“Worst Dining Experience Ever!!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Panetteria Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 302 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wash. DC
“Worst Dining Experience Ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my worst dining experience ever. I along with my party of 32 made reservations for last Saturday night. The restaurant was accommodating in seating my group and seemed hospitable until the food was served and several in the group found the food unbearable. The seafood was overcooked, the cheese tasted stale and there were issues with several of the other dishes. Overall the food was horrible!! When members of my party shared their concerns about the food, the owner, Harry, insisted that although the dishes were not eaten, barely touched, he insisted that everyone had to pay full price for each dish ordered otherwise he was going to call the police. He was rude beyond belief! He lacked decorum and began yelling at several people in my party. We were shocked by his behavior. He also complained because a few in my party decided to order large Pizzas and share them. He then complained that sharing was not allowed. Unbelievable!! To think that anyone can single handedly eat a whole pizza is quite unreasonable. In addition, to state that those are the rules of the restaurant at the end of a meal is also unreasonable. Harry Kmaymi, the owner also stated that the restaurant would have made a lot more money had my party of 32 not been in the restaurant. Impossible!! Even with my party of 32 there were still many empty tables and there was no line at the door so I was puzzled about how he would have made more money that evening. As far as I could see, we greatly increased his revenue for that evening.

The food was horrible! The owner is rude and needs to attend some sort of customer service training. The chef needs to be fired or retrained and the restaurant needs to be cleaned.

I am going to report them to the health department as I believe an inspection is needed to address the filth and overall condition of the restaurant. In addition, the other reviews that are included here that are positive must all come from the owner and his friends and family. I am doubtful that anyone can actually recommend this place as a fun family restaurant with good food. It is absolutely the worst!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Great find . . . Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Needed a nice restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday and wanted to get away from all the typical college places around UMD . . . Bethesda has many great places and this is one of them . . . Good food, reasonable prices and a relaxing atmosphere. Wait staff very attentive . . .

Visited October 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“A solid 4.5 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really wish this rating system had 1/2 stars or more points (e.g., 10 pt). La Panetteria is the poster case for a 4.5 star restaurant. The Service is impeccable, the menue interesting and deep enough for a second visit, the atmosphere is good albeit a bit empty. I had a lamb on risotto that was a home run, other dishes at my table seemed well cooked. Not a "knock out of the park" 5 star but very solid and worth your visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My visits there have been very pleasant every time. The food is delicious and it makes you feel welcome and at home. The price is reasonable and the service is friendly, sometimes can be a bit slow, but attentive. There dessert are always very tasty. Nice place, and cozy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here and we both enjoyed our meals. Service was perhaps a bit slow but very friendly. Atmosphere is good and they have a pretty extensive wine list. Prices were very reasonable - dinner for two with an appetizer (before tip) was $57. I am confident we will return.

• Visited June 2013