“Delicious Pizza!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Washington DC
“Delicious Pizza!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been going here for Pizza ( all kinds ) for around 9 years - it is ALWAYS great! I have a few places in town where I go for pizza but if I'm having family and friends over it IS THE PLACE to go for a sure thing that is so tastey and just like NYC! The chef is an artist and while I wait I see them cook great dishes of all kinds from scratch! I have even picked up some cooking tips I bring home. Parking garage just next store (cheap) and a very big dinning room. People are always in there eating and having a ball. The garlic bread balls are a wonderful find to bring home too! Very friendly good service to boot!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting the area and were looking for a decent Italian place when we stumbled upon Mamma Lucia's. I have to say, what they lack in atmosphere they more than make up for it in their food and service. Our waiter, Kevin, was extremely attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. He was spot on with his recommendations.

We started with the arancini and thought that they were adequate for the price even though they were not quite as advertised. I felt they needed a little more mozzarella and meat stuffing as these were seriously lacking. The entries came with a decent salad and the bread and dipping sauce was very good

For the entrees, my wife has the eggplant/seafood rolls covered in melted mozzarella and vodka sauce. The is actually an appetizer, but with a small side of pasta it could easily be an entree. The eggplant was cooked perfectly and the seafood stuffing was quite ample and together it all made for a very tasty dish. I has the pumpkin ravioli alla affunicate. The ravioli was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of sweetness from the pumpkin. The sauce was loaded with crabmeat and it a also had 6 large shrimp. The portion was ample and I was very satisfied when I has finished. I would visit Mamma Lucia's again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, WI
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'm Italian, and this was by far one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at. The sauce and pasta was fantastic. My friend ordered Pizza and it was also one of the best I've ever eaten. The service was impeccable. Great ambiance. I will definitely return again on my next visit to the Washington area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Regensburg, Germany
“authentic food, speedy service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

very authentic italian food, only the portion sizes are american... :)

delivery, take-out no problem at all. the quality is just the same as if u dine in.

prices are a bit high, but this is bethesda and i rather pay a bit more for a pizza, as long as it tastes great and like a real italian pizza, instead of the "cardboard" u get at plenty other places.

Visited January 2012
Boston, MA
“Four stars if the toddlers got to rate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were visiting from out of town and meeting friends at the nearby park. With two toddlers and two preschoolers, pasta places are always a good bet. And, for the kids, this place was fine.

Little kids don't mind poorly cooked pasta, thin and flavorless sauce, and bland cheese. Little kids are happy to chow down on touch pieces of toast, painted in bright orange oil. Little a kids already know to avoid the cheap olive oil and raw garlic provided for dipping. And little kids are happy to chow down on plain, overcooked broccoli.

If I were rating this place based on food for the price I'd have to give it one star. Sure, no one got sick, but for these prices I'd expect them to know how to prepare pasta and cook a basic ragu. But we got to sit outside and it's hard to be unhappy with 70 degrees on a March evening. Plus the service really was good - they got food in front of the kids within 10 minutes of sitting down and they responded promptly to every other request.

Also, I stole a few bites of a 2 year old's pizza and that was really good. If we come back, that's what I'd get.

• Visited March 2012