“Outstanding Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We chose the hotel for its location, which was great for doing what we needed to do. We appreciated being able to park for free and have breakfast on site. Our room was small but had everything we needed and was clean. What made the stay memorable, however, was the friendly, helpful service that Sam and Dipshan, managers, provided. They were outstanding!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pat S
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on our service and accommodations. I'm happy to hear that our staff created a memorable experience for you at the American Inn. We hope that you will choose us again during your next visit to Bethesda.

Dana point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Paying $100 a night, I had modest expectations for my stay here. A clean room, competent housekeeping, and basic safety would have been enough.

None of those expectations were met. Within my first few days, I found mice running around the room. I had to buy and set up my own mousetraps . If this place isn't in violation of health and safety regulations, I don't know what is.

I then learned that my door would not lock when I left the room. The front desk failed to follow up on the matter, so I asked to speak with the manager. The manager was rude and aggressive, despite my explanation that I planned to spend another month in the hotel.

Though you may save some extra coin here, it's not worth the headache. You will have no peace of mind when you find rodents in your room, an unlocked door, and a lingering smell of cigarettes in a "smoke free" room. Hair in your "fresh" towels is a regular occurrence, free of charge; compliments of the housekeeping staff.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sam_ocuc
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your stay went so miserably, especially since you were here with us for such a long time. I am disappointed that, despite our efforts, we were still unable to resolve the challenges you reported to your complete satisfaction. We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable experience to every guest, which is why it is so frustrating to hear that we were not able to create that type of experience for you. As you are probably aware, we had our pest control vendor to seal gaps that existed near the newly installed AC unit that faces the street where we suspected the mouse was able to enter. To my knowledge, we reimbursed you for the mouse traps you purchased and also provided you with other compensation to help offset your time and frustration you experienced with this incident. In addition, we repaired the problem with the door lock as soon as possible after we were notified. Finally, I'm not sure exactly who you spoke to regarding these issues. However, I sincerely apologize if they came across as being rude and aggressive. Obviously, given the challenges you experienced, a bit of compassion and empathy would have been a good start in addressing the problems. I will be using your experience as a training tool with our staff to underscore the importance of follow up and being responsive to our guest's needs. If there is anything I can do to help make this situation better, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I hope that, despite your negative experiences, you will give us another opportunity in the near future to exceed your expectations.
New Canaan, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was literally blown away with the service, kindness and professionalism that was shown by Manager on duty Sam. In a difficult situation he was really helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate me ending my trip in most positive way
In addition, he secured a complimentary shuttle service, much needed by me from Will, who was also so very kind and courteous.
Great service!!

Room Tip: All rooms were good as far as I could tell. I wanted a top floor for quiet but was amazed at how wel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Blossum123
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I'm happy to hear that our staff was responsive to your needs and expectations. We hope that you will choose our hotel again for your next visit to Bethesda.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Except the price... you get what you pay for.

1) Smallest room I've ever seen. You could barely make you're way around. Like a closet
2) Terrible service. Housekeeping never showed up, request for towels ignored.
3) Only few (and very tight) parking spaces. Buffet breakfast was not edible

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
I'm sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations during your last stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when things don't go as well as you expect. Although some of our rooms are more cozy than others, we make every effort to honor the specific requests for room types and sizes. It's also disappointing to hear about your challenges with housekeeping. The behavior you describe is extremely out of character for our staff. I will use your comments as a training tool to ensure that we are responding to our guest requests in a timely manner. I know these things do not change most recent experience with us. However, I have heard your observations and we will take steps to improve how we respond to our guests. Thanks for your business and I hope to will try us again in the near future.
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our stay was very good. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor pool with the warm weather. Very convenient location to DC using the metro or driving. Would go back to Rockville for shopping. Breakfast was a great start to the day of sightseeing. Parking at the hotel is very limited. All in all would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and our location. We appreciate your comments and your business. We hope that you will stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at the American Inn of Bethesda over 4th of July weekend and booked through Expedia. We ended up booking the wrong dates by mistake, and didn't realize it until we got a call saying we were supposed to have checked out at 11:00. We were in the middle of DC at this point, and because we were so flustered, we got lost trying to get back to the hotel. It took us an hour and a half to get there. Viola was at the front desk and helped us out a lot. She understood our situation and worked with us to get it sorted out. She was so helpful and nice about everything. We'll be going back to DC soon, and definitely be staying at American Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm glad that our staff was accommodating to you. Thanks for leaving your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to Bethesda.
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the south tower and found a quirky room that resembled grandmas attic as far as the ceiling. That was really cool. The room was clean, cool and really what more is needed? Breakfast was excellent, really liked the breakfast sandwiches which are and excellent idea for hotel breakfast but I've never seen that before. The desk staff was incredibly accommodating. My husband needed a sewing kit and they could not find one. About 15 minutes later a knock at our door proved that they were vigilant and found one. Only downside is distance to the metro, but there is agree shuttle, which we did not use.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It's exciting to hear that our efforts to create memorable experiences for our guests are beginning to bear fruit. I hope that you will choose the American Inn during your next visit to the DC Metro Area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Bethesda Court Hotel
Bethesda Marriott
Bethesda Marriott
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 377 reviews

Been to American Inn of Bethesda? Share your experiences!