“Awesome Food, Drink & Atmosphere. Kid friendly too.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vieux Logis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 300 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Auburn Ave.
Transit: Bethesda Metro Station (Red)
Rockville, Maryland
“Awesome Food, Drink & Atmosphere. Kid friendly too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

What an awesome restaurant. I was looking for a place to dine with my wife & our 3 1/2 year old son. Our requirements were outdoor dining, wine for the parents & some escargot. This place fit the bill. We were immediately greeted by the owner, Diana who made us feel welcomed and gave each of us a hug. Within a couple of minutes, her entire staff came over to say hello to meet our son. We felt like a rock stars. We were served some fresh cheese with pecans to spread on our freshly baked bread. What awesome service. We ordered pasta & milk for our son & within minutes his dinner was served. They even brought fresh cheese to sprinkle on the pasta. I ordered a cabernet & it was actually served in the correct cabernet wine glass. I can't tell you how many restaurants we dine at and they serve cabernet in a very small chardonnay glass. Anyway, my escargot was piping hot & not overcooked. Bread was also served so that you could dip every last drop of garlic & butter. Yum. We also split an entree, Canyon Ranch Scallops. They were to die for. They were so big and also served piping hot. My son ate all of his diner which is a rarity when dining out. This place deserves a better write up than what you have seen. The food tastes great, is served piping hot which means that everything is prepared to order and the staff take an interest in its customer's. We will surely dine again & again... Thanks for an awesome meal. By the way, they offered fresh fruit (watermelon) to keep my son happy. I would give it 6 stars but there are only 5 to choose from

• Visited August 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“Always so good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This past Tuesday (July 30th), we had another wonderful dining experience at the Le Vieux Logis Restaurant in Bethesda. To begin my meal I had their refreshing and delicious Watermelon salad and followed this with the special of the evening....Fish and Chips "Copenhagen Style" which was truly a treat. It is lightly battered Icelandic Cod served on a bed of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
The dining experience was completed by the warm welcome all patrons receive on entering the restaurant and the hospitality shown to them through their entire meal.
I strongly suggest experiencing a visit to the Le Vieux Logis. You definitely will not be sorry and YOU WILL RETURN!!!

• Visited July 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Award Winning Le Vieux Logis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

There is a reason why this charming restaurant won Bethesda's Beauty Spot Award. Le Vieux Logis is a gem where the decor and ambiance create a setting that enhances the award winning cuisine. The classic escargot and fabulous short ribs shine in a menu that offers a wide variety of delectable choices. Diana, the restaurant's gracious owner, makes each guest feel welcome. When dining, you are transported out of a traffic-clogged urban area into a lovely setting that could be somewhere special in France.

BETHESDA, MD
“"I'm just saying!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

“Le Vieux Logis” has a delicious new menu. There are different specials for each evening.
Tuesday night is “Fish and Chips” night. I really like fish but French fries are not my favorite thing. Diana suggested that I try the fish on a delightful tomato, mozzarella and basil salad (Summer Fish & Chips “Copenhagen Style.” As a frequent diner, I am hooked on this delightfully refreshing plate and plan to sample it many times this summer. I feel the need to respond to a previous review. Servers come in 2 varieties (female waitresses and male waiters). I have never seen only one server at “Le Vieux Logis.” And, might I add jalapenos are an acquired taste. I like them. And, I also appreciate the friendliness of the staff and fellow customers. I’m just saying!!!!

woodbridge, VA USA
“Pleasant but not first-rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here (first time) Saturday evening. They are aiming at a French country atmosphere here in the exterior and interior decor. Salads were fresh and not over-saturated with dressing. Nice selection of breads. An obnoxious deep-fried gratis appetizer is offered. Servers were hard-working and efficient but waitress (the only one we observed in a very busy 40 table restaurant-- I think there was another one at the back section) was well-informed but casual rather than professional in her manner. We barely saw her after placing our initial order! The scallops and shrimp entrees we had were poorly seasoned and not attractively presented. Wine and coffee were good but the sorbet was Haagen-Daas right out of the Safeway freezer. Restaurant has a loyal following of well-heeled local retirees for whom this relaxed atmosphere and boring dishes are well-suited. Valet parking is available for free.
In short, a decent meal, overpriced, in an understaffed restaurant. We will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere