“Like a Boutique!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Salisbury, Maryland
“Like a Boutique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was very pleased with this Bethesda gem of a hotel. It is nestled off of busy Wisconsin Avenue, close to everything. There are beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby and it has a Boutique, welcoming feel. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfy. We pulled in, parked, was checked in quickly and went to our event. We had an awesome stay and would highly recommend the American Inn!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experiences at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations during your last visit to Bethesda. We hope that you found our hotel to have the best balance of comfort, service and value in Bethesda. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Enfield, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting family over Christmas. Our room was small but clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very small. Although the hotel was not nearly at capacity we did hear conversations from the hallway and doors slamming at night, so I think it could be very noisy if full. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

The biggest problem we had was that housekeeping never showed up to service our room after the first night. Granted, this was on Christmas day itself, but if you are going to take in guests on that day you should have all services available. I would have given the American Inn three stars otherwise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the American Inn Bethesda. It is our goal to create memorable experiences for every guest. I regret that some of your memories were not as pleasant as we would have hoped. In order to provide our staff the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones over the Christmas holiday, we provided a limited housekeeping service to our guests on Christmas Day. I apologize that we did not set a reasonable expectation of housekeeping service for you during your stay. Please understand that this was an uncommon situation. I hope that you will try our hotel again in the future as we strive to offer the highest level of service at the best overall value in Bethesda.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

we reserved for a group of 17: double rooms and meeting space. The hotel staff was very responsive during our planning phase. All of the guests were very happy with their rooms and amenities (like the free wi-fi). The staff was helpful and attentive to our meeting room needs and went the extra mile to make sure we had every detail in place for our meetings. We chose the hotel because of the room cost/meeting room rental fee (much less expensive than the other hotels in the area) -- but we got excellent value for our dollar.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and patronage. I am happy to hear that we created a good balance of quality and value for your meeting. Our staff is committed to exceeding our guests' expectations and we look forward to serving your accommodation needs again in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed on the 5th floor for a week. The room was clean, well appointed and a decent size - worth about $100 a night. It's about a 10min walk to the NIH. The breakfast is not so great. It's in a decent location with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The staff were OK. I would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that our hotel was a good option during your recent visit to NIH. I also appreciate your observations regarding breakfast. We will make some changes to the quality of offerings and presentation to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our guest expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Redwood City, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Rodents were clearly running in the walls at night- I wasn't sure if they were mice or rats. I was on the third floor and my travel companion was on the fifth floor and reported the same thing. This was disgusting. Otherwise the room was ok but clearly very dated with out of place dropped ceiling panels. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback on our hotel. I also appreciate you reporting your concerns to the front desk at check out. This gave us an opportunity to do a full inspection of the entire part of the building where you stayed. Although our licensed pest control provider has found no evidence of rodents in any of our rooms or public spaces, I understand how unnerving it can be to suspect pest activity during your stay. Please rest assured that we are closely monitoring this situation in the entire building and are taking appropriate steps to monitor and mitigate any potential problems that arise, particularly as critters seek refuge with the change in seasons. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any other concerns or questions. Thanks for your business and we hope that you will try us again in the future.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter gave me 6 weeks notice that she was having a big wedding. I called the hotel to reserve and block of rooms for out of state guests. I was amazed at how easy that was to do. The service was amazing and it was all done so conveniently and quickly. The price they gave me was unbelievable for the Bethesda area. There was free parking also! We got back to the hotel late at night after the wedding and even though the parking lot at the hotel was full, there was ample parking in a lot across the street. Breakfast was included and met our needs very well, saving my guests a lot of money. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Many of my guests took advantage of being in the DC area and went site seeing the next day. I could not have ask for better accomodations and will definately use them again and recommend them to out of town guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the American Inn Bethesda to accommodate your daughter's wedding guests. I am delighted to hear that our staff created a positive and streamlined experience for you during a time that can otherwise be very stressful. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Marseillan, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed there for a week, 158$/night with a coupon code for a single bed, not even a queen size.
Clean
Nice personnel
Very Noisy
bad window isolation
no continental breakfast (fruits overaged)
Flow variation Under the shower
Doesn't look like the pics at all

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to talk about your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you giving an honest impression of the the quality of our accommodations during your last stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best quality accommodations at the most competitive rate in Bethesda. I wish we could have done more to impress you while you were with us. If there are any more specific observations from you last visit that you would like to pass on to me to address, please feel free to send me an email at darryl.calloway@baywoodhotels.com. Thanks again for your feedback.

Been to American Inn of Bethesda? Share your experiences!