“"I'm just saying!"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vieux Logis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Auburn Ave.
Transit: Bethesda Metro Station (Red)
BETHESDA, MD
“"I'm just saying!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

“Le Vieux Logis” has a delicious new menu. There are different specials for each evening.
Tuesday night is “Fish and Chips” night. I really like fish but French fries are not my favorite thing. Diana suggested that I try the fish on a delightful tomato, mozzarella and basil salad (Summer Fish & Chips “Copenhagen Style.” As a frequent diner, I am hooked on this delightfully refreshing plate and plan to sample it many times this summer. I feel the need to respond to a previous review. Servers come in 2 varieties (female waitresses and male waiters). I have never seen only one server at “Le Vieux Logis.” And, might I add jalapenos are an acquired taste. I like them. And, I also appreciate the friendliness of the staff and fellow customers. I’m just saying!!!!

• Visited May 2013

woodbridge, VA USA
“Pleasant but not first-rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here (first time) Saturday evening. They are aiming at a French country atmosphere here in the exterior and interior decor. Salads were fresh and not over-saturated with dressing. Nice selection of breads. An obnoxious deep-fried gratis appetizer is offered. Servers were hard-working and efficient but waitress (the only one we observed in a very busy 40 table restaurant-- I think there was another one at the back section) was well-informed but casual rather than professional in her manner. We barely saw her after placing our initial order! The scallops and shrimp entrees we had were poorly seasoned and not attractively presented. Wine and coffee were good but the sorbet was Haagen-Daas right out of the Safeway freezer. Restaurant has a loyal following of well-heeled local retirees for whom this relaxed atmosphere and boring dishes are well-suited. Valet parking is available for free.
In short, a decent meal, overpriced, in an understaffed restaurant. We will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Another Hit Performance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were ravenous after rehearsing for a show all day, and we decided to stop in at Le Vieux Logis despite our less-than-formal attire. Owner Diana Dahan greeted us heartily despite our somewhat disheveled appearances, and thus began another amazing dining experience at this lovely little slice of France in Bethesda. For the opening act, the crab martini and lobster bisque were excellent as usual (if you have never had the crab martini, it is one of the most unique and delectable creations I have ever tasted), and my husband loved the escargot and salad of the day, a mozzarella and heirloom tomato combination that was delightful. The next act, the main course, was truly the "meat" of the production. My husband had the special, which was a prime rib that didn't even require a knife to cut it was so tender and succulent. I have to say that the star of the show was my Tournedos Rossini, a filet mignon with a madiera sauce, served over a portabello mushroom and topped with a pate de foie gras. The combination was exquisite. Somehow, we saved room for the final act, desert. If you have never had creme brulee at Le Vieux Logis, it is worth the trip just for that. The chocolate cake special desert was equally rich and delightful. When the curtain came down on this meal, it deserved a standing ovation.

• Visited April 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“French Cuisine Tailored To Personal Diets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Here you will find a small French restaurant with Danish flavors intermixed that enabvles someone on a diet to dine and feel comfortable that the food will be tasty and healthful. Just let the wait staff know of your dietary needs and you will have a gourmet experience!

• Visited December 2012
ANNAPOLIS
“A touch of the old world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined at Le Vieux Logis and experienced a wonderful dinner. The atmosphere reminded us of a French or Belgian inn. There were flowers and painted china and hanging copper pots on the walls. As we had pulled up outside we noticed the murals on the restaurant. We later found out that they were scenes from owner Diana Dahan's childhood home.
The food was exquisitly prepared and served. I had fish and it melted in my mouth. Other diners praised their dishes also. If you get a chance give them a try.

• Visited March 2013