“excellent hotel always” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Savannah, Georgia
“excellent hotel always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel everytime i visit Maryland. Viola is awesome and takes very good care of me when i visit and almost always checks me in. The breakfast is amazing I recommend this hotel for anyone that desrves good customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear that Viola create a memorable experience for you during your last stay. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean rooms, friendly lobby staff, tasty full hot breakfast. It's not the Four Seasons so don't expect that but honestly, everything was just right for the price I paid or better than expected. I was nicely surprised. I highly recommend to anyone who needs a comfortable place to stay on the budget.

Stayed October 2013
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We appreciate your honest feedback. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thanks for your visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Motel-like facility that needs a significant uplift. It is very clean though. Breakfast is not worth considering. Besides being the same every day, it comes directly from a box or a can. In the same building is Guapos, a Mexican food restaurant that is superb

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We appreciate your observations and are glad that the cleanliness of our rooms and public space met your expectations. We are always working to improve our breakfast offerings and we are open to special requests and suggestions. In addition, we are in the process of making improvements to the entire hotel including our guest rooms and public space. Although we fell short of your expectations on this trip, I hope that you will try our hotel again, during your next visit, to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Friendly & conscientious people deliver great service at a reasonable price. Adeline the desk clerk provided exceptional service with a smile. We were able to park o the hotel property for free. Using the city's free bus service we found a great crabhouse restaurant within a reasonable distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm so glad that Adeline and the rest of our staff created a memorable experience for you and your family. It is our goal to provide a high level of service for our guests. So, it's good to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thanks for staying with us!
Denver, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here two evenings while attending a business workshop nearby. A warm and welcoming staff greeted me as I entered the lobby and thoroughly explained the Inn and its amenities which included a second to none rating for the complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: West Wing is noisy with doors opening and slamming all night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome. I'm happy that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again.
Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked this hotel because the price was pretty good and so was the location. However the pictures on their website paint a different picture then reality. The rooms are run down and in need of restoration. Parking at the hotel was limited so we had to park across the street and pay for it. We probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank for your observations of our hotel. I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your last stay. The pictures of our rooms on the website, although may not show the shapes and sizes of each room, are representative of accommodations and amenities offered in all rooms. And, although on-site parking is limited, we are unique in that we are the only hotel in Bethesda that offers any free parking. In addition, we are currently refreshing our entire hotel including guest rooms and public meeting space which will greatly improve the guest experience. Although we fell short of your expectations during this trip, I hope that you will give us another try in the near future as we work to improve. Thanks for your business and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Bethesda.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stay here for a few weeks June-July and my experience has been very positive. I warn you that this is not your super luxury hotel to spend the corporate money or to show off to your girlfriend, however, if you want a convenient location and inexpensive place to stay in DC, I highly recommend this little charm in Washington DC. I particularly like the friendly Bethesda neighborhood with many great restaurants and bars within a few blocks of this property; 15 min walk to Bethesda or Medical Center metro on the Red Line, which will take you anywhere in DC; They have a decent swimming pool, an essential for me for the summer time, but I wish they open it a little longer (closes at 8pm during my stay); Once again,don't expect luxury and fancy here (there are 5-star hotels on the block if you want), just a little friendly and convenient place to stay in DC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for your comments. I glad that you found us to be the overall best value in Bethesda. I hope that our service was just as satisfying for you as our location and accommodations. Keep in mind that we always have packages and special rates available on our website and by calling the hotel directly. We appreciate your business.

Been to American Inn of Bethesda? Share your experiences!