“Nice!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
New York City, New York
“Nice!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stay there for a 3 nights weekend..it is a very nice hotel but a little bit far away from downtown and you are really NEED a car..big room with nice decoration only thing that is you have to pay for parking is $ 15/ day bit too much but you have no where to park for free... nice indoor and outdoor swimming pools ... great for a family with a children in the same room because room come with sofabed..
I might go back again ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel itself is quite nice, particularly the spacious layout of the room, plus a nice pool and hot tub and landscaping. Restaurant was also adequate. However, the hotel is located in an out of the way location, not walkable to anything as far as I can see. I did not even see a Starbucks or cafe for breakfast so I ate at the buffet, which was good though pricey ($18 for the full buffet, $14 for the cereal/fruit). There is a hotel shuttle but it runs on a set, infrequent schedule - once or twice an hour - and they were unable to accomodate a large group of us when we requested a trip to Bethesda. They were rather flummoxed when we asked for assistance in ordering a few vans or cabs for our large party. After several minutes, they told us they had arranged for 2 vans but when these never showed up we were suspicious as to whether they had actually been ordered. The trip to the metro was only once an hour and we had to adjust plans to make it (given the problems getting cabs we thought this was the best option). If you have your own car, I would highly recommend this hotel but without it, be aware that it is not well situated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This suite hotel is very nice. It is clean and the service is excellent. The food is good. It has a nice bar area and restraurant. The rooms have a good size living room with desk and a counter with built in mini refrigerator. No utencils or plates. The bedroom is sufficient and comfortable. The bathroom is two separated rooms both of good size with a large closet. The price on weekends is very reasonable about $130 per night (there are senior rates). There is an indoor/outdoor and exercise room. The only negative is $15 a night for parking and it is a little difficult to find. It is in an office park wth small sign at the main entrance. Easy to miss.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony but it is not very usable and no seating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted right away by a friendly staff. Check in was very efficient. The room was your typical suite with a separate living and sleeping area. The room was large even as suites go.

The internet speed was excellent and as is typical with Marriott set up for business users. There is a fee for the internet but I would rather have a small fee than get very slow internet. The service allowed you to connect multiple (5) devices which was helpful for the laptop and iPad, etc.

The room was a bit dated and did not feel very modern. The TVs were still the old style tubes and small by today's standards (20 inches I would guess). With the current cost of flat screen HDTV I would expect a more modern look. The living room furniture was comfortable but did not appear new by its styling.

The desk while providing sufficient room to work does not allow you to watch the TV while working based on the angle. It could have been that way for just my room who knows. I like to be able to glance at the game (it was Monday night football) while working.

The bed and shower were very comfortable and overall my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Newark, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is on a Democracy Blvd., a road that has nothing on it but corporate buildings and park land. It isn't really even in Bethesda; it's about midway between Rockville and Potomac. It's over a mile to the nearest strip mall, much less to any of the downtown D.C. attractions. I cannot imagine being there without a car. You couldn't walk anywhere and get so much as a cup of coffee outside the hotel.

Aside from its weird location, it's a pretty decent hotel. The rooms all have a living room as well as a bedroom, each with its own TV. But the interior doors are thin, so there's really no privacy inside the suite. Aside from the extra furntiure (including a sofabed) I'm not sure it's any better than having one big room.

The staff is pleasant and helpful. The rooms and the public areas are clean and well-kept. The pool is open long hours (6 am-11pm indoors, 10 am-8pm outdoors)--a plus in the summer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The check in is very smooth, the hotel staff is very helpful and prompt with every request we had. the room is very clean and the beds are comfortable. it is very nice to have small fridge to store kids item and drinks. We asked for additional blanket and the staff is at the doorstep in about three minutes. It is one of the best hotel we have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I would like to start by stating..... I am a Platinum Elite with Mariott brand hotels. There is a reason why..... my company pays for my hotels, so the choice of where I stay is up to me. There is NO comparison to the way I am treated by Mariott. I would like to say I have always been treated by the best of the best by your personnel. That is until I came to the Mariott Suites in Bethesda... WOW, after a very troubling travel into MD I came to this hotel and was greeted by Dilfuza, bar none the BEST front desk employee I have ever been greeted by. She not only got me into my room for my 2 week stay but asked about my travels and how it went and how I felt and if there was anything she could assist me with to make my transition better, she was willing to help. Thank you so much for employees like Dilfuza. The last 2 weeks has been amazing service, Berta the front desk supervisor has always been awesome and asks me about my day, she is top notch at what she does and should be commended for her treatment to your customers. Also 2 other employees who have been outstanding and delivered on outstanding customer service are, Karen and Reshan. And finally, the houskeeping staff never misses anything and Rosalina took care of my room with the utmost attention to detail. Thank you so much for all you do for your employees and the attention to customer service, it is, without a doubt the SOLE reason I will remain a very, very, loyal Mariott customer.

Room Tip: Everything was Awesome as usual at Mariott !!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!