“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Bronx, New York
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott in Bethesda, MD on two separate occasions: two weeks in November of 2011 and one week in July of 2013. On each occasion I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. First, I'm a sucker for a good breakfast and theirs is simply spectacular, especially when compared to the continental or other types of included breakfasts that you get with other hotels. You always get some variety and it's not just some toast and cereal like it is some places, but a wide array of choices from waffles to fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and home fries to parfaits. Beyond that they offer light dinner 3 days of the week (included with most room stays). All of their facilities are kept sparkling clean including the gym and laundry room. I didn't have much time to use the pool, but even that was clean and comfortable, though not the size you'd want to try to do laps in. My room during each visit was clean and comfortable. The beds are more comfortable than the one I have at home.

With such friend and informative staff, great facilities, clean and comfortable rooms, and great food there's no way to go wrong here.

Room Tip: I recommend the suites that include the kitchenette for longer stays.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello Arcenis R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you returning to our hotel for a second visit and our team is happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to see you back again in the future. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance.

Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am frequent travelor and have been staying at the Marriott, Bethesda Suites for at least one week out of the month since Mar of '12. The service at the front desk has been extremely professional, positive and always helpful. One person in paticular Ms. Berta Orellana has always found creative ways to ensure What I ask for becomes a reality. The Bar and resturant is run by Joey Aquinas. He and his staff are cut from the same cloth as Berta and hers. They always go out of their way to say hello, mix the right drink and prepare meals exactly how I like it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello Rob B,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you for your kind words about Berta and Joey. We will be sure to recognize and thank them for creating such a poitive experience. We look forward to hosting your next stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean, facilities was wonderful. Had a great time. Convention was right on location so it was super convenient. Location of hotel was close to everything. Room was clean and breakfast was great, but a bit pricy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hello Tugboat007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad all went well with your convention and that you found the facilities to be clean and enjoyable. We hope to host you again in the future.

Safe travels
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

clean, service oriented, parking on site (pretty close considering structure/set up), classic design, nothing fancy but super clean and tiday. very comfy bed. treat yourself to a king suite, very spacious and homey. tvs in both room, nice desk area, sofa, chair, wet bar. room service was speedy, but food was mediocre (hard microwaved "baked" potato and steak served rare to med rare though ordered medium) as is usually expected be expected even with a full service hotel. i would come back and stay again but if i did, i would eat before or get a sandwich, not an entree.

location good for needs (lockheed martin HQ onsight) but i wouldn't choose this for any other reason due to out in the boonies. conveniently located to business park and I270 @ I495

NOTE LIKE MANY BUSINESS HOTELS EVEN WITH GOLD OR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP YOU WILL PAY FOR INTERNET ($13/DAY) AND PARKING ($15/DAY)

Room Tip: ask for a suite, stay up high and ask for a nice view. the room is the same exact shape as carrie b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello Neyneyob,

Thank you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean, tidy and spacious. I was dissapointed that the room service food was not up to our typical standards and will be reviewing this with our team to ensure we continue to strive for high marks in food quality. Concerning the internet charge as a Gold or Platinum please feel free to reach out to me direactly at marty.roth@marriott.com and I would be happy to investigate this for you further.

We hope to see you again when in Bethesda.

