We hope to return again. Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Myers

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello Mr. And Mrs. Mitchell Myers,

I really enjoyed reading your post and look forward to sharing your feedback with Joey. He is a tremendous asset for our team and it is great to hear that he is perceived the same way by our guests. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance in the future.

Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on business. My room was large and very clean. The staff was very friendly throughout the stay, including the room service delivery person. The lobby and bar areas are up to date and a nice area to enjoy a few drinks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello TJ20810,

Thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe Travels!
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott room was clean and appropriately appointed. Front desk staff was efficient, parking convenient and everything you need available on property.
The staff at the bar was spectacular. I pulled up a stool, read my e-book and had my dinner. The staff was friendly, gave just the right level of service, knew a lot about wine and the menu and made a woman, alone at the bar, feel comfortable. Nice job!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Caligal 831,

Thank you so much for the feedback concerning your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you at some point again in the future.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute on Priceline for a great price. Really enjoyed the stay. Fantastic lobby and pool. Parking fairly convenient for Bethesda and only $15 per night. Rooms are all king suites and quite large. Comfortable beds and pillows. Very clean with updated decor throughout the hotel. The staff were all super friendly and attentive. Will stay here again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello unccbm,

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience at our hotel. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance and we hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I left my Apple power cord and my iPhone charger at my last stay. At my stay this week, there it was waiting for me upon check in. The outstanding service at this property really sets it apart. Everyone from the front desk team to the breakfast servers are outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello Mark W. - Thank you so much for your comments regarding our staff service. I am very proud of the "extra mile" service our team provides each guest and really appreciate you making note of it on Trip Advisor. Hope to see you soon!
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this location 9-14-2013 for one night, the only reason for staying at this hotel was for my two little kids to go swimming.

I called this property to make sure that their indoor swimming pool is open and they advised that their "Warm Water Pool" is open until 11 PM.

Upon our arrival, we HAD (No other Options) to park our car in their parking garage and the cost was $15.00. The room was clean and large, they had a small water bottle in the room with the Price tag of $5.00. Once we got to the swimming pool, the water was freezing to the point that you really couldn't use it.

The nest morning we tried it again, needless to say it was still cold. I brought the issue to the Operation manager and he wasn't interested. All he said was "Sorry we just changed the water yesterday." The operation manager offered to wave the $15.00 Parking fee and to honest with you, to me his action was insulting. As a customer, I expected more from the "Operation Manager" and my contact with him should have been the end it and he should have made it right.

The next day my wife spoke to the General Manager, and he went above and beyond and let me just put it to you this way, he corrected it and made us Happy. I think that is the reason that he is the General Manager of a MultiMillion Dollar property.

Room Tip: This place is about 15 Minuets away from Northern Virginia and Washington DC. This place is about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello Amir D - Thank you for your candid feedback. When I spoke with your wife, I was very disappointed to learn about the extremely cold temperature of the pool water and how your family could not use and enjoy it. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. In addition, I have met with the Operations Manager on his response and coached him on the way it should have been handled. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality customer service to every guest. I was glad to hear from your wife that you will be returning to the hotel in the very near future. Your family will enjoy the pool as the water temperature has been rectified. Again, please accept my sincere apologies.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

At first, I chose this hotel because it's conveniently located in the center of NIH.
However, it's quiet far from the center of DC. The Westfield mall is located next to the hotel -- in a walkable range. The hotel offers a shuttle to the metro station every hour, and to the mall per requested.

At the price $139 per night (special rate), I got an incredibly huge room. The room is divided into 4 sections; living area, bathroom, bedroom and small minibar area. It would be perfect if they can also provide an in-room microwave. The washer and dryer are available on every floor and free-of-charge!!

Free wifi and business center are available in the lobby. No free in-room internet. However, the free lobby wifi can reach my room on the third floor. You may purchase the in-room wifi at $13 per day which can be used with up to 6 devices!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello Pinyohiso,

Thank you for your posting and I was happy to see you found our hotel to be a great value. In response to your feedback about microwaves we do have them available upon request but your suggestion of having them in each room is great information. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time you find yourself visiting NIH.

Safe Travels

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!