“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Metro Package
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been coming here for 20 years and it has always been excellent service & a great place to stay. Adeline always goes out of her way to make my stay enjoyable.

I highly recommend American Inn of Bethesda to anyone who would like a nice place to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your continued support. We strive to be the best overall lodging value in Bethesda and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your last visit. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

i was so pleased with the service they offered. room was quite small but nice and clean. i like free shuttle that took us to metro station. i was so happy to stay at the hotel because not only it was closed to the city and DC but also the front desk agent was Adeline, she was very helpful to take care of my stay. i would recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives. thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that our staff and accommodations met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I have a good stay here and I love the free breakfast and WiFi. I arrived late at night and Zein accommodated my needs. Good service and nice hotel for affordable price. NIH is so close to the hotel and I was able to use their shuttle which they run for free. Awesome! I greatly recommend their hotel...

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I don't know if I was put in an older section of the hotel or what but the room I was in was dingy, small, and stuffy. No view whatsoever. The location was inconvenient. There was no taxi service out front of the hotel. The metro is a few blocks a way but to walk to the metro at night is creepy because there are no people around. Streets are dark. When it was time to check out of the hotel, the front desk staff were unhelpful in locating me a taxi back to the bus station. They also appeared to care less. I ended up making my bus but had to hail a cab on the street with my suitcase. I really have nothing positive to say about this hotel. I would skip this one.

Room Tip: I did not mean to say the room service was terrible, as I did not order room service. I clicked on i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our location and amenities. We are committed to providing great guest service at a great value in Bethesda for our guests. We are centrally located between the Federal Medical campuses and the city center of Bethesda. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to the metro and to all locations within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and can assure you that we will use your feedback to improve our service delivery. If you would like to further discuss your experience at the American Inn, please feel free to give me a call.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for close to a month after coming to the USA. The hotel is clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The morning breakfast is nice. There is a free Bethesda bus whicc goes to the metro station every ten minutes, which is very convenient. Central DC is about 20 mins by metro. Would certainly recommend this hotel for someone visiting DC or Maryand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving your honest feedback regarding our staff and accommodations. We are the closest hotel to NIH and Bethesda Naval Medical Center and we strive to provide a great quality stay at a good value for our guests. I'm glad to hear that we created a memorable experience for you. We look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the amazing place to stay. Everybody were so nice especially zein from the front desk she was very nice and friendly and made my check in so smooth.. When it comes to rooms and facilities everything was perfect..

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We are so happy that our commitment to providing a high quality of service met your expectations. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Overall my stay was enjoyable, the staff were all very friendly. The bedroom and fixtures all seemed modern, until you walk into the bathroom. The toilet looked like it came from a public restroom, the counters we dated as well. The continental breakfast was satisfying, the lobby and everything seemed clean. Their workout equipment in the fitness facility could use an upgrade but got the job done. There were plenty of surrounding places to eat and find a local watering hole or two. I would stay here again and recommend it to others

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you Earl D. for taking the time to critique our hotel. We appreciate your observations on our accommodations and amenities. I will re-assess our offerings to ensure we are meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. If, during your next stay, you would like a wider selection of fitness options, our Front Office staff can provide you with information on local kickboxing and yoga studios, hiking and biking trails and other recreation that are only steps from our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Been to American Inn of Bethesda? Share your experiences!