“Good simple Italian food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Panetteria Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 288 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Silver Spring, MD
“Good simple Italian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A good meal at a reasonable price. Most of the dishes are southern Italian (i.e. lots of tomato sauce). The pasta was somewhat over cooked but on the whole dinner was delicious. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rockville, Maryland
“I really wanted to like this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

When I first arrived at La Panetteria I really wanted to like it. The space is wonderful, it really is a a great atmosphere. The service was fabulous - in that respect I couldn't ask for more. So I had high hopes for the food. Sadly, it didn't live up to those hopes. The entree I had was tasteless.

The rest of the experience was good enough that I would give it one more try. Maybe it was just a bad day for the cook. But until I go back, the tasteless food means that they can't score higher than 3 .

If you're in the area, give the place a try. Hopefully you'll have tastier food than me.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great food, great service and wonderful atmosphere. Our visit to La Panetteria really made for a wonderful evening. I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2012
Bethesda
“Wonderful family place, great for parties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We often go here when we have guests visiting. It is a charming place with a beautiful interior, and the atmosphere is wonderful.
It is family owned, and the food is also terrific and reasonable.
They have the nicest wait staff, as well. We had a family party for 70 here and will probably have our next one here.

Visited May 2012
Rockville, Maryland
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I came here with colleagues and had the mannicotti, it was really good. I never thought I could finish is but since it was so good, I did. We also ordered a big appetizer plate with kalimari, mozzarella, pizza, zucchini and salad, which was also good. The restaurant also has a nice ambiance I will definitely return to this place.

• Visited April 2012