“American Inn, the same of good stuff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Metro Package
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Smyrna, Delaware
“American Inn, the same of good stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The American Inn of Bethesda, Md., even though it has changed leadership has still the same A-1 quality of service and dedication to its customers. Even the menu of the breakfast has kept
up with the trends of today's diets. Kudos to the owner(s) of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the complimentary breakfast, WiFi and Shuttle. We hope that you found us to be the best balance of quality and value in Bethesda.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Hannover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights
friendly and helpful stuff
clean rooms
My daughter gets a free breakfast when visiting us. thanks for that again!!!

Free Maps and informations
unfortunately the pool was closed (we were told this is normal after Labour day) although it was very warm outside..80 °F

Breakfast was filled up even short time before ending..
Milk for the coffee flavoured- love this

like other hotels in the USA all with plastic.. is this really better than to clean glasses or cups??

I would come again
nearby is a metrostation (red line) about 15 Min. to DC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your continued patronage. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the our complimentary breakfast. We are working hard to push the quality of offerings and service throughout the hotel to the next level. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been coming here for 20 years and it has always been excellent service & a great place to stay. Adeline always goes out of her way to make my stay enjoyable.

I highly recommend American Inn of Bethesda to anyone who would like a nice place to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your continued support. We strive to be the best overall lodging value in Bethesda and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your last visit. We look forward to your next stay with us.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

i was so pleased with the service they offered. room was quite small but nice and clean. i like free shuttle that took us to metro station. i was so happy to stay at the hotel because not only it was closed to the city and DC but also the front desk agent was Adeline, she was very helpful to take care of my stay. i would recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives. thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that our staff and accommodations met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I have a good stay here and I love the free breakfast and WiFi. I arrived late at night and Zein accommodated my needs. Good service and nice hotel for affordable price. NIH is so close to the hotel and I was able to use their shuttle which they run for free. Awesome! I greatly recommend their hotel...

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I don't know if I was put in an older section of the hotel or what but the room I was in was dingy, small, and stuffy. No view whatsoever. The location was inconvenient. There was no taxi service out front of the hotel. The metro is a few blocks a way but to walk to the metro at night is creepy because there are no people around. Streets are dark. When it was time to check out of the hotel, the front desk staff were unhelpful in locating me a taxi back to the bus station. They also appeared to care less. I ended up making my bus but had to hail a cab on the street with my suitcase. I really have nothing positive to say about this hotel. I would skip this one.

Room Tip: I did not mean to say the room service was terrible, as I did not order room service. I clicked on i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our location and amenities. We are committed to providing great guest service at a great value in Bethesda for our guests. We are centrally located between the Federal Medical campuses and the city center of Bethesda. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to the metro and to all locations within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and can assure you that we will use your feedback to improve our service delivery. If you would like to further discuss your experience at the American Inn, please feel free to give me a call.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for close to a month after coming to the USA. The hotel is clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The morning breakfast is nice. There is a free Bethesda bus whicc goes to the metro station every ten minutes, which is very convenient. Central DC is about 20 mins by metro. Would certainly recommend this hotel for someone visiting DC or Maryand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving your honest feedback regarding our staff and accommodations. We are the closest hotel to NIH and Bethesda Naval Medical Center and we strive to provide a great quality stay at a good value for our guests. I'm glad to hear that we created a memorable experience for you. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to American Inn of Bethesda? Share your experiences!