“Bethesda Marriott Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
New Jersey
“Bethesda Marriott Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for two nights for a soccer tournament. Extremely polite and professional staff. Very clean rooms. Nice pool. Food very pricey. Didn't like the bathroom configuration. Overall very good. Very nice area, easy to get around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Check in very easy, the staff was friendly and helpfull. Suite was nice in size and laid out good, very nice view out the large windows, We had dinner in the restaurant, food was good a little pricey. Very good location and easy to find,

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our party of 8 was generally pleased with the hotel. The entire staff could not have been more accommodating.

-I would love to see recycling wastebaskets in every room in all hotels.
-It's nice to have bathroom lights on dimmers rather than switches so guests can find their way around at night.

The nickel and diming at business hotels is ridiculous. It is really time for hotels to stop charging for in-room internet. Although the 4 desktops in the lobby were sufficient for our needs, there is just no reason for any guest to have to pay $13 a day for in room connectivity. And charging for parking at a hotel in the suburbs is greedy. I am a member of the rewards program, and I appreciate the reduced parking rate. But I had 5 rooms and 2 cars, so it would have been nice to have the discount cover both cars. (Not a huge thing but still.)

But:
The staff could not have been more attentive or helpful. We arrived with 4 bikes and the front desk folks found us a place to park them while we were in the hotel. They worked hard to get us all into our rooms as quickly as possible even though we arrived well before 4 pm. Everyone at the front desk was terrific-the manager clearly knows her job!

And everyone else we encountered, from restaurant staff to facilities, was smiling and eager to help us with whatever we needed. We were all very pleased with all of our staff interactions.

I found the room spacious and comfortable. The shower head was great-I want one of those in my bathroom! However, several of our party said the beds and pillows were extremely uncomfortable.

Food was a mixed bag-nothing below average but nothing outstanding either. We liked the cheese blintzes at breakfast in particular. We had a lunch, a breakfast, and a private dinner in the hotel. I liked the menus for breakfast and lunch. The dinner menu was decided by our hosts. I enjoyed the steak-flank or flat iron, maybe?

I would recommend this hotel, especially at the $99 per night group rate we received.

Room Tip: We had rooms on 2 different corridors on the 6th floor, a couple of which were near a rather loud ic...
Aledo, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We came because of surgery at a nearby hospital and needed a big room for a good price. What a surprise to find a busy bar and restaurant with fantastic service!!

The suites are large and very clean. Turned out to be a comfortable and fun stay, even under difficult circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Reception distracted by things going on among themselves and socializing with non-staff while guests are trying to check in. Elevators in constant use so that middle floors must wait a long time only to find an elevator crammed with other guests. Breakfast room was clean and and service is good. Housekeeping was very good. Paid full price for room located directly across from fire station and EMS, as a result several nights we were woken up by emergency vehicles. Toilet odors not well circulated and can be smelled in the bedroom and living areas.

Room Tip: Rooms located facing Democracy Ave. also face the fire department and EMS...lots of action and distu...
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here a single night, to attend a small business meeting being held in the group of buildings where the Marriott is located. So, I didn't have a choice. Historically, I've stayed in some pretty ordinary hotels when the federal government is picking up the tab, as was the case for this meeting.

This time, though, I was more than pleased. I had a beautiful king suite, with two televisions, a work/desk area and couch, and separate bedroom. The bathroom was accessible from both the sitting room and the bedroom. Yes, the furnishings may have been somewhat old fashioned/dark, but everything was in great shape.

In addition, I found that the staff had universally positive energy (think almost Disney World??) ; that was a real surprise in a business class hotel.

I didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. There was a large mall about a 10-15 walk each way from the hotel, in which there were plenty of reasonably-priced places to eat. When I checked in a little before dinner, the bar/dinner area seemed noisy and crowded, so I wanted to avoid that scene.

Overall, a great stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even if I had to pay for it myself!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family stayed here, in hopes of a place I could spend time with the kids while my wife attended a day conference. The listing boasted "family activities," and "indoor pool."
My children love to swim, so we thought this would be a great place with great space.
Our stay was very comfortable, in a nice, spacious room, with great service.
However, we arrived at the pool in the morning to be told by the lifeguard, "The pool closes in 15 minutes."
I looked up to see the pool is only open from 6-10am, then from 5-10 or 11pm. So, I told my daughter we would only get to swim for a few minutes. Then the lifeguard told me, "we'll, they're actually working on the pool right now."
So, in the end they were working on the pool during the time it was supposed to be open?
I was pretty upset and didn't get any real satisfaction from the desk other than an "I'm sorry for your inconvenience."
After talking to management on the phone, I was told this was mainly a 'business' hotel and rarely are people there during the day so that's why it was closed. I have been offered to swim in the pool anytime we are in the area, even if we're not staying there. Strange offer, if you ask me.
Well, I've never been to a hotel where this was the case, and found it very frustrating for my family.

Room Tip: We don't stay in suites often, but found them to be very spacious. King bedroom had a pullout s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!