Safe Travels
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Bethesda Marriott Suites every six to eight weeks for the past two years. We selected this Marriott because it is very close to Walter Reed National Medical Center where my wife receives recurring treatments. She uses a walker/wheelchair so hotel selection for us requires wheelchair access. To begin with the front desk staff has always been the most professional and gracious hosts you can ask for. From the moment you arrive to all encounters during your staff the staff is friendly and seeks to help meet any needs you might have. In particular the front desk staff that includes Berta, Karen, Semere, and Reshan go out of their way to make us feel welcome and meet our needs. I usually call a few days before arriving to see if certain handicapped rooms are available. When available they book us in that suite. After checking in I only need to ask for a microwave, extra blankets, extra towels, etc and housekeeping responds within minutes. We have breakfast in the room so our order card goes on the door before midnight. Delivery of piping hot breakfast at 6am is always ontime and delivered with a smile (order is also always correct). I should note this is an all suite hotel so it is very spacious for the same rates the standard hotel rooms charge in Bethesda. The rooms are well maintained and well decorated. Décor style is more conservative than properties built in the past 10 years, but since they get mostly business guests the décor fits. Hotel location is just off I-495 and I-270 and in the shadow of the Marriott and Lockheed Martin Headquarters and just 5 min from National Institute of Health and Walter Reed NMC. So my bottom-line is if you need a well run, comfortable, all suites hotel, located in Bethesda MD at rates equal to smaller single room hotels in the area this is your place. If you are looking for staff of friendly professionals who pride themselves in making you feel at home and pampered this is your place. If you need to know the secret to how you get this same type of experience I'll share that with you now. Extend a friendly reply to the staff when they welcome you. Introduce yourself and your party/family and perhaps share with them why you are visiting so they can get to know you a bit. Finally, now that they know you a bit, ask them for anything that you might need or just might be thinking about. More likely than not they will be able to fulfill your every desire. I know they will go out of their way to assist in any way possible. So if you choose to give this staff and their property a try, please say hello to Berta and her co-workers at the front desk and tell them I said they are the best.

E & F from Fredericksburg, VA

PS: If you stay long enough to shop for groceries there is Balducci's (gourmet grocery/deli) down the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello JSF_Traveler,

We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience at the hotel. Thank you also for sharing your kind words about Berta and the team. We look foward to sharing that with them. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is confortable and clean with large rooms. But it is located in the most incovenient location, in the middle of nowhere, no restaurants or shops, no public transportation except for a line of shuttles to places such as the NIH. No restaurants to go out or anything to do in the evening. Extremely depressing. The gym looks OK but the swimming pools is 1-5 (!) feet deep and looks like a whirlpool rather than a place to swin. The water are not temperature regulated and were much colder than in standard pools and they contained a lot of small peeling paint fragments. It is also open only till 8:00 pm, It could be helpful if the internal pool was also functional, but it was closed when I stayed there. Though the Hotel room is of high standard I would avoid it especially for a tourist vacation.

Room Tip: If you have a choice choose a hotel downtown Bethesda or Washington, unless you have a car and want...
Hello Mr. Gorodetsky,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable, clean, and large suites as you put it. We also appreciate your feedback concerning the local area and we have alerted our engineering team about your comments regarding the pool so that they may be addressed. Please let me know if I may offer any recommendations of local restaurants should your travels bring you back to this area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Believe it or not, right next door to Marriott International HQ in Bethesda MD is the most mediocre Marriott Suites on the planet. The decor in rooms is straight out of the 90's, even including a box TV in the living room portion of each suite. The lobby has been freshened up, but the staff is also mediocre. I tried calling this property at 8 PM EDT the night before I was to check in, and had my call go to voice mail 3 times. Was the staff really too busy to answer my call(s)?
If anyone at Marriott HQ is reading this, aren't you embarrassed by this totally out of date hotel right next door to your headquarters? Do you really think it's smart to have visitors stay at this hopelessly out of date, unimpressive property?
That being said, the hotel is well located. On this trip I needed to be in Bethesda, Kensington, and Rockville, and this location is just minutes from all of these places. I only wish the franchisee cared enough to update this property, and that the staff cared a bit more.

Room Tip: Rooms with a southern exposure (#37 on each floor) and on a higher floor can see Tyson's Corner...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello WorthHaving,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was dissapointed to read about your experience when attempting to contact our hotel. We have reviewed this with our team to identify what may have contributed to your challenges and I welcome you to reach out to me directly at Marty.Roth@marriott.com if you have any additional details or would like to discuss your experience further.

Respectfully

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!