“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Panetteria Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 288 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for 30 years, mainly because it has the best pizza in the area by far. The other pasta dishes are ok but I wouldn't go out of my way for them. But the pizza is fantastic!

Visited December 2011

Olney, Maryland
“How Service & Food Should All Be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Decided on Italian food,1cold Saturday January night. Warmly greeted, table ready. Chianti was very good. My husband sampled & e njoyed both Italian beers recommended. Calamari Fritte BEST we have ever had. ( and we travel & dine out quite a bit). Delicate - no heavy breading. Marina sauce perfect. Veal was excellent. Staff very attentive, without being overbearing. We won't wait to return! A true neighborhood " gem", for over 35 years. Prices reasonable as well.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Solid home made Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Group of 8 sat toward the rear. Attentive service. Basic Italian menu with a few daily specials. Everyone was pleased with their dinners. House wine acceptable also. Good for families.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We tried this place after I noticed the favorable reviews it had gotten on tripadvisor, but we were disappointed. My wife & I ordered the same dish, scallops with angel hair pasta. Mine had the scallops on top of the pasta, my wife's had the pasta on top of the scallops. I thought it was strange that the presentation of a dish was arbitrary. Otherwise the foods tasted OK.
Also, the sink in the ladies' room was clogged.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Acton, ON, CA
“Great Waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I took my twelve year old son here to visit the capital and read the reviews for this restaurant on Tripadvisor. They weren't wrong. Great food; my son ate his pizza in less than five minutes; and my pasta was lovely and light. Our waiter, who was from South America, mentioned how polite my son was which gave me a warm feeling. The atmosphere was intimate and charming. The only negative was that the table wasn't level but overall would recommend enthusiastically.

Visited May 2011